Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team vs Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:35pm
I’d be happy with Javan or Scholz. Javan looked fired up last game and Scholz is strong as an ox.
Sponsored Links

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I’d be happy with Javan or Scholz. Javan looked fired up last game and Scholz is strong as an ox.
Scholz is a good one. He’s improving every week and I’d be thrilled if we extend him long term. Same for Javan, he’s really developing into a solid prop.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

15 1/2P
14 Sanj
13 Steff H
12 Johnny W
11 Steff
10 Dinky
9. Cawdor 
1. Wyn
2. Ken
3. Scholtz
4. Lousi
5. Jake
6. Shingler
7. Jac
8. Sione

Im happier with Steff at 13 as things stand, Fox is still way off although it hasnt helped that hes been out of position with Wales.

You could see signs of improvement with Foxy in the last couple of games of the Championship. His performance against France was one of his best in a long while. I'd be more than happy with a Steff-Johnny midfield partnership, though.

Edited by PritchyTheScarlet - 26 March 2021 at 1:17pm
Dwayne Peel's Barmy Army

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:18pm
No disrespect meant to Steff Hughes, who has many excellent attributes, but a Foxy who is a yard slower than the old one is still far superior to anyone else in the 13 shirt because of his wonderful positioning sense & strength in defence. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

No disrespect meant to Steff Hughes, who has many excellent attributes, but a Foxy who is a yard slower than the old one is still far superior to anyone else in the 13 shirt because of his wonderful positioning sense & strength in defence. 

Foxy had his best game since return from injury v France - he looked a bit like his old self!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:34pm
We have to go with our strongest available side , Sale will be a tough opposition and will come here all guns blazing
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I saw Samson and Rob training together on the field earlier this week. There were no other players there so they’re probably not due back imminently, but it was good to see them with boots on having a workout. 
What's this positive injury news?  I checked to see if it was 1st April for a minute.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I saw Samson and Rob training together on the field earlier this week. There were no other players there so they’re probably not due back imminently, but it was good to see them with boots on having a workout. 
What's this positive injury news?  I checked to see if it was 1st April for a minute.

That suggests they are still going through the return to play protocols in that case so they still have to pass contact training.
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Foxy had his best game since return from injury v France - he looked a bit like his old self!

I'll warrant that had Pivac not [beep]ed up and made those four immediate replacements and had Foxy been left on, France might not have scored that last try. His sense of positioning and organisation in defence would have been head and shoulders above that of either North or HallHolo
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 5:35pm
Yeah to be honest I too thought bringing on so many subs with little experience really hampered our chances. Biggar was having a great game, but Wales have done brilliantly to be honest despite the result. Just hoping for a fired up ruthless Scotland. Everyone has been unfairly Writing them off this week saying 21+ point win in the bag for france. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 6:28am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Yeah to be honest I too thought bringing on so many subs with little experience really hampered our chances. Biggar was having a great game, but Wales have done brilliantly to be honest despite the result. Just hoping for a fired up ruthless Scotland. Everyone has been unfairly Writing them off this week saying 21+ point win in the bag for france. 

Including the France captain - which seriously hacked off Hogg and got the Scots' dander up!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 7:35am
I think it's about time I got a life. Reading this forum when I'm half asleep,  was about to comment that instead of starting another thread, this 'Team for Sale' should surely be better served in 'Rugby Selling Out '.
Must get out more! Embarrassed
Joshua24:15
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 8:24am
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Bleddyn?
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Johnny Williams. I think it’s his middle name. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Johnny Williams. I think it’s his middle name. 
Yep. Already too many Williams in the squad, and we have another Johnny, so Bleddyn it must be!
We're still still here!
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 1:19pm
I think Kieran Hardy said last week he was a 'couple of weeks' away from playing, that was last week before the France game so potentially all being well in contention for Sale? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic