Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face the Ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Of course Josh isn't match fit yet but he will improve every game. His ceiling is very high and another 50/60 minutes under his belt will be ideal. Dwayne is managing his resources pretty well at the moment & his treatment of guys with recent bad injury records is clever as witnessed by the way he is using Josh, Rhys & Aaron. 

If he can nurse these boys through till the end of the season followed by a full pre-season they all should be ready to rock & roll come September 2022 along with the likes of Ken, Wyn, Johnny Mac & Scott.
That along with fact when he had come on as sub Aaron has been outstanding, better than when he has started. 

Edited by Why - 29 April 2022 at 2:56pm
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 3:07pm
With home advantage it’s an ospreys win on paper looking at their side. Derby game though. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

With home advantage it’s an ospreys win on paper looking at their side. Derby game though. 
If they can handle Kal and Lousi I think so. We need to stop Cuthbert, really good form as of late. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Two equally matched sides at least. Given the debate midweek, I'm looking forward to seeing the scrum half contest.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 3:46pm
I would have preferred to have seen Patchell starting. His decision making and passing are still an order or two better than Costelow's and I feel a lot less nervous when Patch is throwing these long passes to put our backs into space. It's a pity Blade isn't available as he would have increased the power available to us in tight and loose.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 4:34pm
Peyper reffing and Whitehouse AR - it's a lottery - the only certainty is that between the two of them rugby will be the loser.
What's going on?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

Peyper reffing and Whitehouse AR - it's a lottery - the only certainty is that between the two of them rugby will be the loser.

Whitehouse has been replaced by Adam Jones. 
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 5:34pm
I know I’ve been one of the biggest critics when it comes to Steff Evans the past few weeks but I’m glad he’s on the bench, on his day he’s a match winner and from the bench I think he can be exactly that, for what he’s given the Scarlets throughout the years he deserves to show that he still has a big part to play in the clubs future. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

I know I’ve been one of the biggest critics when it comes to Steff Evans the past few weeks but I’m glad he’s on the bench, on his day he’s a match winner and from the bench I think he can be exactly that, for what he’s given the Scarlets throughout the years he deserves to show that he still has a big part to play in the clubs future. 

The coaches are putting faith in exactly that I think. 60 tries for the Scarlets.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 7:25pm
Cuthbert  giles protheroe a quick back 3 but all shaky in the air , hope we drop some high kicks on them
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

I would have preferred to have seen Patchell starting. His decision making and passing are still an order or two better than Costelow's and I feel a lot less nervous when Patch is throwing these long passes to put our backs into space. It's a pity Blade isn't available as he would have increased the power available to us in tight and loose.

I would agree that I would nave preferred to see Rhys starting as I think he would be more controlled and has more experience.
I think it will be a tough game as they are quite strong at the moment and we need to start well.

saundersfoot scarlets
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2022 at 12:38am
Originally posted by saundersfootscarlets saundersfootscarlets wrote:

Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

I would agree that I would nave preferred to see Rhys starting as I think he would be more controlled and has more experience.
I think it will be a tough game as they are quite strong at the moment and we need to start well.

I also agree with the above, and quite surprised regarding Rhy's omission, as he was excellent in Newport. 
Having said that, the only way that Costelow, can develop his game, is to play in tough pressure games like this one. Clearly he is going to be our lynchpin going forward long term, so maybe Dwaine looks at this as an investment, but  also  balancing out the fact that we badly want to win in Swansea

Its a shame about blade Thompson, and we will miss his all round skill and physicality.
His health comes first however !

Key to this game is how we hold their forwards, particularly set piece.
They will target our scrum and line out, and if these hold up, I think we will win.
If we start giving penalties for Anscombe to Kick, or gain field position, the O's are pretty good at exerting pressure, and we don't want to be chasing the game.
I think Stef Thomas, will be able to hold is own against Francis, (which would be achievement,) but the focus for me is how Javan Sebastian handles Gareth Thomas. This could be key !

JBR Rochester, makes a very interesting point about how Dwaine is handling Shings , Josh Mcloud etc.
Whatever the out of Saturdays game, the focus is to get these guys fully fit, plus halfpenny, McNicol Wyn Jones, ken, Samson, Rawlings...back on the field, and start building from sept, after what has been a car crash season, some of which was of out doing( conaught/dragons..home), but a lot of which definitely not.

The ospreys will be missing Tipuric, but when you put the names above in to the equation, plus blade Thompson, it puts things in a little more perspective.
lets hope the boys can do it..!
"COME ON SCARLETS !"
I stood yer on tanner bank
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2022 at 8:49am
Not sure where Steffs getting criticism from has been on the wrong side of decisions imo. 

Big game for Costelow but I believe in him. 

Good luck boiso. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2022 at 9:32am
This will be a tough one. I think we have the benefit of a decent run of games, but other than that it’s a huge test for our pack. Also, we cannot kick to their back three without an effective chase, because they can all beat defenders.

Having said that, I am filled with the usual unreasonable optimism that goes with being a supporter. There’s no reason we can’t win.
We're still still here!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2022 at 9:34am
The odds have narrowed all week, we started as slight favourites in the bookies, now the Os are ever so slight favourites 
We're still still here!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2022 at 9:43am
Given the poor form of both teams this season its a close call. Can our pack, with a relatively inexperienced front 5 be galvanised by the quality of Ryan & Sam? If so & we manage to get quick ball then I have confidence that our backs can win us the game. 

The Ospreys are somewhat of an enigma with a strong pack & International quality half backs but they have stuttered all season to play the all court attacking game. Is Anscombe still hamstrung by that terrible injury as he does not seem to be anything like the same player since his return. Time will tell. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic