Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The u20s table looks ominous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

I think it's only the contracted academy players that can be stopped from playing club rugby as the region would control their registration, if they're attached academy players or just in the squad then the clubs have their registrations, although you'd imagine any youngster who the region suggests they shouldn't play too much for their club would listen to the region not to harm their future chances or damage relationships.

The regions put mandatory gym sessions or other such sessions at the time when they could be playing for their clubs. It's not just the contracted ones, it applies to all as far as I know. 

For me, the players could learn a lot playing for their local side which would benefit them in the long run.

Interestingly, Leinster don't subscribe to youngsters playing a lot of games but prefer gym and skills work ..seems to work for them 

Have you got any more detail on that? I thought that they focused on skill and physical development in the summer.
It was a TV program on via Chanel looking at how Leinster turned themselves into the best club in the world (their words) ....might be on YouTube 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic