Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some Statistical Analysis on Attendance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Based on 2018/19 sales, and the upcoming KO times we would do well to have:

8,500 for Munster. Sunday 10th Oct, 2pm

Id be shocked if we had more than 7000 for Munster sunday. Looking at the online sales it seems to be very slow. The game isnt publicised very well in my opinion by the Scarlets , they should be out there pushing it

Interesting, we had 8,000 vs Munster last time. That was a Saturday in March. 

Maybe, given it’s a Sunday, we’ll be in the 7,000s. But I’m forecasting just north of 8k as I think we’ve got a bit of momentum from that win last week, new regime playing positive rugby and if the weather it nice there will be a few walk ups.

Remember 7,824 turned up vs an opposition no one has heard of last Fri, whereas there’s a little history with Munster.

Edited by dyniol53 - 04 October 2021 at 4:00pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Twitter has been awful this weekend (if you’re not on it, don’t do it to yourself).

Everyone from Lee Jarvis to the Valleys Rugby brigade poking fun at the Scarlets and Ospreys attendances, and ex journos like Delme Parfitt saying he turned off the Scarlets game as it was so boring.

Really is tiresome seeing so many knock the pro game in Wales, yes I realise the competition is far from ideal, yes I understand we all want an Anglo Welsh league, but it is what it is and I wish people would get behind our teams.

I won’t knock those who stay away due to the pandemic or have money worries etc, that’s totally understandable, but some of the excuses I’ve read about not going to games lead me to believe that in general, Welsh rugby fans are just complete tight arses who want something for nothing. Saw one guy moaning it was too expensive to take his kids to an Ospreys game…….their season tickets are £25 for under 25’s, so he clearly hadn’t even looked at the ticket prices.

I really do fear for the Welsh game. Attitudes need to change towards our pro teams.
Delme was the chief Roger Lewis sycophant. A football fan who knows very little about rugby. No further comment required
Jarvis is a complete and utter troll. He knows exactly how to wind up the few Ponty fans that follow him and he clearly loves to incite a pile on. Very sad

Their opinions are devoid of fact and context.

But it is expensive. ST for me and Mrs Wasp = £400. That's a lot of money.

Stand tickets for Friday were £22, or £31 between the 22s.

So 2 adults and 2 kids, over £50+ Travel and at least some food and drink at least £70?
That's a lot of money when the minimum wage is £8.91

It's not an easy problem to solve, but we have a very good board, a great stadium and a pretty decent squad. If Dwayne can get the best out of them, we could have a decent season and start to grow our following

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2021 at 10:31pm

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Based on 2018/19 sales, and the upcoming KO times we would do well to have:

8,500 for Munster. Sunday 10th Oct, 2pm

Id be shocked if we had more than 7000 for Munster sunday. Looking at the online sales it seems to be very slow. The game isnt publicised very well in my opinion by the Scarlets , they should be out there pushing it

Interesting, we had 8,000 vs Munster last time. That was a Saturday in March. 

Maybe, given it’s a Sunday, we’ll be in the 7,000s. But I’m forecasting just north of 8k as I think we’ve got a bit of momentum from that win last week, new regime playing positive rugby and if the weather it nice there will be a few walk ups.

Remember 7,824 turned up vs an opposition no one has heard of last Fri, whereas there’s a little history with Munster.
I'd be surprised if we get 7000 on Sunday.
  • How many of the 7824 actually turned up?
  • How many tickets were issued free to NHS?
  • How many people are still worried about Covid and crowds?
I'll be there, and I really hope we get a good crowd
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Bring two inflatable companions - put one to the left and one on the right - it’ll look like a full stadium and you might even get on Tele! 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 10:11pm

6,336 in the end. Not the only prediction I got wrong about today.

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2021 at 11:41pm
6,074 for today’s game v Benneton. Source 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 10:58am

that will include season ticket holders who didn’t turn up for the game. 4 next to us come from Monmouth way so not great on a Friday night I assume . Other seats around likewise. Don’t know why. The weather was excellent! 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

that will include season ticket holders who didn’t turn up for the game. 4 next to us come from Monmouth way so not great on a Friday night I assume . Other seats around likewise. Don’t know why. The weather was excellent! 
It was a lovely Autumn night, but it's late and a lot of people have to travel for a long time. The block around me is 90% ST holders, virtually impossible to buy 2 seats together except for the front rows. Last night, it was probably 50-60% full at most.

And having such a pooshow on our last home performance will have put a lot of people off too
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 11:12am

I bought my season ticket but will probably only turn up for afternoon games.  Can't see the play when it's on the far side of the pitch under the lights and have to watch the big screen for replays or ask others what happened!  Also I am at an age when I have driving at night.
However I can see perfectly well on the telly at home and don't get wet and cold.  Afraid it catches up with all of us before we realise it.
Keep the faith
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 11:46am

It was a lovely Autumn night, but it's late and a lot of people have to travel for a long time. The block around me is 90% ST holders, virtually impossible to buy 2 seats together except for the front rows. Last night, it was probably 50-60% full at most.

And having such a pooshow on our last home performance will have put a lot of people off too
Needing a COVID pass probably knocked a bit off too. I can imagine quite a few people gave up in a huff when trying to sort it out on their phones. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 12:14pm
Is it just me struggling a bit as an oldie or do you think that the floodlights at the ground aren’t that great now ? Too many dark/ shadowy areas. 
WynnWill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WynnWill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 12:45pm

Is it just me struggling a bit as an oldie or do you think that the floodlights at the ground aren’t that great now ? Too many dark/ shadowy areas. 

Yeah you are correct. We were at the game last night and my mates commented about it, especially in the corners.
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 2:07pm
I thought it was me I really struggled with the lights last night
west is best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic