Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 3:02pm
there are a few scarlets fans on twitter who have bit to the message, blues fan just playing devils advocate and waiting for a bite!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 3:23pm
I'm not quite sure who's the butt of the joke there, as they're both staying with the Blues..........
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 3:37pm
think the blues fans were just trying to wind up any scarlet fan who would take the bait. 
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 3:43pm
It's not the best joke when they'll be playing for them though!
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 4:06pm
People have different sense of humour. Just trying to get a bite
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

talk is Rory Thornton and Harri Millard from the Blues....
I think that's a bit of mischief from Cardiff fans.
We're still still here!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 9:41pm
I think the joke is they know how crap our recruitment is looking compared to others, some must be on the forum because they know the rumours some people lap up. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I think the joke is they know how crap our recruitment is looking compared to others, some must be on the forum because they know the rumours some people lap up. 
Our recruitment is crap compared to who exactly? You think signing a top end international player in Tomas Lezana is rubbish? WillGriff John is useless as well?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2021 at 11:55pm
Its not the big flashy backs that we need its the hard working forwards the gems that go under the radar
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Raised By Peregos Raised By Peregos wrote:

What about Huw Jones, released by Glasgow?

Really? Can be absolute quality. Thought he was going to usurp Foxy just a few years ago. Rips defenses to shreds but cant start for Scotland. Now released by Glasgow??? What is not making sense. Salary too high in covid era?
Scarlets before Wales
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

talk is Rory Thornton and Harri Millard from the Blues....
I think that's a bit of mischief from Cardiff fans.

Right. Who can we give them? Dont answer that anyone.
Scarlets before Wales
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 6:19am
We seem to be thinking recruitment is normalized.

I mean by this that there's the usual pot of money to either increase our player spend year on year, or at worst flat spend by exchanging pound for pound against departing players.

I'm not sure what makes people think that.

A quick HC check of outgoing players across the regions and I've come to just under 50. The same HC check of incoming players and I'm struggling to get to double figures, and it's mid June.

That should really tell us something.

Our primary source of income ( WRU allocation ) is not finalized for next season. Who would go out and spend heavily when they don't know their income?

Baffles me really.

Edited by Wil Chips - 09 June 2021 at 6:20am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 6:23am
Maybe we could persuade Sonny Bill to do one more year?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Maybe we could persuade Sonny Bill to do one more year?

I'll pass on that one Wil - we've had enough red cards this season.Wink Agree with your take on squad size and ability to make signings by the way. Regional income has nose dived this season and is still not confirmed for next. All teams in the pro 14 will/have been reducing their squads.

Unfortunately the WRU seem to want to divorce themselves from the financial woes of the regions even though they have had the windfall of CVC income which could have been used to give some degree of normality to the regions. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 9:30am
Take away the wru incredibly harsh attitude to the regions, what sort of  deal did the regions sign up to that allowed this to happen? No guranteed fixed income seems a big risk
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 10:40am
If the WRU are playing funny buggers and not even paying us for the services of the players then surely thats a breach in the contract and that means we dont have to bend over backwards to supply the players to the WRU
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic