Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets extra fixture ??.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets extra fixture ??.
    Posted: 30 August 2020 at 5:26pm

With Connacht throwing there fixture today ,by making 14 changes and handing Munster the Semi play off spot ,what are supporters thoughts with regards an extra fixture in preparation for Toulon .
Sponsored Links

multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2020 at 6:35pm
Has to be done imo. Any one of the welsh regions would work, get the Ospreys to the parc? No point playing inter - squad games as they won’t have the intensity and players will use the same game plan. Surely this can be sorted and is in the best interests of all parties with the new season looming?
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2020 at 6:47pm
Ospreys might welcome a game. Whether it would count as meaningful for George North’s suspensions is a possibility 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2020 at 7:14pm
I think we’re ok for injuries ?  Samson had a cut nose and I’m unsure about Sebastian .   Another rushed fixture would be beneficial, though we now have strength in depth that will really benefit us ,though I’ll reserve judgement until after the Toulon game.  A win will be huge and potentially sets us on a real path for silverware. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2020 at 11:51pm
Sebastian failed a HIA and was replaced by Ken, he’ll have to work through the HIA protocol now, hopefully it’s not too serious.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 9:47am
Worried about this as tight-head is probably the squad's weakest position.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 10:06am
Javed has it all to proof at the top level. Does he need more conditioning as well? Modern jerseys are pretty unforgiving!He’s certainly a big lad ! We are pinning a lot on him as a young front row player coming to the top and  is there someone else coming through who might make the grade ?🤔

Edited by reesytheexile - 31 August 2020 at 10:08am
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 10:12am
Would  a run out against the dragons be worth while as they got Bristol to play in their cup game.
Both fully loaded squads getting  ready for their Euro games
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 10:12am
We have Alex Jeffries as another tight head and doesn't Kelmsley Matthias, who's in our academy, play there as well? 

I wondered whether it'll be an idea to bring Ben Leuong into the squad.
eds
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Javed has it all to proof at the top level. Does he need more conditioning as well? Modern jerseys are pretty unforgiving!He’s certainly a big lad ! We are pinning a lot on him as a young front row player coming to the top and  is there someone else coming through who might make the grade ?🤔
Saw him in Carmarthen few weeks back let’s just say he didn’t exactly look like a professional sportsman.
It’s a shame because the rest of the squad who have played so far look really fit and in shape including Samson who looks fittest I’ve seen in a couple of years. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 11:30am
I can't see them adding another fixture ,especially with the  Covid situation. 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 12:12pm

he is 26 mind. Although nowhere near the pro experience of Samson, he is only a year behind him. 
Next years recruitment imo should be another NWQ tighthead. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Saw him in Carmarthen few weeks back let’s just say he didn’t exactly look like a professional sportsman.
It’s a shame because the rest of the squad who have played so far look really fit and in shape including Samson who looks fittest I’ve seen in a couple of years. 
Glad it’s not just me ! Now was the time for Javed to really step up with his fitness in the hope that he could break through into the top level. At 26 he can’t mess around.He could blow it if he’s not careful as I feel worried about him and for his sake as well. He’s a big lad and yes Samson looks very good. 👍
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I can't see them adding another fixture ,especially with the  Covid situation. 

I think this is right. The more pertinent question is whether the Toulon fixture, and the remainder of the tournament, will go ahead.
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Glad it’s not just me ! Now was the time for Javed to really step up with his fitness in the hope that he could break through into the top level. At 26 he can’t mess around.He could blow it if he’s not careful as I feel worried about him and for his sake as well. He’s a big lad and yes Samson looks very good. 👍

Seemed to have lost the weight last season and worked on his fitness, although lockdown seems to have put an end to that.
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

We have Alex Jeffries as another tight head and doesn't Kelmsley Matthias, who's in our academy, play there as well? 

I wondered whether it'll be an idea to bring Ben Leuong into the squad.

We also have Kruger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic