Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sci-Fi Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 9:19am
Westworld and especially Saturn V spring to mind.
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Ole Yul mun what a robot...

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 8:13pm
Rewatched Artificial Intelligence today...forgotten how good and wierd the film was ...shold have realised that anything with Judd Law in is usually a bit unreal
Jonesyboy1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesyboy1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 10:08pm
Two sides referee!
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 8:33am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Have you seen "Moon"?

With Sam Rockwell. Nothing complex. But a very, very well done movie with a quite brilliant score.

Great film. Reminds me of 2001: a space odyssey in some ways.

I also like sci-fi books: you can get so much more immersed in the universe the writer's created. Dune is one of the best ever for this IMO.

Edited by dr_martinov - 16 October 2012 at 8:42am
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 9:10am
If you haven't seen it, Fritz Lang's 'Metropolis' (1927) is a must.

Woody Allen's 'Sleeper' is hilarious, if you also have a taste for comedy SF.

Them! (about giant killer ants) is quite good fun.

And as already mentioned, 'Westworld' with Yul Brynner as an out-of-control robot is pretty effective.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Saturn V?

What is that? I know you don't mean Saturn 3 as it is the worst film ever made.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

Tried watching Primer but fell asleep not long into it. To my understanding it's very complicated.
Yeah, I found that a bit grey too, goes off too quickly! WinkLOL
Scarlets!!!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Tried watching Primer but fell asleep not long into it. To my understanding it's very complicated.
Yeah, I found that a bit grey too, goes off too quickly! WinkLOL

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 4:22pm
Coming back to this thread, thanks to everyone who recommended Westworld. Managed to watch it not long back, great film and doesn't look too dated. 
Jonesyboy1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesyboy1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:10pm

Coming back to this thread, thanks to everyone who recommended Westworld. Managed to watch it not long back, great film and doesn't look too dated. 

I don't think it will ever date because it has been copied so often! The first terminator as a case in point - the enemy that does not die.

It always makes me want to watch the original Magnificent 7 movie again, which I believe Brynner's character was loosely based on.
Two sides referee!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:09am
Anyone remember the Black Hole? Awesome!
Scarlets!!!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 8:00am
I watched 2001 a space oddysey last week. Quite incredible to think it was made before man even landed on the moon. George Lucas must have got so many ideas from it. There's an air of pretentiousness about it but who cares, its visually a masterpiece.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Anyone remember the Black Hole? Awesome!
very dissapointed with that one thought it was a c*** film.flesh gordon one of my favourites with emperor wang the perverted deserving of a special mention.LOL
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 10:32pm
Alien was ground breaking, Aliens the proper uncut full version is sheer class..

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Alien was ground breaking, Aliens the proper uncut full version is sheer class..

Agreed, I still watch that periodically, can't get enough of it! ClapClapClap 

Best part of Alien was Sigourney Weaver getting into her space suit at the end, giving everyone a great view of her Vajazzle! LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Mrfwon - 19 April 2013 at 11:55am
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic