Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Munster match thread 10/10/2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 10:29pm
The last time we competed in the league Patchell was 10 and we had a full season with him in that position. We desperately need him back. Also, last time we competed in the league, we lost to Leinster in the final, Cubby was in the side.

I hope these 2 are back soon. Sounds promising with Patchell, who we haven't seen in a Scarlets shirt now for a year. Every year since the final v Leinster when we were beaten we've struggled, and every season since then Patchell has hardly played for us. I really think we need him back asap. 

I have doubts about Cubby and if we will ever see him on the pitch ever again. I hope we have McCloud back as soon as possible.
eds
Sponsored Links

Boisbach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

The last time we competed in the league Patchell was 10 and we had a full season with him in that position. We desperately need him back. Also, last time we competed in the league, we lost to Leinster in the final, Cubby was in the side.

I hope these 2 are back soon. Sounds promising with Patchell, who we haven't seen in a Scarlets shirt now for a year. Every year since the final v Leinster when we were beaten we've struggled, and every season since then Patchell has hardly played for us. I really think we need him back asap. 

I have doubts about Cubby and if we will ever see him on the pitch ever again. I hope we have McCloud back as soon as possible.

Don’t expect too much from Patchell or the other 10’s, when we are getting battered and out muscled up front.

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 10:39pm
We did just miss a lot of tackles. Hogan got his work cut out.

Leinster away next week. He should know how they play
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 11:53pm
Can we get onto the local authorities ASAP to find 'Missing Tackle', he's disappeared for a few games now, and he was definitely missing again today Shocked Last time I saw 'Missing Tackle', he was with ''Huge Gap at the Breakdown' and 'Terry Terrible Defence' LOLLOLLOL

We seriously have a mountain of work to after watching that game today, we were completely shambolic ConfusedConfusedConfused
New Season, New Start
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 12:43am
we have no locks? why?
we allow teams to spoil our ball for 80 minutes and we dont even bother to change tactics? Mindless
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

We aren’t that bad. These things happen - credit to Munster. The ref didn’t help us but we were well beaten. We know where we need to recruit. I thought the Ospreys lad did well all things considered. 

The worst bit was Foxy scrabbling back like an under 11s game. 

Oh well, it’s only rugby let’s remember that. Your health is your wealth and it’s mental awareness day so look after those that might need it. 

Onwards!!!!

These things happen.

These things happen all too often, sorry. Edinburgh, Sale now Munster. Didn't we blow a 14 point lead against Munster last season at PyS with 5 mins to go and lost by 3 too? Nobody is blaming Peel, but we really are no better since he worked with the bois in pre season training, but has a weaker squad. Consistently inconsistent. Fans are nervous about heading to the game as they dont want to see a potential shafting. We need two big locks and a jackler. Also work on defense. Onwards and upwards. Sigh. Fed up of saying that phrase for the past 15 months.
Scarlets before Wales
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 6:54am
the weather was nice.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 8:07am
We were overpowered last year on a number of occasions so what do we do go out and spend on backs and let one of our best forwards go and not replace him.
We then buy a lock that we let go and rate him so highly we get a 5 choice Osprey on loan who walks into side in front of him.
Yes the board have done well to keep us going but the recruitment has been very woeful. 
We apparently have strong links to NZ with Brad being allowed to leave and now we got Fitzpatrick on board can someone  tell me what benefit we are getting please. 
We are the worst Welsh region now and can’t see that changing anytime soon. 
Long season ahead but we will turn up in blind hope spending our hard earned cash. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 8:09am
Don’t think I decided on a good game to make my first visit to the Parc since I was a small child!
I haven’t read all these comments so apologies if I’m repeating others. Clearly that was a shocking and unacceptable performance, both in defence but also in attack where our only try was caused more by a bounce of the ball than any good quality ball. I said before the game that I worried about Steff aerially but he also struggled in general defence and missed a try scoring opportunity (which he also did last week). Unfortunately until he’s sorted the basics out he’s a luxury we can’t afford and should make way for Conbeer. While the coaching staff deserve a portion of the blame this was a team full of internationals who were dropping off tackles at an alarming rate - not much the coaching staff can do about that.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Don’t think I decided on a good game to make my first visit to the Parc since I was a small child!
I haven’t read all these comments so apologies if I’m repeating others. Clearly that was a shocking and unacceptable performance, both in defence but also in attack where our only try was caused more by a bounce of the ball than any good quality ball. I said before the game that I worried about Steff aerially but he also struggled in general defence and missed a try scoring opportunity (which he also did last week). Unfortunately until he’s sorted the basics out he’s a luxury we can’t afford and should make way for Conbeer. While the coaching staff deserve a portion of the blame this was a team full of internationals who were dropping off tackles at an alarming rate - not much the coaching staff can do about that.
they could drop them,they will suddenly find their form when they play for wales.
Rubrum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

the weather was nice.

It was without doubt, the best part of the day.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 9:55am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

they could drop them,they will suddenly find their form when they play for wales.

The form or non form of our Internationals has been a huge concern to me for a few seasons. Fitzpatrick calls for changes to the season format so that games can be more competitive & will attract more crowds is not really upheld by that performance yesterday from a Scarlets team containing no less than 16 full Internationals in the 23. If serious questions are not being asked by senior management into the commitment being shown by many top players then it is serious dereliction of duty. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:29am
I didn’t see the game as I was at the NFL but I have it recorded. I assume I have nothing to gain by watching it from the score and the comments on here…
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:31am
They had receivers hitting the ball at pace time and time again and consistently made meters. We had no answer to that and it did us some damage - score wise and to the likes of Scott and Sioni who felt the brunt of that physicality.

We didn't appear to have any game plan to stop them, didn't adjust tactically when it became apparent how Munster were set out and couldn't figure out how to break them down when we did have the ball.

We also heaped pressure on ourselves with poor kicking (the missed touch), an awful kick-chase game, a malfunctioning line-out and a scrum-that was frequently penalised. If you can't get these areas right when you do have possession and your opponent is making hard-meters when they have the ball, it's going to be a long afternoon.

The lack of ball-carriers means this is going to be a long-season. If Sioni is our only option, then crikey, we've left ourselves short... 
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I didn’t see the game as I was at the NFL but I have it recorded. I assume I have nothing to gain by watching it from the score and the comments on here…

Not unless you're a masochist or want to see the emerging talent coming through at Munster. It was very bad. 
David View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:53am
I think what was really noticeable to me was the energy displayed by the Munster pack particularly at ruck time. The pick and carry around the fringes was dynamic from their forwards. You always got the feeling they would make yards, and when close to the line they would score. In contrast, we were very ponderous in that department- slow in both thought and action. 

Defensively we were of course dire. I am not sure how much was down to personnel or structures, but if the former, then that is really concerning as highlights a lack of speed, power and technique at this level. Leinster is likely to be another difficult one and a reaction to yesterday is essential.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic