Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 217>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

Well he’s certainly got more of a chance of games for a team that offers him a contract in comparison to a team that doesn’t want him. He’s a talented player who has an opportunity at another team. If Delaney didn’t want him, that’s our gain. What’s the alternative for the lad?
Do you believe that we didn’t want Jac Morgan, or offer him a contract too? 
Sponsored Links

Rob Hunt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

The Ospreys can announce the signing of exciting young centre Osian Knott on a two-year deal.

Knott, 21, will join the Liberty Stadium-based regional rugby franchise from the Scarlets at the end of the season.

A hard running and tough tackling centre, who can play on the wing, Knott’s signing will bolster the Ospreys squad. 

The Wales U18s and U20s centre scored two tries against Ireland during the U20s Six Nations campaign in 2020.

Osian Knott, Wales U20s centre, said:

“The Ospreys are a fantastic club, they have lots of quality players and someone like centre Owen Watkin is someone I know I can learn from. 

“Toby explained what the Ospreys want to be and want to achieve, and it’s something I really want to be a part of and, hopefully, can add to.

“I have set myself some goals and I believe the Ospreys is the best place where I can achieve them.  Toby has shown he has faith in youngsters but there is some real quality at centre and it’s going to be really good for me because it will push my standards to be higher.

“I am not expecting it to be easy at the Ospreys, nothing in life is easy, and hopefully it will push me to be a better player, which is what I want.”

“For a young player to be in the same environment with role models, like Alun Wyn Jones and Justin Tipuric, is just exciting, and to be able to learn of them is something any young player would want to do.”

Osian Knott 
“TOBY EXPLAINED WHAT THE OSPREYS WANT TO BE AND WANT TO ACHIEVE, AND IT’S SOMETHING I REALLY WANT TO BE A PART OF AND, HOPEFULLY, CAN ADD TO."

Toby Booth, Ospreys Head Coach, said:

“Osian is a Wales U20s international and it is part of the Ospreys strategy to recruit young players to increase the depth and quality of our squad.  

“He has played centre and wing, so he gives us some versatility, and he has a real physical presence. That is an attribute we are looking for.”

He obviously doesn’t see players such as Ken and a Foxy as role models and thinks he can learn more from Owen Watkin than from Foxy. Which of the two was the player of the series in the last Lions Tour?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 4:33pm
Mate some media bod at the ospreys wrote that for him, don’t take any notice of it👍👍
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 4:53pm

Well he’s certainly got more of a chance of games for a team that offers him a contract in comparison to a team that doesn’t want him. He’s a talented player who has an opportunity at another team. If Delaney didn’t want him, that’s our gain. What’s the alternative for the lad?

Just a little misinformed on how he came to you, hope he plays to his potential regardless.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Mate some media bod at the ospreys wrote that for him, don’t take any notice of it👍👍

This. You always see this in media releases when a player moves. Club going places, love the style of rugby, blah, blah. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

This. You always see this in media releases when a player moves. Club going places, love the style of rugby, blah, blah. 
or foxy after we made him captain "i'm signing for a club that matches my ambitions " or words to that effect.Embarrassed
wetweatherwinger View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Do you believe that we didn’t want Jac Morgan, or offer him a contract too? 
Different situations I believe. Jac was offered. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Just a little misinformed on how he came to you, hope he plays to his potential regardless.
My point is that he was released and we have benefitted. Or do you think he has ‘chosen’ Ospreys. Trimming the squad from 65 down to around 50 would see some casualties. We’ve benefitted. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Do we know for certain we didn't offer him a contract?
I don’t think many would know for certain. However you have to trim your squad significantly, he’s in a renewal/or not situation, there’s a few good youngsters coming through (one in particular who could be very good) and the coach will always have his subjective opinion of him. In pro sport these things happen and we’ve benefitted. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:30pm

My point is that he was released and we have benefitted. Or do you think he has ‘chosen’ Ospreys. Trimming the squad from 65 down to around 50 would see some casualties. We’ve benefitted. 

He himself said he chose the Ospreys?

He rejected a Scarlets contract.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:30pm
Parasites of the highest order no good will come of it. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:32pm

Depends what the offer was then doesn’t it. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Gross over exaggeration. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:36pm

Wow
Pro sport doesn’t work like that. 
Peel?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:40pm

Depends what the offer was then doesn’t it. 

Of course. But that wasn’t your point, or of course your just having some fun.
Rob Hunt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:52pm

The first part of your comment certainly fits pretty well with Booth’s comments about the signing: “.... part of the Ospreys strategy to recruit young players....”
Who knows what good will come of it? Perhaps they’ll be looking to merge with the Blues or us in a year or two.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 217>
  Share Topic