Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Fardy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

didn't we know all this when we demanded stand alone status though?

the IRFU have all the players centrally contracted and run the provincial game, I doubt anyone on here wants that for the region do they?

With Paddy Jackson exiled from Ireland, the IRFU want either Byrne or Carbery to switch from Leinster to Ulster. That's the system in Ireland - all obey the Union.

Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

To put that £1.5m/yr in context, Sarries charge £500k per year to be shirt sponsors!

I was looking at Toulon's budget recently - the club makes 4.8m Euros through it's restaurant every year.

What are they selling?!!!

Well, you can see pictures of the dishes here:

though as far as I can see, there's no way to get the names/descriptions of the dishes - or the prices!

If you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it,
We're still still here!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 6:59pm

For context:
GDP of Ireland in 2017  = $337bn (not including NI)
GDP of NI in 2015 = $38bn
Total = $375bn (ball park)
GDP of Wales in 2015 (last I can find) = $85bn

So in terms of population and wealth, Wales is more akin to an Irish Province than the whole Island of Ireland!

I really don't get why so many people ignore this when complaining that the Scarlets don't have the crowds or budget that Leinster do.

It's like asking why Ireland are below the UK in the Olympic Medal tables

didn't we know all this when we demanded stand alone status though?

the IRFU have all the players centrally contracted and run the provincial game, I doubt anyone on here wants that for the region do they?

I’m not sayin we didn’t, or complaining about those facts. Just the idiots that say we should be getting 14000 in every week and having squads to match the Irish. It will never happen and we will have to continue punching above our weight
We're still still here!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 7:01pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Sponsorship of 11.2 million is unbelievable. We need to sign up their marketing director!!!

Wouldn't shock me if their benefactor is or an associated company is  their main sponsor , it's bit like how man city  and psg do it

In France “sponsorship” includes any input from benefactors
We're still still here!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 7:44pm

Sponsorship of 11.2 million is unbelievable. We need to sign up their marketing director!!!

Wouldn't shock me if their benefactor is or an associated company is  their main sponsor , it's bit like how man city  and psg do it

Their main sponsors are Mutuelle des soleil, Orangina and Volkswagen. They're not connected with their benefactor at all. He says he doesn't put any money in the club routinely anymore as Toulon now turn a profit.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 9:21pm
Not true, Toulon are held up by investors. They had a black hole of €3 million in their finances last year and were bailed by Mourad.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Not true, Toulon are held up by investors. They had a black hole of €3 million in their finances last year and were bailed by Mourad.

That's why I said "routinely".
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 11:25pm

Their main sponsors are Mutuelle des soleil, Orangina and Volkswagen. They're not connected with their benefactor at all. He says he doesn't put any money in the club routinely anymore as Toulon now turn a profit.

In general, I mean
We're still still here!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 2:08pm

I doubt any rugby club makes a profit , let alone one with their wage bill

Toloun have had a great run since this guy got involved but historically speaking they are not one of the power houses of French rugby

I suspect they along with teams like the sarries have very creative accountancy records
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 9:37pm

Toloun have had a great run since this guy got involved but historically speaking they are not one of the power houses of French rugby

I suspect they along with teams like the sarries have very creative accountancy records

Some people will just see them as nasty baddies whatever happens I guess.

The truth is, the Scarlets have exactly the same operating model.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 10:37am

Some people will just see them as nasty baddies whatever happens I guess.

The truth is, the Scarlets have exactly the same operating model.

I'm not saying they are the bad guys, I have no strong feelings on them either way tbh.

I'm just saying with their wage bill no way they are operating at a profit unless they are being bankrolled by sugar daddys.

I agree our operating model also relies on benefactors but the majority of our side are home grown through feeder clubs and academy sides, they seem to in for the finished article from elsewhere.

Antietam1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Antietam1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 1:14pm
Byrne and Carbery are not going to Ulster, Byrne's younger brother is a good prospect also Frawley and others so somethings got to give
They will have about 9 former Leinster players at Ulster by the time Jordy or" Nordy Murphy" and Marty Moore gets there.
We don't have it all our way here in Leinster, while everybody wants to watch the game nobody wants to play it.
You rarely see kids with a rugby ball here, it's all Gaelic football, Hurling and soccer.
Leinster managed to bring in new fans when they were getting thumped every week, and indeed earned the title Ladyboys.
badabing badabook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic