Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for 2nd test.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 10:53am
OK - dull defensive rugby for 95% of the time but we won, at a time when our confidence was at a very low ebb. At the end of the game, they were playing "Yma o hyd" and singing Calon Lan in the pub where I watched the game. A victory, any sort of victory, really does change the mood. Hardly anyone expected Anscombe to succeed with the conversion and it almost looked as if there was divine intervention - about time too!!!
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 11:06am
Anscombe must start next week Biggar very poor yesterday. Wales must use George more he looks lost at moment. 
Word or Elias he has been pilloried for his throwing not only has he seemed to have sorted this out he does the hard nasty work so well and is all over park. Lake is good prospect but his throwing is very poor three not straights in less than 30 mins is school boy stuff. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 11:18am
Lake has been really good lately but he was really poor yday. Liam needs to cut out the miracle off loads to, all the pack did well elias v good fronted up to the boks all game

Edited by RR1972 - 10 July 2022 at 11:20am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 12:10pm
I think Ken is going to struggle to get in our best 23 when he returns. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

What’s been said about when/if he is going to be available for selection?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 12:26pm
Hoping to play this year wasn’t it? Elias needs to be our number 1 going forward now
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I think I read somewhere estimating October/November. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 12:32pm

Will he return ? I do wonder ☹️

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 12:35pm
Its a bad injury for a player of his age i share your worries
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 12:36pm
Thanks folks. Hope he does regain full fitness and then we will see how that all evolves.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Will he return ? I do wonder ☹️

If he does it’ll be based on who he is. He’s had his day and served wales well just like Foxy. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 4:44pm
I thought it was a gutsy display yesterday. Don’t think we deserved to win but last week I thought we did so I guess it evens itself out.

Also that AWJ yellow was ridiculous so I’m glad we were spared of that excuse.

Balls in Neinaaber’s court for his selection next week, does he revert back to the side that played the 1st test or does he mix in the guys who played yesterday..?

Looks like injuries are catching up with Wales a bit with Biggar, Cuthbert limping off and the lack of depth at tight-head.

If I were Pivac I’d be keeping things much the same. With two temptations.

AWJ starts with Beard on bench. Beard is now our 1st choice lock imo because of his maul defence, and AWJ has had a howling 2 tests off the bench so let’s see if he’s still up to it. Hasn’t played much with Rowland so it would be good to start building that combination in case Beard gets injured.

Watkin for North and North to the wing. Looks like Adams and Cuthbert are injured to me. If either are  fit they start but this is another combination that Wales might need in next 18 months.

Back row looks good keep it going.

Edited by dyniol53 - 10 July 2022 at 4:45pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 4:52pm
Also you can tell Dan Lydiate is a farmer because he tackles springboks like they’re sheep trying to jump a fence 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 5:21pm
Elias has come on leaps and bounds. Such a hard player in the loose. He and Lake are great hooker options to play and compete with.
Coch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2022 at 8:40pm
Looks like Dillon is out and Wainwright will start, so I think Pivac will put Elias and Wyn with him to stabilize the scrum. Also looks like Anscome will start. Hope Patchell gets some game time.
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2022 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

OK - dull defensive rugby for 95% of the time but we won, at a time when our confidence was at a very low ebb. At the end of the game, they were playing "Yma o hyd" and singing Calon Lan in the pub where I watched the game. A victory, any sort of victory, really does change the mood. Hardly anyone expected Anscombe to succeed with the conversion and it almost looked as if there was divine intervention - about time too!!!

Agree Dai, a win is a win!. How many times have Wales lost games, particularly to southern hemisphere sides in the last few minutes.. so nice to see a bit of "levelling off" !..LOL

This may not have been Boks first choice team, but they have strength in depth we don't have, as our  league proved in the latter stages ,last season! This therefore was a great effort from Wales
Something tells me though, that we will need a lot more than defensive stubbornness to clinch the series.
We are going to have to create more, and ask a few questions of them throughout the game.
I agree with what's been already said, Anscombe is key to the above, and orchestrates far more of a positive game plan.

Finally a word for Pivac. He has his critics on here,  and its relentless at times.
Personally, despite respecting everyone's views, I feel he's been viewed harshly.
Don't forget...
1) He delivered success for Scarlets in 2017/18..after many barren years.
2)Was 2 mins away from winning grand slam ,in his first year in charge
3) Beat Aussies and ran SA close in autumn int
4) Now the 1st welsh coach to win in SA

Yes 6n was disappointing, but we had a raft of injuries to key players prior and during tournament, including losing experienced players like Jake Ball and Hill.
Everyone agrees the performance against the Italians was unacceptable, but its a game we could could have won (undeservingly), by closing it out properly.

Pivac does not have the best resources & player depth available to him, even compared with French English ,Irish. Gatland however, made the most of what he had, by employing a limited game plan, with the best defence coach in the world, at his side.
Pivac needs to wrestle with this conundrum, and try to create a little more depth prior to world cup
Not easy, but I do feel he needs a break, and people need to just get off his back for a WHILE.

Look, he's made mistakes, all coaches make mistakes, WE all make mistakes. Its a case of learning and moving on I feel. He's had the foresight to bring in Reffell, and bring back Liddiate. Both proving huge successes.
Whatever happens next week, Wales have proved they are moving forward. Still a lot to build in to our game, but as long as we are building and unearthing new talent to give greater depth, that's progress !

I stood yer on tanner bank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic