Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Argentina announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by SVD SVD wrote:

Apologies for a dim question, but I avoided sports’ news during the latter stages of the Euros and am now on catch up. Is our Puma injured? I was hoping to see him v Wales (maybe just as well he wasn’t there, it was bad enough as it was).
Yes but he will be fit for the start of pre-season.

Given our medical teams track record I won’t hold my breath. 
Did you miss the appointment of a world class head of physical performance?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by SVD SVD wrote:

Apologies for a dim question, but I avoided sports’ news during the latter stages of the Euros and am now on catch up. Is our Puma injured? I was hoping to see him v Wales (maybe just as well he wasn’t there, it was bad enough as it was).
Yes but he will be fit for the start of pre-season.

Given our medical teams track record I won’t hold my breath. 
Come on SA - chin chin 😉👍

Given that SA's glass is always a lot more than half empty - it may hold a few dregs of hope - he won't have much to sup with!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 1:24pm
Agree that Jac Morgan should have been involved - a baffling omission. Tom Rogers had a difficult day, but he's only starting - he has the talent to be a major player in future. 

Others looked well below test level, despite having been around the block a few times. Wales's strength in depth looks pretty poor - unless a lot of previously top-class players can make effective come-backs from injury (especially some Scarlets)... I'm going to open a thread on that. Let's hope they can do a 'Mark Cavendish', and rise again!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
dyniol53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 4:43pm
There are 10 on Lions duty and Argentina are no mugs.

Think we’re being a bit harsh but I do get it, the games were both immensely frustrating. 

I also just think it’s really hard to judge backs when their forwards aren’t getting any momentum, likewise it’s tough to judge any individual forwards when the others around them aren’t giving them much go forward.

To think we’ve lost our top 4 second rows in AWJ, Beard, Ball and Hill which means things like the scrum and lineout just weren’t secure. 

But there are worries yes as before these games I thought it looked a really good squad on paper but was shown to be a distance off Argies. 

Navidi would’ve made a difference IMO.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2021 at 9:39am
You can't get away from or indeed excuse top level players not being able to give or take a pass - its pretty basic stuff. They were dire from minute one. Losing to Argentina in those availability circumstances is perfectly acceptable but to look so clueless and amateurish is pretty unforgivable. I am pretty sure the coaching team will be unimpressed. 

I can't think of one young guy who made a big enough impression to claim a squad place in the Autumn - Gareth Thomas is the nearest I can think of. For me the likes of Smith, Dee, Lewis, Botham, Sheedy, Evans, Amos are not International standard. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2021 at 11:14am
I’ve wavered up and down about Sheedy. Was not convinced at all in the Autumn, then thought he did well in 6 nations and then looked poor in these games.

My opinion of Jarrod Evans is if he was playing in England (Bristol, say) the hype would be phenomenal from the English media. 

But his kicking is far off international standard. 

I think Dee has proven he’s useful off the bench - but when Ken keels over Wales (and we) have an issue
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2021 at 4:09pm
I don’t get Dee. No physicality or carrying. Elias isn’t good with the darts, but he at least gives it a go in the loose.

No surprise our pack got taken apart when 5/8 are part of the worst club pack in Wales, being blunt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic