Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Sharks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 6:29pm
Crowds in SA restricted to 2,000.

Sponsored Links

Boisbach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 6:40pm
Regarding Ryan Elias, for me Ryan has not played much rugby at all over the last 5 years or so.

He has been battling behind Ken for us and Wales, so he would have been absolutely delighted to get 4 tough games under his belt.  

For me he has not been flogged, he played a lot of minutes during a 4 week period, which he hasn’t done for a very very long time. He is a young hard man, who excelled under the circumstances and has certainly put a marker down.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 6:59pm

Ryan as really showed what he can do with regular rugby ..I would suggest the last thing he needs is a rest .
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

I see that Cardiff have published the list of players they have taken to South Africa. Does anyone know if the Scarlets are going to let their supporters know who they have taken?

Or if not - why not? Oh the intrigue .......

If I hadn’t been able to take a couple of my best/influential players I’d be reticent to announce a touring squad. Keeps the opposition guessing see.
Boisbach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boisbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Ryan as really showed what he can do with regular rugby ..I would suggest the last thing he needs is a rest .

Totally agree.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

I see that Cardiff have published the list of players they have taken to South Africa. Does anyone know if the Scarlets are going to let their supporters know who they have taken?
From social media posts I’ve spotted the 24 below. I expect there’ll be another 3 front rowers (Phil Price, Daf Hughes/Shaun Evans, Alex Jeffries?), 1 more lock (Tom Price/Morgan Jones?), 1 more back rower (Aaron Shingler/Iestyn Rees), a centre (Jon Davies) and a Back 3 player (Steff Evans). 

LH Props: Rob Evans,  Wyn Jones
Hookers: Ryan Elias, Marc Jones
TH Props: Samson Lee, Javan Sebastian 
Locks: Sam Lousi, Jac Price
Back Row: Sione Kalamafoni, Tomas Lezana, Josh Macleod, Carwyn Tuipulotu, Blade Thomson

Scrum Halves: Gareth Davies, Kieron Hardy, Dane Blacker
Fly Halves: Dan Jones, Rhys Patchell
Centres: Scott Williams, Steff Hughes, Johnny Williams 
Back 3: Johnny McNicholl, Liam Williams, Ioan Nicholas 
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 8:10pm
Is Costelow injured?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I hate to say this but there are some mad posts on this thread. None of you have played at the intensity of modern pro rugby. 

We simply don't rest players as some sort of freebie. We are managing the loads on their bodies, to try to get the best out of them over the season. 

It's nothing like we used to play for our local clubs. Nothing at all
I’m not saying it is but not having played at that level you don’t know if they used to it and don’t need rest . All players are different some may need rest some may not. Most shift jobs there is no rest and you go to work knackered probably not fit but have to go. Some jobs a lot more dangerous than rugby and pay a lot less and hours are horrendous. 
They are very lucky to be going to SA with mates to play for the greatest club. 
there are not many if any shift job as physically demanding as training and playing test match rugby tbh. The only ones that are involvle active military combat or combat sports. Not saying it’s not a great career but it’s certainly physically and mentally taxing

Seen how much they get paid?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 8:18pm

WGJ and Carwyn are there.
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 8:38pm
I'm happy with the fact that all fit internationals have travelled and we should have two decent squads for the games. Hopefully we'll be competitive.

One of the nutrition providers did personal travel packs for the players with their names on. You can read most of them if you want to know

Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Crowds in SA restricted to 2,000.

That's a shame. Especially with the size of their stadiums.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 9:05pm
Flights from sa banned from fri. We could be coming straight back
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

no one should play 4 tests in weeks fly 12 hours and play again that same weekend. Thats a riduclous schedule tbh
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 9:17pm

Things not looking good in South Africa with Covid 
Rob Hunt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 9:50pm

Unless they can get a flight back overnight, which would seem to be highly unlikely at such short notice, they could be stuck in South Africa indefinitely. Either way 10 days quarantine will be mandatory on return to the U.K..
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 10:06pm
This is worrying for the URC moving forward, we’ll need to leave tomorrow or face a long period in SA.  The SA teams will be unable to travel
To the UK and Ireland either, makes it difficult for them to continue competing in the competition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic