Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:07am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Ospreys dug deep there, boring side to watch but they are hard to beat when they are home

Their scrum is a serious weapon - Gareth Thomas impressed me among a few others like Morris, Griffiths and Morgan in the back row. Ulster seemed to run out of ideas once their hard one out carrying kept running into brick walls. For Ulster to really progress into a top European team I can't help thinking they need to find a decent scrum and a 10 - Burns is not the answer for me. 
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:09am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I see Reffell is on the bench behind van Staden for Sunday's big game against Harlequins. 
Not quite sure of the point there GPR 🧜🏼‍♀️ �£ 

Well EO I was having  a debate with some on this forum regarding the merits or otherwise of us going for Reffell. My point was that we have better players at 7 already in Lezana & Mcloud sio why would he want to come to us to be 3rd choice.

An opposing view was made that he was a  starter in a very strong performing Leicester team which I disputed saying that when the South Africans were playing he would not be a starter - hence my post. 
GPR, my fishing emoji displayed as the ?£ above on my iPad.

It was very much a tongue in cheek comment Wink

Come on now EO - fishing emoji I can only just turn on the computer. Ask me a question you get an answer - I am a simple lad really. LOL
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 34 minutes ago at 7:31am
Bearing in mind the woes of the Welsh scrum this autumn isn't it time for the WRU to invest in the best scrum coach in the Northern Hemisphere? Whoever he gets his hands on improves off the radar. It was evident again yesterday as the Harlequins scrum gave the Tigers scrum a going over. Yes Quins had Marler but the tight head Collier has never been that dominant & they were up against an International front row - Genge, Montoya & Coles. 

Add in the huge improvement that Kyle Sinckler made when he was under his coaching influence and it really is crying out for Adam Jones to be offered the job with Wales ahead of the 6 nations. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 57 minutes ago at 9:08am

I see Reffell is on the bench behind van Staden for Sunday's big game against Harlequins. 
Not quite sure of the point there GPR 🧜🏼‍♀️ �£ 

Well EO I was having  a debate with some on this forum regarding the merits or otherwise of us going for Reffell. My point was that we have better players at 7 already in Lezana & Mcloud sio why would he want to come to us to be 3rd choice.

An opposing view was made that he was a  starter in a very strong performing Leicester team which I disputed saying that when the South Africans were playing he would not be a starter - hence my post. 
GPR, my fishing emoji displayed as the ?£ above on my iPad.

It was very much a tongue in cheek comment Wink

Come on now EO - fishing emoji I can only just turn on the computer. Ask me a question you get an answer - I am a simple lad really. LOL
😂 I have never been Mermaid fishing EO although I have seen the old film Splash with a rather beguiling mermaid I must admit 😉 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 9 minutes ago at 9:56am

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Ospreys dug deep there, boring side to watch but they are hard to beat when they are home

Their scrum is a serious weapon - Gareth Thomas impressed me among a few others like Morris, Griffiths and Morgan in the back row. Ulster seemed to run out of ideas once their hard one out carrying kept running into brick walls. For Ulster to really progress into a top European team I can't help thinking they need to find a decent scrum and a 10 - Burns is not the answer for me. 
Ospreys defence was like their team of old - Impossible to penetrate. This is going to be a real problem for us on New Years Day. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 50 minutes ago at 11:15am
Yes, they know who, how and when to tackle and are physical enough to make it very difficult for most players to slip through. As a line they are also up very quickly, which to me suggests that there is space behind that line to chip/crosskick into, but this relies on our boys accelerating into that space to reclaim the ball or at least putting pressure on their 15 or whoever has been left to patrol that space on his own. I'm sure that Patch and Costellow have the ability to see this opportunity, but unless we practice the chasing/following up it will just be wasted possession.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255
  Share Topic