FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

side for Fiji on sunday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2023 at 11:50am
Confirmed - Caleb Muntz out of the RWC for Fiji. Injured his knee in training. Huge blow for them big boost for us. Rumour mill suggests Gat will go - 
Williams
LRZ
North
Tompkins
Adams
Biggar
Davies

Faletau
Morgan
Wainwright
Beard
Rowlands
Francis
Elias
Thomas

Edited by gaffer - 06 September 2023 at 11:53am
What's going on?
Sponsored Links

ndavies198 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndavies198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by ndavies198 ndavies198 wrote:

For me I'd go Halfpenny at 15 with Liam on the wing - defence is going to be important against Fiji surely. I'd also rather see Henry Thomas start at tighthead over Francis. I really hope we start with Gareth Davies at 9 because for all his talent Tomos Williams is too erratic and against a team like Fiji they could really punish us when he makes a back door pass to nobody.

Halfpenny, LRZ, North, Johnny Williams, Liam, Biggar, Davies, Faletau, Wainwright, Morgan, Rowlands, Jenkins, Henry Thomas, Elias, Nicky Smith

Dyer, Costellow, Williams, Basham, Tschiunza, Gareth Thomas, Dillon Lewis 

Bad news for Fiji this morning with Caleb Muntz ruled out of the tournament - feels like a player who epitomised this new era of Fiji so it's a big shame for him to miss the whole thing.

Realising there's no centre cover so I would have to put either Adams or Grady on the bench instead of Dyer. It's tough as neither have really put their hand up through the Six Nations and Summer Series so it's toss up between Adam's reputation or Grady's potential for that one...

Edited by ndavies198 - 06 September 2023 at 10:46am
ndavies198 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndavies198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2023 at 10:34am
For me I'd go Halfpenny at 15 with Liam on the wing - defence is going to be important against Fiji surely. I'd also rather see Henry Thomas start at tighthead over Francis. I really hope we start with Gareth Davies at 9 because for all his talent Tomos Williams is too erratic and against a team like Fiji they could really punish us when he makes a back door pass to nobody.

Halfpenny, LRZ, North, Johnny Williams, Liam, Biggar, Davies, Faletau, Wainwright, Morgan, Rowlands, Jenkins, Henry Thomas, Elias, Nicky Smith

Dyer, Costellow, Williams, Basham, Tschiunza, Gareth Thomas, Dillon Lewis 

Bad news for Fiji this morning with Caleb Muntz ruled out of the tournament - feels like a player who epitomised this new era of Fiji so it's a big shame for him to miss the whole thing.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2023 at 8:02am
Lake to start for me if fit. beatd will also start if we like iit or notWink

Edited by RR1972 - 06 September 2023 at 8:02am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2023 at 6:57am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Lets get in to mood for Fridays team announcement by selecting the side to face the Fijians..or /and selecting the side you think Gatland will pick.
The bulk of the side does pick itself, but there are a number of close calls
mainly at inside centre, inside half, tight head, hooker.

my side....
Sanjay, LZR, North, Williams, Adams, Biggar, Cawdor, Thomas, Elias, Francis, Rowlands, Jenkins, wainwright, Falateau, Morgan (capt).

Grady, Costelow, Williams, Smith, Lane, Thomas, beard Basham

(not enthusiastic about Beard, but limited options)

Regarding Gatland. he favours Tomos Williams and Tomkins, also lane and Lydiate

Will be interesting to hear peoples views

Interesting exercise Pimp. Can see the merit of all your back selections but would raise one point. Adams so far has not impressed & everyone is bigging up the attributes of pace and size that Grady possesses so I have a feeling that he may play on the wing. Personally I think Joe Roberts is a better 13 than either Grady or North but whoever plays in the middle of the field is going to have their work cut out. 

On to the forwards - again Gatland talks about mobility being one of the reasons for not including Wyn Jones so does that not also apply to Francis? Sticking with the front row isn't it a risk playing two hookers in the 23 who have been long term injured? In addition Fiji's lineout appears to be their weakness so for me Elliot Dee to start alongside both Thomas props & Wainwright on the bench to cover Faletau with Tschiunza at 6 giving us better lineout options. 
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2023 at 1:01am
Lets get in to mood for Fridays team announcement by selecting the side to face the Fijians..or /and selecting the side you think Gatland will pick.
The bulk of the side does pick itself, but there are a number of close calls
mainly at inside centre, inside half, tight head, hooker.

my side....
Sanjay, LZR, North, Williams, Adams, Biggar, Cawdor, Thomas, Elias, Francis, Rowlands, Jenkins, wainwright, Falateau, Morgan (capt).

Grady, Costelow, Williams, Smith, Lane, Thomas, beard Basham

(not enthusiastic about Beard, but limited options)

Regarding Gatland. he favours Tomos Williams and Tomkins, also lane and Lydiate

Will be interesting to hear peoples views
I stood yer on tanner bank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic