Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 1:56pm
There were times last season when I only just considered Hardy the third best Scarlets scrum-half, let alone the best in Wales. Let's hope that Pivac has seen a lot more than I have in his play.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 2:06pm
I think they've gone with hi as h is the fittest of the 3 & they're playing at altitude.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I think they've gone with hi as h is the fittest of the 3 & they're playing at altitude.

I've got a worrying  feeling  that Faff DeClerk will disrupt him big time at scrum and ruck, as Hardy is not the quickest at getting the ball away.
Retreating scrum and powerful counteruck not nice for scrum halves.
Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 3:52pm
I'm very worried about the South African centre partnership.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I'm very worried about the South African centre partnership.
I am just very worried 😉
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 7:27pm
Hold them to under 98 and its a moral victory.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 7:28pm
I dont normally feel this way with Wales. But i really dont care about the games. Pivac hasnt a clue and i hope SA put 50+ per game on us and he is sacked. The only thing i worry about is getting every scarlet home injury free and ready for next season
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 7:44pm
Agree Mogwen. Just come home uninjured bois bach!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 7:59am
Whilst I do understand the stances of Mogwen & Cofi I cannot share their sentiments. I am a passionate Scarlets fan and surely that naturally extends to the National team. What is worrying for me is that we only have two players in the 23.

Do I want Wales to defy the odds - most definitely; do I think the team selected can win - I am afraid I don't. International rugby is the pinnacle of the sport & to be successful you have to have a very strong team spirit nurtured by trust in the system & coaching team. Welsh players have been let down by both in recent seasons.

I am sure individually the Welsh coaches are good guys but collectively they do not inspire the trust and honesty that Gatland & Edwards managed for many years. Man management is a huge skill particularly in the field of professional athletes & it is fairly obvious, even to the casual observer, that this skill is sadly missing at the moment. 

Be that as it may I will still get on the edge of my seat tomorrow at 1600 hours, with a decent Malbec in hand, & try to will the boys to a famous win - bois bach Welsh rugby needs something to cheer about.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Whilst I do understand the stances of Mogwen & Cofi I cannot share their sentiments. I am a passionate Scarlets fan and surely that naturally extends to the National team. What is worrying for me is that we only have two players in the 23.

Do I want Wales to defy the odds - most definitely; do I think the team selected can win - I am afraid I don't. International rugby is the pinnacle of the sport & to be successful you have to have a very strong team spirit nurtured by trust in the system & coaching team. Welsh players have been let down by both in recent seasons.

I am sure individually the Welsh coaches are good guys but collectively they do not inspire the trust and honesty that Gatland & Edwards managed for many years. Man management is a huge skill particularly in the field of professional athletes & it is fairly obvious, even to the casual observer, that this skill is sadly missing at the moment. 

Be that as it may I will still get on the edge of my seat tomorrow at 1600 hours, with a decent Malbec in hand, & try to will the boys to a famous win - bois bach Welsh rugby needs something to cheer about.
I would start drinking about 2 pm if I were you game may look better then.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Thats good advice Why which I will gladly take. LOL
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Wales online  surpassing themselves, calling replacements "riding the pine" as opposed to on the bench. Infantile reporting standards from the newspaper of Wales.

It’s embarrassing in all respects even normal news articles. There’s better published school magazines. 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 2:23pm
I’m in LLanelli for a few days is there any pubs or clubs in town showing the game????
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 6:08pm
I’d say most places will be showing it. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 6:39pm

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Thats good advice Why which I will gladly take. LOL
GPR, was the wine chosen due to your forebodings about the result? In French, Mal bec translates as Bad nose (schnozzle or similar).

If only there was a Victoire des visiteurs option Wink
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 12:15am
Think wales will lose by 15-20 points 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic