Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Squad for Season.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 10:45am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Cant see Will Boyde listed Wink
Why would it be? Confused
The website has been updated quite a few times since he left…….
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 2:40pm
Given the season is starting a little later, am I right in assuming we should have all our internationals available for the first game of the season? All of our internationals, bar Hardy, Elias & Sebastian, have hardly played this summer - the majority haven't played at all.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 9:23pm
I don't think Sebastian has played more than 30 minutes or so in total in Argentina so should be bursting for a game.
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 11:25pm
Lezana make the pumas squad vs scotlNd? He should be good to
Go to. Id expect the welsh 23  boys to miss a few weeks but cawdor jonny w  and patch got no game time at all

Edited by RR1972 - 18 July 2022 at 11:27pm
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 10:09am
That’s really unfair on them and really annoying from a club point of view.  They could have stayed home, got a good pre season and be ready for the opening league match.  Now they will return late to the club and will probably have to sit out the opening 2 rounds of games for no really good reason.
If you take x amount of players on a tour to the Southern Hemisphere you should play them (even if it’s just for 10 minutes in one of the tests).
If you think of someone like Ratty at the blues - he’s in a similar situation but he’s returned home and he’s still uncapped (that’s really unfair).
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 10:17am
Where are we on long term injuries? Ken, Samson and Leigh? KO & LH getting closer? Lee longer? Carwyn T?

Only Elias, Hardy and Wyn really had game time with Wales. Sam Lousi with Tonga, Lezzana dint feature much did he? Javan game time limited. Patchell, Johnny Williams, Gareth Davies and Harri O Connor nothing... 

We should be able to hit September with a pretty strong availability? 

15 J Mac, 14 Rogers, 13 Fox, 12 Scott, 11 Conbeer, 10 Sam Costelow,, Cawdor, Steff Thomas, Shaun Evans, Java/WGJ, 4 Lousi, 5 Fifita, 6 Blae/Aaron, 7 Josh/Lezana, 8 Kalamafoni 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

That’s really unfair on them and really annoying from a club point of view.  They could have stayed home, got a good pre season and be ready for the opening league match.  Now they will return late to the club and will probably have to sit out the opening 2 rounds of games for no really good reason.
If you take x amount of players on a tour to the Southern Hemisphere you should play them (even if it’s just for 10 minutes in one of the tests).
If you think of someone like Ratty at the blues - he’s in a similar situation but he’s returned home and he’s still uncapped (that’s really unfair).
Can’t agree with this sorry. We’re talking about test match rugby, not under 12s. The coach should do what’s best for the team, not make sure every player plays (obviously they’re not mutually exclusive, but the priority has to be on the first). While I have sympathy for Ratty and any other players who traveled but didn’t play, that’s sometimes how the luck falls. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 1:24pm
I agree that caps shouldn't be handed out just because you've been selected in the touring party, however I do think we need to have a match against someone whether its an all stars or the South African sides or something. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I agree that caps shouldn't be handed out just because you've been selected in the touring party, however I do think we need to have a match against someone whether its an all stars or the South African sides or something. 

Ireland fitted in two mid week games enabling everyone to play in at least two games.
Ireland are miles ahead of us in organisation, professionalism, coaching and of course performance on the pitch.
Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Ireland fitted in two mid week games enabling everyone to play in at least two games.
Ireland are miles ahead of us in organisation, professionalism, coaching and of course performance on the pitch.

Agreed, it would have been a big ask for a tackle bag holder to come in & start an international test match when they have had little to no game time for 6 weeks....
RFC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 4:08pm

They're interviewing for a new head of marketing & technology so hopefully these things will improve over time....

Anyone on here applied? 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by RFC RFC wrote:

They're interviewing for a new head of marketing & technology so hopefully these things will improve over time....

Anyone on here applied? 

I've applied .Got plenty of ideas to break the mould and shake a few people out of their comfort zones..Wink

Head of marketing & technology ffs.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by RFC RFC wrote:

Anyone on here applied? 
Copy and paste for me was watching mam do the wall papering when we bought our house LOLLOLLOL
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 9:49am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Cant see Will Boyde listed Wink
Why would it be? Confused

It was tongue in cheek, cant believe we wouldnt consider him a good squad addition in a very attritional area. 5 weeks in with backrowers out injured, we will rue not signing him imho
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 9:53am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Totally agree and I said the same elsewhere. I was told its because the SA teams were unavailable, im guessing they didnt want to risk anything ahead of the rugby championship. Massive shame though
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Lezana make the pumas squad vs scotlNd? He should be good to
Go to. Id expect the welsh 23  boys to miss a few weeks but cawdor jonny w  and patch got no game time at all
While rest is very important to try and stop burn out, if the URC isnt starting until late Septermber, thats already 8 weeks. Do they really need 10+? Only Hardy and Elias really need extra, Wyn barely played and the others didnt touch a ball
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic