Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 11:43pm
Dredging the depths
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 1:53am
Sharks 10 scored 2 drop goals from Ospreys goal line drop outs. Looks like an interesting side-effect from the new try-line drop out 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 5:28am
Ospreys were surprisingly poor, dropping the ball quite often and showing very few ideas in the backs... the forwards did OK, but nothing special... not many 'put their hands up' in front of Pivac and Stevo, though the sadly departed Jac Morgan was one of their best players. Anscombe kicked well, overall.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Sharks 10 scored 2 drop goals from Ospreys goal line drop outs. Looks like an interesting side-effect from the new try-line drop out 
 personAlly i wouldn’t kick it towards the opposition ten, certainly after the first drop goal. morgan v good for ospreys webb v bad

Edited by RR1972 - 09 October 2021 at 9:29am
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 12:18pm
I dont think the amount of errors by the ospreys could mask the lack of direction and ideas the team showed. Dropping a ball can be rectified but the lack of attacking flare and ideas was concerning considering that wasnt far off their 1st 15. I think it was onlt tipuric and north missing. Saying thst jac was their star man by a distance.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I dont think the amount of errors by the ospreys could mask the lack of direction and ideas the team showed. Dropping a ball can be rectified but the lack of attacking flare and ideas was concerning considering that wasnt far off their 1st 15. I think it was onlt tipuric and north missing. Saying thst jac was their star man by a distance.

We should sign him, looks like a decent player LOL
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
London Scarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 6:59pm
Dragons going well in Galway. Is this a second string Connacht? Egg on their face if so, massively underestimating this side under Dean Ryan.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 7:07pm
Well done to the Dragons, first win in Galway since 2004.  
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 7:16pm
The Dragons pack was good enough to put Connacht under pressure in the scrum and lineout. Add Basham's superb performance and a few moments of genius from Jordan Williams and Sam Davies and the Dragons were convincing winners. The Fijian prop also made good contributions in the loose. They will be no pushover if they can keep their main players free from injury.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 11:50pm
Ominous signs from the South Africans this weekend.

Stormers and Bulls very impressive.

Sharks also impressive, but considering just how abysmal the Ospreys were, I think when Sharks go to the Arms Park next week, it will be a better barometer of where they’re at.

Having watched all three Dragons games on TV, I think there’s a reasonable argument to be made that they’re the second best Welsh team.

Edited by hartson11 - 09 October 2021 at 11:51pm
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 8:05am
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Sharks also impressive, but considering just how abysmal the Ospreys were, I think when Sharks go to the Arms Park next week, it will be a better barometer of where they’re at.

Having watched all three Dragons games on TV, I think there’s a reasonable argument to be made that they’re the second best Welsh team.

would that make us first or third?
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 8:19am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Scarlets 1st's - 1
Scarlets East - 3
Scarlets Capital - 4 
Wink
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 8:21am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Scarlets 1st's - 1
Scarlets East - 3
Scarlets Capital - 4 
Wink
Clap
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 2:52pm
Lrz looked reAlly sharp he is a top player
Jake Bullet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2021 at 4:01pm

I think you’re right. Table shows dragons as 2nd best region with Ospreys being top region and blues in 3rd. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 10:35am
Thomas Young is to join Cardiff Rugby from next season & becomes available for Wales immediately. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245>
  Share Topic