Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Whilst I do understand the stances of Mogwen & Cofi I cannot share their sentiments. I am a passionate Scarlets fan and surely that naturally extends to the National team. What is worrying for me is that we only have two players in the 23.

Do I want Wales to defy the odds - most definitely; do I think the team selected can win - I am afraid I don't. International rugby is the pinnacle of the sport & to be successful you have to have a very strong team spirit nurtured by trust in the system & coaching team. Welsh players have been let down by both in recent seasons.

I am sure individually the Welsh coaches are good guys but collectively they do not inspire the trust and honesty that Gatland & Edwards managed for many years. Man management is a huge skill particularly in the field of professional athletes & it is fairly obvious, even to the casual observer, that this skill is sadly missing at the moment. 

Be that as it may I will still get on the edge of my seat tomorrow at 1600 hours, with a decent Malbec in hand, & try to will the boys to a famous win - bois bach Welsh rugby needs something to cheer about.
I would start drinking about 2 pm if I were you game may look better then.

Thats good advice Why which I will gladly take. LOL
GPR, was the wine chosen due to your forebodings about the result? In French, Mal bec translates as Bad nose (schnozzle or similar).

If only there was a Victoire des visiteurs option Wink

Thats what I love about this forum EO you learn something every day. My knowledge of French does not extend that far. Argentinian Malbec is one of my favourites; following Why's excellent advice I also have a Rioja on standby for my 1400 hours start. 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic