Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for Leinster
    Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:14am
I make a few assumptions as to fitness with Josh & Louisi possibly back & Scott probably out.

15. Johnny 14. Rogers 13. Tyler 12. Johnny Williams 11. Conbeer 10. Costelow 9. Cawdor
1. Rob 2. Marc Jones 3. Samson 4. Louisi 5. Morgan Jones 6. Aaron 7. Josh 8. Sione

16. Daf Hughes 17. Wyn 18. WGJ 19. Jac Price/Tom Price 20. Blade 21. Blacker 22. AOB 23. Ioan. 

I have absolutely no expectation of any positive result but if the likes of Steff, Ken, Elias & Foxy keep getting selected when they have played so badly then players in the wider squad will be left to question what they have to do to get an opportunity. 

Sponsored Links

thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I make a few assumptions as to fitness with Josh & Louisi possibly back & Scott probably out.

15. Johnny 14. Rogers 13. Tyler 12. Johnny Williams 11. Conbeer 10. Costelow 9. Cawdor
1. Rob 2. Marc Jones 3. Samson 4. Louisi 5. Morgan Jones 6. Aaron 7. Josh 8. Sione

16. Daf Hughes 17. Wyn 18. WGJ 19. Jac Price/Tom Price 20. Blade 21. Blacker 22. AOB 23. Ioan. 

I have absolutely no expectation of any positive result but if the likes of Steff, Ken, Elias & Foxy keep getting selected when they have played so badly then players in the wider squad will be left to question what they have to do to get an opportunity. 

Imo this is a good selection. A few of our senior players e.g foxy and steff were way off the pace of the game. They would be exposed against Leinster. Totally agree on Tyler and Conbeer.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 10:31am
Not seen much of Daf Hughes but his throwing in was terrible when he was given a shout last season.Marc Jones doesn't offer much and is a journeyman,frankly.Get Davies back from Newport-at least he can throw in.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 11:24am

Im not denying that alot of players were out of form yesterday but Steff and Foxy have played decent so far this season, one bad game when everyone had a poor game not just those 3 players doesnt really justify the drop, Steffs defensive weaknesses and weakness under the high ball however may be targetted if he was to play so possibly a bench appearance for him and a start for Conbeer may be justified. Id like to se Foxy and Johnny in the centre though and Marc Jones is an able replacement so if he was to start that wouldnt be an awful thing but that was Kens first game of the season yesterday, they are off to Wales after Saturday and they need to be involved with us
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 12:04pm

I think we've got to stick with Ken. He's a true professional and will be deeply hurt by his and the Scarlets performance on Sunday. I'm not so sure about Tyler as his defence during the Sale debacle was pretty poor. Is Baldwin fit to play at outside centre? Other than that I can't fault your selection.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

I think we've got to stick with Ken. He's a true professional and will be deeply hurt by his and the Scarlets performance on Sunday. I'm not so sure about Tyler as his defence during the Sale debacle was pretty poor. Is Baldwin fit to play at outside centre? Other than that I can't fault your selection.

Ken would have been deeply hurt quite a few times in recent years,wouldn't he?
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 12:23pm
15. Johnny Mac 14. Rogers 13. Baldwin 12. Johnny Williams 11. Conbeer 10. Costelow 9. Blacker
1. Rob 2. Booth 3. Samson 4. Louisi 5. Jac Price 6. Aaron 7. Lezzana 8. Sione
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 12:34pm
I'd find room for Steff Hughes and make him captain.
Keep the faith
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:13pm
How is Scott?
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

How is Scott?
He seems to have had so many cuts around his eyes in particular he's probably lost count. Hope it's not too bad.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:42pm
He’s fine. Few stitches and a shiner.

Couldn’t come back on as his eye had swollen over. Not overly happy about that.

100 up as fare as stitches in his head goes…half man half scar tissue
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 2:07pm
Tempted to give the same team a shot at redemption. If they don’t deliver the selection axe will have to fall
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 2:17pm
We keep banging on about foxy not being in the refs ear all the time, have a listen to Sam Warburton views on it. Also when was the last time a ref overturned a decision because someone asked them to. 

Even yesterday after the try, the only reason the knock on was looked at was because the TMO took it upon himself to look at it. The ref only asked was it a try.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 2:21pm
I'd try and get yesterday's Munster team on permit for one match !

Edited by ap sior - 11 October 2021 at 2:22pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

We keep banging on about foxy not being in the refs ear all the time, have a listen to Sam Warburton views on it. Also when was the last time a ref overturned a decision because someone asked them to. 

Even yesterday after the try, the only reason the knock on was looked at was because the TMO took it upon himself to look at it. The ref only asked was it a try.
Agree but broader game issues  that make the referee think eg like “can you please look sir at  Munster seemingly being offside during blitzing us “ is appropriate  as the Munster team were frequently on or over the edge and especially as it was causing us so much problem. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 5:38pm
Foxy will continue to get picked based on reputation when there are players who deserve to be there ahead of him. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic