Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Cooper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Cooper
    Posted: 22 July 2021 at 12:52am
So Steve Cooper has left the swans with 12 months left on his contract.
As someone who follows the round ball as well as Rugby and takes a great interest in all the Welsh league sides, I have to say that I’m disappointed but not really surprised by the decision.  cooper has managed to get a team that has been stripped of all of it’s assets (by it’s American owners) to make the playoffs in the last 2 seasons, in what is often described as a much harder league than the premier league.
I really do fear for the swans for the coming season, they have to find a new manager in the next 2 weeks, they have already lost a lot of last seasons squad (mostly loan players who Cooper was responsible for finding) and look set to sell at least another 3 including their captain (Matt Grimes and Wales star Conor Roberts), with. The owners unlikely to want to spend any of the money made from the sale of these 3 players.
If I was a football manager I wouldn’t want to touch the job with a barge pole as your expected to work miracles with no investment and then see anyone who stars in your team sold off by the Americans (who then appear to pocket to money themselves instead of reinvesting in the squad).
Sponsored Links

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2021 at 7:22pm
Could be new manager by weekend already in talks with a candidate 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic