Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The positives of a merger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 4:23pm
Non rugby fannies your greatest line yetClap
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by SVD SVD wrote:

…and? Don’t understand

Everyone goes on about rugby at different levels yet no one goes to watch Llanelli. It’s hypocritical. 
How is it hypocritical?
We're still still here!
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 6:07pm
Well said Lofty. Spot on mate.
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
lordcuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordcuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 6:52pm
I'd argue axing the dragons would be the best move here. Imagine us with Will Rowlands, Taine Basham, Ollie Griffiths and maybe another back, Ospreys take Wainwright, Moriarty and another back, Cardiff get Ben Carter, George Nott/Sean Lonsdale, Max Clark

Would strengthen the holes in each region
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 7:48pm
And make 50 players redundant.
Keep the faith
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 8:17pm

Players who are not good enough for Pro  Rugby? 
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Players who are not good enough for Pro  Rugby? 

We already have a few of them in our squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordcuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 12:00am
Yeah there's many players who'll be better suited to the Premiership which in turn, will improve the quality of the Premiership hence making the gap smaller from semi pro to pro rugby.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordcuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 12:04am
Scarlets:

Wyn Jones
Ken Owens
Samson Lee
Sam Lousi
Will Rowlands
Vaea Fifita
Josh Macleod
Kalamafoni
Cawdor
Patch
Conbeer
Johnny Wills
Foxy
Steff Evans
Johnny Mac

Ospreys:

Gareth Thomas
Dewi Lake
Tomas Francis
Beard
AWJ
Moriarty
Jac Morgan/Tipuric
Wainwright
Webb
Anscombe
Giles
Aneurin Owen
North
Cuthbert
Protheroe

Cardiff:

Carre
Bradley Roberts
Leon Brown
Ben Carter
Seb Davies
Navidi
Botham
Ratti/Faletau
Tomos Williams
Jarrod Evans
Adams
Max Clark
Halaholo
Owen Lane
Liam Williams

3 really solid squads just off the top of my head. Fills gaps and should have no excuse for underperforming in Europe
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 12:39am
Are the WRU using this covid catastrophe as an excuse to simply take over the regions and pro game?

WRU should....

Remortgage the stadium and hotel as they wait for their £50 million plus tv contract money, they should also go to the WAG to help them subsidise both the mens and womens pro game. Then give the regions and the wru themselves time to recoup some of their losses from the empty stadiums during covid, with ticket / hospitality , beer and burger sales at the regions...Plus upcoming principality events like ed sheeran, speedway , tom jones, wwe , autumn tests and so on

The lack of new stars coming through the academies is the biggest problem atm ...They need to study why its dried up? Id look at halving or even ripping up the 60 cap rule too. That would allow certain experienced test players to leave wales for a few yrs if they so wished and would open up regional spaces for the rising stars. 

Theres plenty more to do, the central contracts need looking at again too....But the last thing they should ever do is scrap a region or 2....It closed off a whole region a whole squad of opportunities for local talent and would lose a vast group supporters to welsh rugby forever

Edited by roy munster - 07 May 2022 at 12:41am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 12:52am
All i will say is ...
1) Wales have a poor season, and end up LOSING to Italy  at home
2)The regions are awful losing all European games, and finishing in the bottom half of the league, with  Cardiff and dragons an embarrassment
3) The season itself is a mis-mash ,disjointed, Covid affected mess. Ridiculous kick off times, causing issues for supporters from west wales, travelling to PYS
4) Scarlets have to isolate  in Ireland, after south African fiasco. Lose for the first time at home to Dragons, and for the first time since 2004?, to Connaught.
To add insult to injury, we ship 50 points against our biggest rivals 
5) Finally, to finish season with a flourish, we now have news that one region may have to go.!!!

People who read my posts, will know, that I am always positive, and i do think Scarlets will be a whole lot better next season....HOWEVER....ATM, I feel like I have been in a fight with both Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano..at the same time !!!CryCryCry

Thank GOD FOR THE RUGBY SEASON's coming to an END

As a Glamorgan member, I can now settle for "sensible mediocrity", without stress for a few months !LOL Wink
I stood yer on tanner bank
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 5:47am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Brilliant post Lofty totally agree with you

Even the Will Chips bit? Wink
Scarlets before Wales
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 5:49am
Originally posted by lordcuthbert lordcuthbert wrote:

Scarlets:

Wyn Jones
Ken Owens
Samson Lee
Sam Lousi
Will Rowlands
Vaea Fifita
Josh Macleod
Kalamafoni
Cawdor
Patch
Conbeer
Johnny Wills
Foxy
Steff Evans
Johnny Mac

Ospreys:

Gareth Thomas
Dewi Lake
Tomas Francis
Beard
AWJ
Moriarty
Jac Morgan/Tipuric
Wainwright
Webb
Anscombe
Giles
Aneurin Owen
North
Cuthbert
Protheroe

Cardiff:

Carre
Bradley Roberts
Leon Brown
Ben Carter
Seb Davies
Navidi
Botham
Ratti/Faletau
Tomos Williams
Jarrod Evans
Adams
Max Clark
Halaholo
Owen Lane
Liam Williams

3 really solid squads just off the top of my head. Fills gaps and should have no excuse for underperforming in Europe

Take out 4 from each team due to injury and replace them.
Scarlets before Wales
pillory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 7:07am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Are the WRU using this covid catastrophe as an excuse to simply take over the regions and pro game?

I think so, but it may be confirmation bias. COVID-19 was long and rough on businesses, and made many cautious to the possibility of future revenue shocks - especially the CFOs. Truth is, things are looking up and the sun is shining a bit more now - the WRU has a good product, a decent outlook.

Agree with your suggestions - reform the underlying union first, don't leap to a knee-jerk team cut.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 11:47am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

All i will say is ...
2)The regions are awful losing all European games, and finishing in the bottom half of the league, with  Cardiff and dragons an embarrassment
3) The season itself is a mis-mash ,disjointed, Covid affected mess. Ridiculous kick off times, causing issues for supporters from west wales, travelling to PYS
4) Scarlets have to isolate  in Ireland, after south African fiasco. Lose for the first time at home to Dragons, and for the first time since 2004?, to Connaught.
5) Finally, to finish season with a flourish, we now have news that one region may have to go.!!!

People who read my posts, will know, that I am always positive, and i do think Scarlets will be a whole lot better next season....HOWEVER....ATM, I feel like I have been in a fight with both Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano..at the same time !!!CryCryCry

As a Glamorgan member, I can now settle for "sensible mediocrity", without stress for a few months !LOL Wink

Most of those are confined to this season it’s not as if it’s been happening for several years. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

All i will say is ...

Most of those are confined to this season it’s not as if it’s been happening for several years. 

Exactly. The wru's response to losing to 1 game to Italy is, dump a region forever? so pro rugby in that area is lost forever . wrong choice...Try option 2, replace the WRU board members , then invest in pro rugby properly like the other nations
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic