Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team versus Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 1:57pm
The six nations they'll still shift tickets and the WRU know that. People aren't gonna miss out on their yearly day on the lash. Only when supporters don't buy tickets the wru will sit up and listen. 
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 4:57pm
Thomas, Ken, Francis, AWJ, Beard, Morgan, Tips, Faletau.

Kieran, Anscombe, Hawkins, Watkin, Dyer, Adams, Halfpenny.

Subs
Smith, Elias, Lewis, Carter, Macloed, Williams, Priestland, North

Not what I would pick, but I think Pivac will.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Thomas, Ken, Francis, AWJ, Beard, Morgan, Tips, Faletau.

Kieran, Anscombe, Hawkins, Watkin, Dyer, Adams, Halfpenny.

Subs
Smith, Elias, Lewis, Carter, Macloed, Williams, Priestland, North

Not what I would pick, but I think Pivac will.
Hawkins would be a big call
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 5:25pm
Yes, I agree, without Tompkins he's the closest we have to a 12 in my view though.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 5:52pm
i think australia have a few missing too
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 5:54pm
Didnt trust hawkins vs georga so he will prob start him vs aus. North will start somewhere . Watkin just not good enough
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Yes, I agree, without Tompkins he's the closest we have to a 12 in my view though.

For me even with the limited number of times I have seen Hawkins play he has all the attributes for a 2nd playmaker. He has good hands and a booming kicking game both things Tompkins struggles with. Add in the fact that he is at least a stone bigger than Tompkins & he should have been tried against Georgia. Its a big ask to throw him into the Australia, must win to save his job, game but what the hell. Logical, progeessive, well thought out selections are not Pivac's style. A scatter gun approach is his MO so who knows.

The sad fact about Welsh rugby is that we are struggling to identify firstly how we want to play the game. Do we want to go down the route of gainline a la Jamie Roberts. If so then Johnny Williams is probably the best bet at 12. Do we want a ball player who can release some serious pace outside which is the natural game you would expect Stephen Jones to want to play. If so who is knocking down the door for the 12 shirt - correct nobody at the moment hence Hawkins' selection. 

On last season's form I would have gone with Scott Williams as, for me , he was the best 12 available for Wales. This season has been too stop start for Scott to challenge. The cupboard at 12/13 & 15 is particularly bare & the options at 9/10 do not fill you with confidence. 

Watching France last Sunday bringing on Jalibert from the bench to give a masterclass of 10 play is pretty disheartening. For me he would start for every other 6 nations team even ahead of the increasingly injury prone Sexton. We can but watch with envy - no surprise really that Shaun Edwards has committed his future to France. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 9:41am
Wayne Pivac's Wales future will be decided by a post-autumn review after Saturday's final match against Australia.

WRU bosses Nigel Walker and Steve Phillips are focussed on allowing the team to prepare for the game against the Wallabies, but Pivac will have to come up with answers in a detailed review of the campaign as soon as it finishes. Wales' shock 13-12 loss to Georgia was their eighth defeat of 2022 and a first ever against the Tier Two side. Another poor performance against the Wallabies could well prove one too many for the coach.

Wales will hold their first press conference today since Saturday, with the scrutiny and pressure on the coaching team sure to be at the top of the agenda.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 9:44am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

i think australia have a few missing too

Yes they are in the same boat as us so won't have any players that play outside Australia. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 9:45am
He will play North I would give Hawkins a go as Watkins is not international standard nothing to lose.

Would have played AWJ with Dafydd Jenkins but of course he can’t play. Beard surely can’t play anymore as he offers nothing especially now as they don’t even use him in line out. Cupboard bare now Rowlands is out. 

He will start Tomos no doubt but I would play Dillon Lewis at tight head he has improved no end and offers more than Francis around pitch.
15 a problem but would persevere with LRZ for now and have Dyer and Adams on wings. 
I would also play Sam at ten as I say nothing to lose but he won’t it will be the same players who will make the same mistakes time and time again. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

He will play North I would give Hawkins a go as Watkins is not international standard nothing to lose.

Would have played AWJ with Dafydd Jenkins but of course he can’t play. Beard surely can’t play anymore as he offers nothing especially now as they don’t even use him in line out. Cupboard bare now Rowlands is out. 

He will start Tomos no doubt but I would play Dillon Lewis at tight head he has improved no end and offers more than Francis around pitch.
15 a problem but would persevere with LRZ for now and have Dyer and Adams on wings. 
I would also play Sam at ten as I say nothing to lose but he won’t it will be the same players who will make the same mistakes time and time again. 

He isn't available Saturday.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 11:11am
When is the Welsh Team announced 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

When is the Welsh Team announced 
When pivac finishes eenie meanie minie mo.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 2:24pm
HAHA The Wru actually sent Josh out as the player to be interviewed by the press for the press conference.

The captain should have been put forward not someone who has just made their debut.

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 2:59pm
Oz has had a pretty intense campaign and have picked up injuries. So normally you would fancy Wales on this game but…..🤔

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

He isn't available Saturday.
Of course halfpenny it is then 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic