Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets shirts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets shirts
    Posted: 07 April 2022 at 9:45pm
Recently, I’ve seen a few of our fans, some of great long-standing, choosing to wear shirts that have Juno Moneta in the position of main sponsor.

I’m intrigued as to why people would choose to wear that version. 

Is it really that attractive? Even if it is, how good does it have to be to outweigh how much they didn’t live up to their end of their bargain/contract? Add on the amounts lost by various clients and others and whatever your previous answer was, the shirt needs to look even better.

Hope you can help me understand.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2022 at 10:05pm
maybe thats the only shirt that fits LOLCry
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2022 at 11:30pm
I haven't bought a shirt for years. Some other bits and bobs but not a shirt. Haven't liked any since the Rhino days. 

Steve, I wonder how many of our fans paid much heed to the JM collapse? Probably not that many and fewer still kept it in their minds for long. 

The whole story seemed to be pretty shoddy, and lots of people were taken in, unfortunately. That's probably why it hasn't been a bigger story in the minds of our fans - the club itself has said very little, probably not wanting to draw attention to what was quite a costly failure in the end.

The sad thing is, that 2018 shirt actually looked better than the current one, IMHO
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2022 at 11:55pm
It shows the need for proper due diligence of sponsors not just looking at the rubbery cheques! Apart from the embarrassment didn’t it cost us £100k or something in unpaid income? I hope fans resist putting that shirt on tbh . 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 8:03am
The Juno Monetta business ranks high with some of the club's other bad moves.I'd put it along side the signing of Frazier Climo,the Steve McDowell saga,the signing of Hala'ufiah,and the tragic tale of Glen and Whiffers..
HollowayScarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollowayScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 9:35am
I understand a lot of supporters won't wear the current jersey because of the three feather insignia. 
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 10:24am
Originally posted by HollowayScarlet HollowayScarlet wrote:

I understand a lot of supporters won't wear the current jersey because of the three feather insignia. 

Count me in on that.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 10:25am
not purchased it and not likely too. cant wait for macron to disappear from the club. quality is poor
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 11:08am
I understand why the players have kits with the current material, but it would be nice if they sold replica cotton kits to fans in the old style. They are much comfier and in my opinion just look a lot better.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 11:40am

Why?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 11:47am
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Why?
now you have done it, the meibion glyndwr lot will be after youSmile
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 11:50am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Why?
now you have done it, the meibion glyndwr lot will be after youSmile
LOL just interested to know why the 3 feathers are hated
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 11:59am

Why?

See-
https://www.change.org/p/welsh-rugby-union-change-the-wru-emblem-from-the-english-prince-3-feathers-to-a-welsh-dragon
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Why?

See-
https://www.change.org/p/welsh-rugby-union-change-the-wru-emblem-from-the-english-prince-3-feathers-to-a-welsh-dragon

So it's  not just feathers on scarlets top the  issue  is with but the feathers on Welsh  tops to.

philturk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 12:24pm
Sadly so, I guess some people will never let the past go
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

Sadly so, I guess some people will never let the past go

So there are still Scarlets supporters who want to see the emblem of a Prince of the English house of windsor (real name Saxe-Coburg Gotha reveals its German origin) remain on the Scarlets and Wales jerseys. Sad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic