Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Ospreys match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Out of interest. Does anyone have a record of Toby Booth against Scarlets?

I know we did ok against him at London Irish and now obviously the last 3 with him at charge at Ospreys? Did we play his Bath or Harlequins sides?
He was Bath forwards coach when we beat them in the Champions Cup at the Rec back in 2018, although they beat us in Llanelli.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:24pm
Re Scott and captaincy issues, the Scarlets situation is one thing but WOL had an article in the last couple of days about the Welsh captaincy in the absence of AWJ. In the list of candidates proposed were two Scarlets, Foxy and Ken. But not Scott. That's just wrong. Scott is a senior international, fit and playing well and showing leadership of a high standard. He should be in the list of candidates for captain of Wales.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Re Scott and captaincy issues, the Scarlets situation is one thing but WOL had an article in the last couple of days about the Welsh captaincy in the absence of AWJ. In the list of candidates proposed were two Scarlets, Foxy and Ken. But not Scott. That's just wrong. Scott is a senior international, fit and playing well and showing leadership of a high standard. He should be in the list of candidates for captain of Wales.

I agree however the player they listed as shoe ins to start if they are fit. Scott is playing well but there is no certainty he would start for Wales.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:36pm
It is no secret I do not rate Ken as a captain & frankly neither he nor Foxy are more than 50/50 to start. Ken is not even fit to play so he is a total non starter. There are very few candidates who are serious contenders as obvious starters - the leading one for me is Tipuric who is reportedly almost ready to return with 4 more possible games to go.

Scott could certainly do the job and for me he and Halaholo along with the returning North would be the main centre contenders for the 6 nations. Next in line for me would be Watkins who is clearly ahead of Collins & Tompkins in my eyes at least. 

As for Foxy & Johnny Williams they haven't played for months so along with North need to start getting games or Pivac will be a expecting a hell of a lot to put them in for the Irish game. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:52pm
In my opinion Kal would be a great captain for us. 
Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I agree however the player they listed as shoe ins to start if they are fit. Scott is playing well but there is no certainty he would start for Wales.
I have to admit that I'll be quite surprised if Scotty is not Welsh captain. There is nobody else.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

It is no secret I do not rate Ken as a captain & frankly neither he nor Foxy are more than 50/50 to start. Ken is not even fit to play so he is a total non starter. There are very few candidates who are serious contenders as obvious starters - the leading one for me is Tipuric who is reportedly almost ready to return with 4 more possible games to go.

Scott could certainly do the job and for me he and Halaholo along with the returning North would be the main centre contenders for the 6 nations. Next in line for me would be Watkins who is clearly ahead of Collins & Tompkins in my eyes at least. 

As for Foxy & Johnny Williams they haven't played for months so along with North need to start getting games or Pivac will be a expecting a hell of a lot to put them in for the Irish game. 

Don't be silly, they'll have one game back for the Scarlets then play against Ireland then be dropped as they aren't deemed match fit.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 2:23pm
I really feel for Jonny W to be fair, because that’s exactly what happened to him in the Ai’s.

He’s had no luck at all.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Don't be silly, they'll have one game back for the Scarlets then play against Ireland then be dropped as they aren't deemed match fit.

In all honesty if there was a game worth sitting out it is probably Ireland, with their confidence & tails up, in Dublin with Wales struggling with their set piece, no settled captain or 9 & a midfield conundrum.
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 3:31pm
I think, once he's over his latest injury, and in the next few years our captains should be Ryan and Josh McCloud. Think both of them would make great captains and have experience already in the armband. 
eds
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 7:33pm

Scott has shown oodles of class and much needed tactical nous since coming back, but he hasn't played for Wales for goodness knows how long, so I'm not surprised there TBH
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 11:21am
Biggar, Foxy, Tipuric, Jenkins, Beard and Faletau all probably ahead of Scott for captaincy in the Wales jersey.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 12:10pm
He couldn't lead his team to beat his old man in the Harry Potter trivial pursuit quiz over Christmas mun.
Slacker.

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 1:30pm
I think that's actually a win.
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Biggar, Foxy, Tipuric, Jenkins, Beard and Faletau all probably ahead of Scott for captaincy in the Wales jersey.

Of those, Jenkins is miles off being fully fit and looks a shadow of the player he was prior to injury, Tipuric and Faletau are injured and have not played this season. Beard has no captaincy experience and is still trying to establish himself in the team. Which leaves Biggar and Foxy, only one of them has captaincy experience but he is not guaranteed a starting spot. 
Could we see a new name brought in solely for their captaincy experience, or maybe just give it to one of the handful of players who look odds on to start?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Of those, Jenkins is miles off being fully fit and looks a shadow of the player he was prior to injury, Tipuric and Faletau are injured and have not played this season. Beard has no captaincy experience and is still trying to establish himself in the team. Which leaves Biggar and Foxy, only one of them has captaincy experience but he is not guaranteed a starting spot. 
Could we see a new name brought in solely for their captaincy experience, or maybe just give it to one of the handful of players who look odds on to start?

It is a predicament. Pick the best team and then your captain. Only Biggar I would say is, as of today, certain to start. If Tips comes through a few games this month then he will be 7 & captain otherwise it could be Biggar. At least it will give him a reason to pester the refs. Think finding captain at the moment is the least of Pivac's problems. Trying to find a Welsh set piece against a rampant Irish 8 - now that is a problem. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic