Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swansea City Trust Recruitment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swansea City Trust Recruitment.
    Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:33am
 I've sent scanned copies of The Swans' Trust application form to our e-mail account. Have a look and see what you think.
Sponsored Links

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:15am

I don't think it's that bad. They've done a good job in selling the concept, although how many people will join is another matter. The layout is a little simplistic but I suppose glossy leaflets cost a lot of money.

There will be a huge "that's for someone else but not for me" element with the Scarlets - but I like the idea of a meet the players event.

A few years ago the club knocked out signed photos for 50p each (they were photoprints of signed photos). Do they still do this? An idea would be for the junior members to nominate a player and we could send them a proper signed photo. I'm sure that players wouldn't mind signing a few photos (I expect that Dwayne and Stephen would be busier than most. Imagine poor Billy No-mates like Phil John!!) if we can get hold of them through the club. 

We could steal a few ideas from their list (can't see SG allowing a Question and Answer evening unless we do extremely well on the pitch). Open day at the new stadium - be amongst the first to see the stadium? Player of the month awards etc.

Taffscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 9:50am

They've done a good job of advertising themselves through the media as well:

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=161 389&command=displayContent&sourceNode=161372&con tentPK=14605918&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=s ideb****arch

One selling point they've got but we can't really capitalise upon is the opportunity to buy tickets for big games before the general public.Loads of 'joe publics' has hassle buying tickets for the play off final - the message is, for as little as a £5 membership fee you can have prioity over 'joe public'. As a fair weather Swans fan, I might fall for it myself!

Daw dydd y bydd mawr y rhai bychain

Daw dydd ni bydd mwy y rhai mawr.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic