Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:46am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Did anyone watch Racing La Rochelle? Two massive sides playing a strange combination of bash power rugby yet forwards were constantly attempting ridiculous offloads and flicks that rarely worked. Not a good game to watch really but either side would blow us away. Teddy Thomas had a chance to win it for Racing, or at least put them in a position to force La Rochelle to score, yet was selfish and didn't pass when presented with a straightforward 2 on 1 5m out. A very mixed game - not attractive to watch yet not "one for the purists" either, and how size is now dominating most things is very clear, in the French game for sure. It also shows playing rugby in summer conditions may not be the greatest idea looking to 2031...

Yes Dr M - I watched the game. Leinster will not have many problems in the final in my view. Some great forward carrying on display but, for me, neither pair of half backs were good enough on the day to take the game by the scruff of the neck. La Rochelle's pack won't bully Leinster and the well oiled attacking machine that is the Leinster backline, particularly if Sexton & Park start. A final word that old warhorse Victor Vito shows why class is permanent. 
Presumably you missed last seasons semi-final LOL
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:04am
La rochelle ran all over leinster in that second half last year this will be a hard close game 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:09am
I hear what you are both saying but that was last year. Leinster's players are at a different level this season in my opinion. With their full team out I don't see La Rochelle getting within 10-15 points. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:09am
If Leinster try and keep it tight then La Rochelle's set piece was very good. Goalkicking a different story.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:20am
Leinster look good in fairness , i’d back them to beat the crusaders on current forn
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:27am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

If Leinster try and keep it tight then La Rochelle's set piece was very good. Goalkicking a different story.

They won't try to keep it tight - they will play as against Toulouse in my opinion. Leinster's forwards have such great skills. Their handling is on a different level to any other team I have seen this season. Furlong throwing a 25 metre pass before he went off, numerous different forwards executing the pull back to Sexton without breaking stride - its a joy to watch such skills executed so accurately. Of course its a two horse race so anything can happen. For me La Rochelle's best chance is for a very wet day which is pretty unlikely in Marseille at this time of year. 

tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 34 minutes ago at 5:31pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Article online regarding Toby Booths comments on the last games being played at the same time. I agree with him also, not only does it give us a slight advantage it makes our game which is exciting as it stands into a dead rubber if the Ospreys go on and get the 5 point win that they need to tie down the Welsh Shield.

It certainly won't be  a dead rubber for the Stormers who are looking to secure a home quarter final. I am afraid whichever team "wins" the Welsh Shield should keep very quiet about it as achievements go it is pretty non descript. 
Whichever team is top in Wales will struggle to get a point in next years fixtures.  They'll be in the bottom group of seeds and up against far better teams.  We were so bad this year that we failed to make the cut for inclusion in the Challenge Cup.  Maybe a season in that and being competitive will allow us to build some momentum in the season after a coule of messed around seasons.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 36 minutes ago at 10:29am
Spot on in fairness tannerbank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294
  Share Topic