Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Foxy will continue to get picked based on reputation when there are players who deserve to be there ahead of him. 
Clap
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I make a few assumptions as to fitness with Josh & Louisi possibly back & Scott probably out.

15. Johnny 14. Rogers 13. Tyler 12. Johnny Williams 11. Conbeer 10. Costelow 9. Cawdor
1. Rob 2. Marc Jones 3. Samson 4. Louisi 5. Morgan Jones 6. Aaron 7. Josh 8. Sione

16. Daf Hughes 17. Wyn 18. WGJ 19. Jac Price/Tom Price 20. Blade 21. Blacker 22. AOB 23. Ioan. 

I have absolutely no expectation of any positive result but if the likes of Steff, Ken, Elias & Foxy keep getting selected when they have played so badly then players in the wider squad will be left to question what they have to do to get an opportunity. 

If Scott can see normally through both eyes he is available, as would be any player in the same circumstance.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 7:04pm

Foxy will continue to get picked based on reputation when there are players who deserve to be there ahead of him. 

Who would you suggest is more deserving?
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Picking on form Tyler went well against the Tigers. Foxy has lost his pace, which is understandable considering his age and injuries. Baldwin imo is a 13.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 8:39pm
15 jonny mac
14 rogers
13 baldwin
12 jonny w
11 conbeer
10 costellow
9 hardy
1 wyn
2 undecided
3 wgj
4 lousi if fit otherwise j price
5 jones
6 lezana if fit otherwise blade
7 josh if fit otherwise s evans
8 sioni if fit othetwise who knows

16 ken/the youngster in u20s
17 rob
18 samson
19 t price
20 shingler
21 cawdor
22 dan
23 tyler
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 9:22pm

Steff or Baldwin. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:47pm
I think that we also need to accept that Munster outcoached our coaches as well and their game plan worked perhaps aided by some tolerant refereeing about Munsters blitz defence being offside at times and seemingly not complained about by Jon Davies 🤔
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 11:17pm
We missed 21 tackles including at least 2 for direct tries, and got turned over on the deck what 6 times?

Yes their blitz was offside on occasion but we got almost everything wrong. Passive defence at times, poor kicks, wild passes. It was a horror show.

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 7:48am

Curently Wil I would pick Scott at 13 if he was fit & OK. I would also have him as captain. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

I make a few assumptions as to fitness with Josh & Louisi possibly back & Scott probably out.

15. Johnny 14. Rogers 13. Tyler 12. Johnny Williams 11. Conbeer 10. Costelow 9. Cawdor
1. Rob 2. Marc Jones 3. Samson 4. Louisi 5. Morgan Jones 6. Aaron 7. Josh 8. Sione

16. Daf Hughes 17. Wyn 18. WGJ 19. Jac Price/Tom Price 20. Blade 21. Blacker 22. AOB 23. Ioan. 

I have absolutely no expectation of any positive result but if the likes of Steff, Ken, Elias & Foxy keep getting selected when they have played so badly then players in the wider squad will be left to question what they have to do to get an opportunity. 

I think we've got to stick with Ken. He's a true professional and will be deeply hurt by his and the Scarlets performance on Sunday. I'm not so sure about Tyler as his defence during the Sale debacle was pretty poor. Is Baldwin fit to play at outside centre? Other than that I can't fault your selection.

Ken would have been deeply hurt quite a few times in recent years,wouldn't he?

It appears a taboo subject on here but Ken has been living off his reputation for a while. He was terrible on Sunday and was nowhere to be seen during that calamity against Sale when leadership went AWOL. I repeat it should not be Dwayne's job to get players ready for the Welsh camp. His sole task should be to prepare the Scarlets team. Play badly - lose the shirt - it really is that simple. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 8:23am
That is ridiculous Ken has always given his all for the Scarlets and the poor games he has had for us you could count on one hand.Are you really questioning his commitment to the club sad if so.  
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 8:36am
I really believe that a lot of people on here are suffering fom a variant of Santa syndrome.There is no Father Christmas!!Players Get Old!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

That is ridiculous Ken has always given his all for the Scarlets and the poor games he has had for us you could count on one hand.Are you really questioning his commitment to the club sad if so.  

As I said a taboo subject. I could give you around a dozen games in the past few seasons where our on field leadership, when under pressure, failed abysmally. I would never question Ken's love for or indeed commitment to the Scarlets but the evidence of performance is staring us all in the eyes. Scott Quinnell & Benny are huge past servants of the club but they are probably not worthy of the shirt at the moment. 

There are far too many high profile players in our squad who fail to turn up with the necessary mind set to justify their excellent salaries. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 9:00am

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

As I said a taboo subject. I could give you around a dozen games in the past few seasons where our on field leadership, when under pressure, failed abysmally. I would never question Ken's love for or indeed commitment to the Scarlets but the evidence of performance is staring us all in the eyes. Scott Quinnell & Benny are huge past servants of the club but they are probably not worthy of the shirt at the moment. 

There are far too many high profile players in our squad who fail to turn up with the necessary mind set to justify their excellent salaries. 

I don't really know if our internationals have a different mindset for Scarlets or Wales games but Wales are a better team than the Scarlets, play in bigger games and there is more competition to start (let's face it). The quality of opposition is much higher though. I hope the central contracting hasn't impacted week to week club commitment in favour of the "main employer". Playing for Wales should be the aim for all welsh players in my view and we should be selecting the ones playing the best for their clubs.

Compared to Wales, we almost never have superiority at the breakdown and I think us wanting a "beast of a second row" has been a conversation since I joined this forum in 2005. Hard for players to look as good in such a situation but it shouldn't be taboo to say certain players are underperforming for us, even if they are legends etc. The lack of competition means that they can retain their places so will have to play through their loss of form but without that forward platform it's very challenging. Our current back five is one of the weakest for some time and that's not lack of effort from them, just a poor fit of players. All those errors and missed tackles are different and that must be concentration, preparation or coaching. This is a long term problem, it's not just rust at the start of the season.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 9:04am
Sooner Lezana is ready the better, need a presence at 7 we havent had that for a while. Hopefully Josh is working his way back to fitness too.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Not seen much of Daf Hughes but his throwing in was terrible when he was given a shout last season.Marc Jones doesn't offer much and is a journeyman,frankly.Get Davies back from Newport-at least he can throw in.

Well Dic we need a reaction and quickly. How many more times do we keep picking guys who have been way off the pace. Daf may well have been poor last season but coaches are employed to improve players. Who is to say that he will be poor now? Ryan has had his chance at the moment time to give someone else an opportunity. I share your thoughts by the way on Taylor Davies - he looks like a decent footballer to me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic