Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SWALEC 6th Round

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWALEC 6th Round
    Posted: 26 January 2009 at 2:38pm
Good draw at home v Cardiff.  Hope we can generate a good crowd. The Club should start adverting the game now to gain maximum exposure. 
Is that land I see on the horizon, it must be Menorca
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 2:39pm
What date is it Admiral?
number10 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 3:01pm
21st Feb....same day as Scarlets v Leinster......I think with the drop off of attendances they should consider playing Llanelli RFC V Cardiff RFC as a curtain raiser for the Scarlets. It makes financial sense to me not to cover the running costs of 2 games on 2 days.
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by number10 number10 wrote:

21st Feb....same day as Scarlets v Leinster......I think with the drop off of attendances they should consider playing Llanelli RFC V Cardiff RFC as a curtain raiser for the Scarlets. It makes financial sense to me not to cover the running costs of 2 games on 2 days.

Thanks, Number 10, I was jusr about to post the reply to Kid A
jonesb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 5:01pm
Where did you hear about that? Do you know details of any other draws?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by jonesb jonesb wrote:

Where did you hear about that? Do you know details of any other draws?

Carm Quins v Neath
Aberavon v Llantwit Major
Tonmawr v Glam Wand.
Cross Keys v Pontypridd
Caerphilly v Rumney
Ebbw Vale v Swansea
Newport v llandovery.
Llanelli v Cardiff

Jonesb, On the Evening Post Web Site
jonesb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 5:51pm
Great, some cracking draws, thanks for that!
number10 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 6:51pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 9:55pm
Saw the league fixture against Cardiff. Based on that performance this tie is very winnable.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 12:17am
Wonder if Quins could pull off a shock, that would make the route to the final easier!

Ponty worry me, they seem to have the hoodoo on us.

We'd have to expect a better performance from Cardiff than the last game, they cant play that badly again!
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
number10 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 11:38am
Ponty beat us last year at stradey when we had 18 players unavilable. Cardiff are one of the form sides at the mo, agree they won't play as badly in the cup. Quins can beat Neath in a one off situation
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 3:10pm
I don't think we will have too much of a problem against Cardiff, I am more concerned who we will get in the next round.  Now that's confidence for you, you have to admit we are playing a great Rugby this season  Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up
The boys are a pleasure to watch
number10 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 3:15pm
Form will dip one day,lets hope its not in the cup.....14 times winners sounds good
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic