Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 250>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Sadly they don't seem to be planning too much in to the future, with a 38 year old hooker, and a 37 year old outside half.

I really do wonder why they ever let Sam Davies leave.
think it was part of anscombe joining and him wanting to be first choice, although with anscombe injury he would have been first choice as it turns out, good player sam he has a lot of talent  can’t help but think he should have had a better career
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Sadly they don't seem to be planning too much in to the future, with a 38 year old hooker, and a 37 year old outside half.

I really do wonder why they ever let Sam Davies leave.

Dewi Lake is out until Christmas by all accounts.
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

The Rugby Paper think that Cuthbert to the Ospreys is done.

What’s happened to Luke Morgan? Always impressed when playing us in the past.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 6:13pm
Corey Hill has been released from the Wales squad immediately after telling the Cardiff Blues he wants to an explore an overseas opportunity. 

Matthew Screech has been called up in his place. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 6:17pm

Corey Hill has been released from the Wales squad immediately after telling the Cardiff Blues he wants to an explore an overseas opportunity. 

Matthew Screech has been called up in his place. 
odd one he was a fixture in the welsh squad especially with no ball around
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 6:25pm
Probably can get triple the money Japan. Why not 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Probably can get triple the money Japan. Why not 
no more welsh caps , would still be on big money here can go to japan later on
Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 6:32pm
Surprised Morgan Jones wasn’t involved. I’d put him ahead of Screech and Carter.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 6:39pm
Yeah this is a weird one for me, 2 years until the RWC & he could have gone after that. I guess time will tell. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:03pm

Yeah this is a weird one for me, 2 years until the RWC & he could have gone after that. I guess time will tell. 
This is a slippery slope. Why should the players remain on a 25% pay cut when the WRU are spending money on hotels and rooftop walks? I suspect Cory won’t be the last

Edited by scarletnut - 17 June 2021 at 9:56pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

This is a slippery slope. Why should the players remain on a 25% pay cut when the WRU are spending money on hotels and rooftop walks? I suspect Cory won’t be the first 
 it’s his choice but he was on a big wage with the blues and his wru money must be six figures plus Some people are more drven by money than others good luck to him but it’s not a move i would have made ps did you mean cory won’t be the last?

Edited by RR1972 - 17 June 2021 at 9:55pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

This is a slippery slope. Why should the players remain on a 25% pay cut when the WRU are spending money on hotels and rooftop walks? I suspect Cory won’t be the first 
 it’s his choice but he was on a big wage with the blues and his wru money must be six figures plus Some people are more drven by money than others good luck to him but it’s not a move i would have made ps did you mean cory won’t be the last?
Yes sorry bad typo 😂 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 10:07pm
Japan or france mate?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2021 at 4:50am
France set the bar ( high) for 2nd row talent when it comes to packages.

Expectations are set high too of course.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2021 at 8:32am
From the BBC article 

Cardiff Blues had re-signed Hill "on a long-term deal" in June 2020 but that contract was no longer valid after players took 25% wage cuts last summer because of Covid-19.

I hope this doesn't start a raft of players leaving.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2021 at 9:08am

From the BBC article 

Cardiff Blues had re-signed Hill "on a long-term deal" in June 2020 but that contract was no longer valid after players took 25% wage cuts last summer because of Covid-19.

I hope this doesn't start a raft of players leaving.
so any welsh player can now leave for free if they so wish. The 60 cap brigade won’t even lose their test squad places
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 250>
  Share Topic