Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scottish/Welsh Independence.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

The latest bright idea from the welsh government is paying youngster just come out of care thousands per month to do nothing. 

I wouldn't quite put it that way. These are a vulnerable group of teenagers reaching the age of 18 and needing help to establish themselves in society having been the beneficiaries of less than ideal parental leadership. It is a pilot study and is not endless with a set time limit. I don't know enough about the background but I certainly applaud some outside the box thinking which may/may not prove worthwhile. 

Money and maybe a special job opportunities programme would be better. 

Perhaps this is to help them whilst they get a job & to also help them get a roof over their head. I’d imagine once they start earning the amount of monthly payment they receive will decrease. 
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

[QUOTE=SA14]The latest bright idea from the welsh government is paying youngster just come out of care thousands per month to do nothing. 

I wouldn't quite put it that way. These are a vulnerable group of teenagers reaching the age of 18 and needing help to establish themselves in society having been the beneficiaries of less than ideal parental leadership. It is a pilot study and is not endless with a set time limit. I don't know enough about the background but I certainly applaud some outside the box thinking which may/may not prove worthwhile. 

Money and maybe a special job opportunities programme would be better. 

Perhaps this is to help them whilst they get a job & to also help them get a roof over their head. I’d imagine once they start earning the amount of monthly payment they receive will decrease. 
[/QUOTE)

Worth a trial, however I feel that an incentive must be built in to the scheme. That incentive needs to be related to work and education. Something has to be done to help these youngsters to get their life back in track. 'Teach a man to fish etc'
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 11:28pm
These young people are in care with nothing. Let’s have some compassion and try and give them a structured jump start in life. I hope the trial works. Well done Welsh Government 

Edited by reesytheexile - 16 February 2022 at 11:28pm

Openside75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 11:28pm

The latest bright idea from the welsh government is paying youngster just come out of care thousands per month to do nothing. 

Yep, it's a recipe for disaster. Just continues to keep these most vulnerable and possibly most troubled of young adults institutionalised. Can't just throw money at the problem. Look at Cardiff Airport.........I hope they've learnt good budgeting skills whilst in care. And none have a drug or drink problem. Or now go on and develop one. 

Edited by Openside75 - 16 February 2022 at 11:32pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2022 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Openside75 Openside75 wrote:

Yep, it's a recipe for disaster. Just continues to keep these most vulnerable and possibly most troubled of young adults institutionalised. Can't just throw money at the problem. Look at Cardiff Airport.........I hope they've learnt good budgeting skills whilst in care. And none have a drug or drink problem. Or now go on and develop one. 

Thats a pretty negative response openside. Most of us reach adulthood with the benefit of a family support mechanism to fall back on. These young people have missed out on that to a large extent & the Welsh Govt should be congratulated for seeing them as special cases. The package comes with special financial budgeting support so its not quite a case of here's the money now off you go and party. 

Nobody can predict how successful this trial will be but surely its worth a small trial. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2022 at 9:39am

Thats a pretty negative response openside. Most of us reach adulthood with the benefit of a family support mechanism to fall back on. These young people have missed out on that to a large extent & the Welsh Govt should be congratulated for seeing them as special cases. The package comes with special financial budgeting support so its not quite a case of here's the money now off you go and party. 

Nobody can predict how successful this trial will be but surely its worth a small trial. 

Maybe I’ve seen it differently. It does indeed look like there’s the money do with it as you want. Which bit have I missed?

No doubt if Boris announced this there’s be uproar on here. 

Edited by SA14 - 17 February 2022 at 9:40am
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2022 at 11:02am

Maybe I’ve seen it differently. It does indeed look like there’s the money do with it as you want. Which bit have I missed?

No doubt if Boris announced this there’s be uproar on here. 

Doyou know anything about UBI? That's what this is about.
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2022 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

It's impossible to tell what will happen if Ukraine totally disregards the
Minsk agreements and launches an all out invasion of the Donbas, which will bring in Russian intervention. However this continuous western propaganda preparing us for a full Russian invasion of Ukraine is utter nonsense. However when it doesn't happen you can guess what the western propaganda will turn to- "It was only our firm response and pouring in armaments that prevented it- we won it"

How is this prediction holding up? From 26th Jan. 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2022 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

It's impossible to tell what will happen if Ukraine totally disregards the
Minsk agreements and launches an all out invasion of the Donbas, which will bring in Russian intervention. However this continuous western propaganda preparing us for a full Russian invasion of Ukraine is utter nonsense. However when it doesn't happen you can guess what the western propaganda will turn to- "It was only our firm response and pouring in armaments that prevented it- we won it"

How is this prediction holding up? From 26th Jan. 

good point, dai you dropped the ball on that one, the media and the west were right to highlight the threat in fact they should have done far more to prepare
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2022 at 5:01pm
deleted

Edited by dyniol53 - 24 February 2022 at 5:55pm
Openside75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2022 at 8:40pm
The first casualty of war is the truth. But one things for sure. Be you Russian, Ukrainian, British or American, it's the common people that will hurt. Whatever side you choose. And I'm on the side of the common men and women of Ukraine and Russia caught up in this. 
Exactly what was needed though, a nice boost to the economy post Covid thanks to the military industrial complex. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2022 at 10:18pm

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Had my vaccine yesterday at HQ in Twickers!

15,000 walk ins - was a really impressive set up.

Last time I was there was 2016 6N game... wouldn’t have guessed the next time I’d be back would be for mass vaccination event. 

Good to hear. As long as you don't start support those lot in white... 

He's half-way there. He already thinks we Cymry are too stupid to stupid to govern ourselves.

On the contrary, as of this weekend, Wales officially has the best vaccine rollout in the world. More examples like that from the devolved gov and I’m more than happy to support Independence. 

There's a world of difference between organising a mass vaccine programme & running your own economy & budget. Lots of support I have no doubt in Scotland & Wales for the theory of devolution but in practice I have severe doubts. 

An honest & straightforward question - what would Wales & Scotland do in the event of a hostile act by a foreign power? 

Give us an example of the sort of hostile act by a foreign power that you want to discuss. The Republic of Ireland has been neutral and not in NATO throughout my life and I can't really remember any external aggression against it.

This post from June… I have an example
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2022 at 11:26pm
Perhaps the example that you're thinking of occurred because the said country was determined to be part of a military alliance directed against the other country, was talking of acquiring nuclear weapons, and had already shelled and killed 10,000 residents of one of its regions which wanted, autonomy from the country being increasingly influenced by neo-nazi groups. Other European non Nato countries include Switzerland, Austria, Finland, which manage to exist peacefully and successfully without problem or massive military expenditure.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2022 at 12:36am
Interesting how much those countries spend on personal firearms tho.

Believe the Finns, Swiss and Austrians are all in the top 20 counties for guns owned per person globally. Certainly top 5 in Europe 

Edited by dyniol53 - 04 March 2022 at 12:40am
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2022 at 2:45pm
One thing that goes under the radar is the progress the welsh language is making all over Wales 

I know from speaking to a Catalan friend that minority language campaigners around Europe admire and hold up the campaign to maintain and grow the welsh language in Wales as pioneering.

I’ve said before, but I think if every £ or minute of campaigners time promoting Welsh independence from Westminster was instead focussed on growing use of the Welsh language, Wales will be in a better position culturally in 10 years than it is now. 

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2022 at 2:58pm

One thing that goes under the radar is the progress the welsh language is making all over Wales 

I know from speaking to a Catalan friend that minority language campaigners around Europe admire and hold up the campaign to maintain and grow the welsh language in Wales as pioneering.

I’ve said before, but I think if every £ or minute of campaigners time promoting Welsh independence from Westminster was instead focussed on growing use of the Welsh language, Wales will be in a better position culturally in 10 years than it is now. 

It was great seeing this over the weekend too:- 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic