Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Run in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 9:37am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

03/03/2023 20/03/2023 14/04/2023 21/04/2023  
 Points at 22nd FebR15PointsR16PointsR17PointsR18PointsTotal Points
Scarlets27Munster (A)2Sharks (H)4Glasgow (A)4Dragons (JD)441
Cardiff34Ulster (H)0Parma (A)4Connacht (A)1Ospreys (JD)241
Connacht35Dragons (A)4Edin (H)4Cardiff (H)4Glasgow (A)148

I would be astonished if we get anything from the Glasgow game. Hope Im wrong as we are going up but they will be a challenge. Its also galling that Cardiff are likely to win the HC place yet arent in our class at the moment and surely wont be a force next year if all their leavers are true. Our fault for having such a poor first half of the season

I fear no one let's just go out to win and win well.

I sense a belief growing amongst the squad which eminates from our South Sea Islanders & is carried on by the enthusiasm of young players sensing their chance. Look at the growing levels of performance from Mathias, Shaun Evans, Wainwright, Dan Davis, Eddie James & Joe Roberts. I am not saying we are the finished article as we were when we came on that 2nd half of the season run in our title year but this is the special. Nobody & I say that with the greatest respect will be fancying a trip to PYS for a knock out game. 

It’s made a difference having a fit open side. I think we’ll push Cardiff close. Make Judgement day interesting. 
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 9:42am
Yes,a few weeks ago I didn’t think that we would be anywhere near the Ospreys or Cardiff but I too believe that it will all come down to judgement day.
All we have got to hope for is that JW and a few others don’t get injured or called up for tackle bag holding by Gatland.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 10:26am
Against Glasgow, I think that if we get over our comatose starts and habit of receiving cards for minor or technical offences we could well win. However these are fairly big "ifs"
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 11:18am
I think that we're the best Welsh side at the moment, during the test window. We were probably the worst side pre Xmas.
Definitely on an upward curve. I honestly don't think we're good enough for HC rugby next season. We just don't have the pack or carriers, especially without Sione, to compete. Our backs can too easily be starved of ball.

Best we can hope for this season realistically is to beat an uninterested Brive at home and set up a nice home QF which will generate some positivity and cash! 

Having said that, I'd still to finish as top Welsh side!

Edited by Wasp - 08 March 2023 at 11:20am
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 11:21am

I think that we're the best Welsh side at the moment, during the test window. We were probably the worst side pre Xmas.
Definitely on an upward curve. I honestly don't think we're good enough for HC rugby next season. We just don't have the pack or carriers, especially without Sione, to compete. Our backs can too easily be starved of ball.

Best we can hope for this season realistically is to beat an uninterested Brive at home and set up a nice home QF which will generate some positivity and cash! 

I'm all in - been checking availability of Dublin hotels.Thumbs Up
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 11:23am
Can't make the Brive game, but will be there for the QF
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 11:28am

Me too! They're blydi expensive!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I would be astonished if we get anything from the Glasgow game. Hope Im wrong as we are going up but they will be a challenge. Its also galling that Cardiff are likely to win the HC place yet arent in our class at the moment and surely wont be a force next year if all their leavers are true. Our fault for having such a poor first half of the season

Aren't in our class at the moment? They've won more games than us....
Due to our terrible start. We are playing much better then them now or did i just imagine that?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 1:11pm

Due to our terrible start. We are playing much better then them now or did i just imagine that?

It was a blip. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 2:00pm

One game at a time bois . To score more points  than any other team    ever in the Munster  province history , for a League  game is a fantastic  achievement!!! Some great  tries there !!!

Edited by 157cb - 08 March 2023 at 2:22pm
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

It was a blip. 

A blip for them or us LOL
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Can't make the Brive game, but will be there for the QF
I have put all my chickens in that basket and counted my eggs too. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 6:02pm

Me too! They're blydi expensive!
Many owners are distantly related to Dick O’Turpin Wink

The market is deliberately kept under supplied to allow for sky-high rates to be charged.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 8:15pm
It's like 8 tomatoes and a cucumber in Tesco 
Lincscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 3:20pm
Looking at the other teams run-ins and tbf the Sharks have a tough last 3, us, Benetton and Munster. They could drop out of 7th place quite easily there 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

It's like 8 tomatoes and a cucumber in Tesco 

What they are selling them again....

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic