Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Sharks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I think criticism of the Welsh Assembly is a little over the top. Their absolute top priority is keeping people who reside in Wales safe. Assisting an Independent business to carry out its function namely training for and playing games of rugby surely comes way down their list of priorities. 

Now having a go at the WRU is another thing completely. We're all in this together as long as it doesn't affect us the WRU should be their motto.With the right will and determination the Vale Resort could and should have been made available for both the Cardiff & Scarlet squads to isolate and train.

When the Welsh players stayed at the Vale during the Autumn internationals this place must have been made safe for them to isolate as a squad and train together,why can’t our players and Cardiff go there?
Sponsored Links

hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

I think criticism of the Welsh Assembly is a little over the top. Their absolute top priority is keeping people who reside in Wales safe. Assisting an Independent business to carry out its function namely training for and playing games of rugby surely comes way down their list of priorities. 

Now having a go at the WRU is another thing completely. We're all in this together as long as it doesn't affect us the WRU should be their motto.With the right will and determination the Vale Resort could and should have been made available for both the Cardiff & Scarlet squads to isolate and train.

Repatriation of their citizens in a safe and secure manner, rather than making other countries carry the burden of any risk, should be towards the top of their priority list, rugby players or not.

Just like the rest of the UK is it.? In case you haven't noticed no country that I know of has done what you are advocating. In many cases British people have had to fund their own isolation stays in hotels on their return. 

Apart from Tottenham Hotspur you mean?

I am sorry but you will need to explain. 

You mentioned the rest of the UK. Tottenham’s returning players from Colombia, a red list country, have been granted permission to quarantine at Tottenham’s training ground.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:51pm
couple of spurs players allowed back in from the banned countries and are being based at their training facilities to quarranteen. can even train there
yet us and cardiff are getting shafted by the welsh gov.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 4:08pm
It all comes down to the welsh gov and WRU now, if the WRU can provide us and Cardiff with the Vale of Glamorgan as an isolated base then why cant the welsh government agree, If reports of the harm its causing Cardiff mentally are true then they need to be brought home asap , atleast the home comfort of being in wales will be some comfort to them , they were out there doing their job
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 4:08pm

Repatriation of their citizens in a safe and secure manner, rather than making other countries carry the burden of any risk, should be towards the top of their priority list, rugby players or not.

Just like the rest of the UK is it.? In case you haven't noticed no country that I know of has done what you are advocating. In many cases British people have had to fund their own isolation stays in hotels on their return. 

You mentioned the rest of the UK. Tottenham’s returning players from Colombia, a red list country, have been granted permission to quarantine at Tottenham’s training ground.

I take it you are referring to Davinson Sanchez. There is a slight difference to quarantining one person at Tottenham's state of the art training facility & a group of 50 returning from SA & quarantining in the Barn. I really do not see what the Welsh Government can be held accountable for. Now the WRU and the Vale Resort is another thing totally. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 4:11pm
You can’t just declare a hotel a quarantine hotel there is a hell of a lot of logistics to be done first. It is a huge difference having a team in a bubble than quarantining. By the time the hotel would be ready to be used to quarantine then the ten days be nearly up. 
It is amazing however that there is no hotel in Wales available for quarantine, that is down to the Welsh assembly. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 4:35pm
it's a game of rugby ,in the grand scheme of things why should the welsh assembly relax the rules for us there are far bigger things at stake if this virus takes hold again.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 5:42pm

I take it you are referring to Davinson Sanchez. There is a slight difference to quarantining one person at Tottenham's state of the art training facility & a group of 50 returning from SA & quarantining in the Barn. I really do not see what the Welsh Government can be held accountable for. Now the WRU and the Vale Resort is another thing totally. 

It was 4 players who were given the green light to quarantine at Spurs lodge. Sanchez from Colombia, Royal from Brazil, and two from Argentina who’ve since been told they don’t need to quarantine at all as Argentina has been removed from the red list.

Yes, 4 is very different from a whole squad, but that’s not the point that was posed. Given that Cardiff and Scarlets had confirmed to have secured suitable quarantine facilities in Wales, but were not allowed permission by the Welsh Government to follow through on those plans, for reasons which the WG have clearly communicated, I think they’ve let those people away from home doing their jobs down. We’re not going to agree so I’ll leave it at that.
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by townboy townboy wrote:

When the Welsh players stayed at the Vale during the Autumn internationals this place must have been made safe for them to isolate as a squad and train together,why can’t our players and Cardiff go there?

At the end of the day the Vale is a public hotel, which is probably fully booked at the moment or has too many guests there to make the area available for both clubs. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

You can’t just declare a hotel a quarantine hotel there is a hell of a lot of logistics to be done first. It is a huge difference having a team in a bubble than quarantining. By the time the hotel would be ready to be used to quarantine then the ten days be nearly up. 
It is amazing however that there is no hotel in Wales available for quarantine, that is down to the Welsh assembly. 
I'm pretty sure that if it was reported in the papers that WG were paying to keep a hotel empty just in case there would be an outcry of whinging.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2021 at 7:50am
The Welsh government's position is that no quarantine hotels are located in Wales because no International flights from red zone countries land at Cardiff. They deem it unsafe to consider shipping Welsh people from London airports to serve their quarantine in Wales. I am struggling to fault the logic. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2021 at 8:21am
Munster come back to Ireland quarantine free. Not great for morale in the Scarlets camp I’d imagine,
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2021 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Munster come back to Ireland quarantine free. Not great for morale in the Scarlets camp I’d imagine,

No it won't be Wil - is that because Ireland have not taken the same steps as the UK government or have they given the Munster squad special dispensation? 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2021 at 8:39am
I think the Irish Govt equivalent of our ‘red list’ only kicks in on Friday. Munster will be back by then for sure.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I think the Irish Govt equivalent of our ‘red list’ only kicks in on Friday. Munster will be back by then for sure.

So they are going to benefit from their Government's policy while we suffer. I read that the Munster players, as every returning Irish person I guess, will isolate at home. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic