Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Fever RFC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysbryd grav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlet Fever RFC
    Posted: 05 April 2013 at 7:38am
Veterans of SF may rember the epic Scarletfever XV v Llanelli Warriors rugby match back in the day.  Ever since there has been intermittent talk of another fixture, well, what about SF entering the Warriors 7s and/or touch tournament on Saturday May 4th (Scarlets play on the Friday).

The Warriors are looking for social sides with NO pro players and works/friends/pub sides rather than rugby teams.  Touch is 5 a side: mixed or mens, 7s is er... 7 a side.  

T.D.P.S.
http://www.llanelliwarriors.co.uk
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 8:51am
This isn't the sort of dangling carrot to put my boots back on I need a month before the Lions with a dodgy knee.

Must resist....
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 10:51am
No rucks, how can I call the next play and driectthe defensive line with some exaggerated arm waving?
I'm out.

(Good idea though)
the ezmanoid View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the ezmanoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 12:13pm
I've entered a touch team already, rumours are circulating that rap Colombo will making a much hyped return to the rugby pitch.
what is point?
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 12:50pm
I'm up for this if ayone fancies resurrecting any of the teams from the Scarlets TAG days.

Multi, Gate. Micro, Gnasher, you bois up for this?
#George
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 1:27pm
As a member of the winning 7s team at last years succesful event, i look forward to what will hopefully be a bigger turnout.

was a fantastic day last year, bit windy, but there we go! hopefully it will be sunshine and enjoyable social 7s rugby.

get in the 7s tournament and the Tag tournament! last year we won the 7s but we didnt win a single tag game!!
ysbryd grav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysbryd grav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

I'm up for this if ayone fancies resurrecting any of the teams from the Scarlets TAG days.

COme on Bois, be a good day, supports a good cause, and theres a decent chance you'll win, anyone else??
T.D.P.S.
http://www.llanelliwarriors.co.uk
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:50am
far too many years and pounds gained here for that lol
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Might be able to rope me into the tag but for the love of god if I try to play 7's stop me.

Also someone will have to explain the rules of tag rugby to me Embarrassed
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:45pm
Right up your street really mate, tackling not required.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:49pm

That's the sort of comment that'll get me playing 7's and you having to push me around in a wheelchair in Oz.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:54pm
Tell you what I'd pay to see Zep and His Monkeyness playing tag...it would be like telling Dennis Lille he could only bowl under-arm lollipops.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:59pm
Sorry bois, I'm out. I'm in Northampton, ironically, that weekend at a silver wedding anniversary. Forgot, until I mentioned the TAG to the less than impressed wife.
#George
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Tell you what I'd pay to see Zep and His Monkeyness playing tag...it would be like telling Dennis Lille he could only bowl under-arm lollipops.

What's tag?
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 2:16pm

It's where you try to avoid the natural desire of the English player to look up, see the nearest player from the opposition and then try run right over him.
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2013 at 2:19pm
Ah yes, I remember it now - the bollock slapping game where you can still put the shoulder in.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic