Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 453>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2024 at 1:25pm
It’s a while since I last watched Lions and it seems like they’re transformed into a cohesive attacking unit with a very strong scrum and the same robust defence.

Or

It could be that the Sharks are awful
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2024 at 2:40pm
19-10 at half-time but so far there’s been no second half.

Violent thunderstorms are keeping everyone inside.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2024 at 3:07pm
Back underway - 55 mins gone and no score since the break. They’re about an hour behind schedule and Bulls v Stormers should be kicking off now on this channel. But…..no sign of it yet. 

Hope it doesn’t knock on to interrupting full coverage of us at Connacht.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2024 at 4:45pm
nsw beat canterbury today, good win that
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2024 at 9:09pm
leinster pasting the blues now. all 3 irish sides playng welsh opposition got a bp win today
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2024 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

leinster pasting the blues now. all 3 irish sides playng welsh opposition got a bp win today
That’s what tax  breaks and 2% loan repayments help towards. Was talking to Ulster fan last week he can’t believe we still going with the shackles we have on us from WRU and Drakefords shower of 💩 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2024 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

That’s what tax  breaks and 2% loan repayments help towards. Was talking to Ulster fan last week he can’t believe we still going with the shackles we have on us from WRU and Drakefords shower of 💩 
spot on the wru and welsh labour have shafted us
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2024 at 9:09am
Many weeks ago I pointed out how poor our performances were even in comparison to Cardiff who despite only winning one more game than us were managing to stay in games & pick up bonus points which at least showed their desire to do the shirt justice. I cited the fact that they had a slight positive points scored record compared with ours which was a negative of almost 200 points.

Some accused me of not taking into account the fact that we they had not played the level of opponents we had - no Leinster or tour of South Africa. Well they played Leinster with no releases from the Welsh squad & managed to score three tries before losing by 13 points. They still have a small plus in Points - 6 while our negative has climbed to 213 over 11 games. Its going to take some real turnaround in the next 7 games for that stat to change.

Cardiff are the example of a well coached young squad on limited resources who are learning to stay in the fight through a good gameplan with passion & tenacity to represent their team. Scarlets on the other hand are a poorly coached team lacking in fight & desire with no discernible plan & who appear clueless defensively - the part of the game which requires passion & intensity. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2024 at 9:28am
Why can't the Scarlets realise that they are the problem not just the WRU and poor referees and their current attitude to what's left of what used to be a massive loyal fanbase is sickening the podcast with Daniels answered no questions apart from the pathways one that man has Teflon for skin we are now 2/15 yet not too long ago we were happy to laugh at the expense of Cardiff and the ospreys because we had the best recruitment compared to theirs (the forums words) and it simply beggars belief that Daniels saw fit to reward Dwayne with a 3 year contract extension after 2 1/2 years of abject failure i bet the Cardiff fans are laughing at the fact we nicked Dwayne from under their noses as they have dodged a massive bullet there i would like them to have an open meeting with the fans where they can ask Daniels  "REAL" questions that matter to our survival because make no bones about it we are in dire straights
Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2024 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Back underway - 55 mins gone and no score since the break. They’re about an hour behind schedule and Bulls v Stormers should be kicking off now on this channel. But…..no sign of it yet. 

hi Eastern outpost ,hope you are  well,
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2024 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

hi Eastern outpost ,hope you are  well,
Thanks Peter. Yes indeed and hope likewise.

Good to see Pieter into his second game back from injury and almost 20 mins off the bench. A great 5 point demolition of Lyon. He’s in the Sud Ouest photo by the match report.

Scarlets loss in not re-signing Pieter has very much been his gain in the longer run.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2024 at 3:42pm
EXCLUSIVE: Wales fly-half Gareth Anscombe signs for Gloucester, writes Neil Fissler 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2024 at 10:11am
https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/toby-booth-i-wont-have-the-word-survival-its-a-case-of-what-we-do-to-thrive/  read that . apparently if one region folds the other 3 not the wru inherit the debt
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2024 at 10:45am
That can't be right, I'd understand if the funding didn't increase to the other 3 if a region folded because there would be knock on impacts of having 3 teams but I thought it had been fairly widely reported that individuals within the regions would be personally liable for the debts should the team fold.

No-one in their right mind would agree to taking on another companies debt if they go under when it's completely out of their control how that company performs.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2024 at 10:54am
An interesting read.  I like Booth, he says it as it is, he’s honest with the media (whether it’s good or bad), and his man management skills are good.
If the fact that 3 regions will pick up the debt should 1 fold (and we have no reason to doubt what’s been said) then that shows that (a) the regions are S..T at negotiating with the WRU, (b) the WRU are really good at negotiating with the regions, and (c) the WRU really don’t give a S..T about the regional game and any pretence that the regional game would receive better funding should the inevitable happen is just for the birds (something I’ve been saying on this forum for years).
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2024 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

That can't be right, I'd understand if the funding didn't increase to the other 3 if a region folded because there would be knock on impacts of having 3 teams but I thought it had been fairly widely reported that individuals within the regions would be personally liable for the debts should the team fold.

No-one in their right mind would agree to taking on another companies debt if they go under when it's completely out of their control how that company performs.
harries is pretty reliable isn’t he? would explain why the regions didn’t push for the  dragons to close? seens a bad deal i agree with you there tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 453>
  Share Topic