Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Untouchables (16/17 reference Cubby interview)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Untouchables (16/17 reference Cubby interview)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Untouchables (16/17 reference Cubby interview)
    Posted: 22 April 2022 at 7:10pm
In the extremely watchable Garan Evans interview of Cubby following his retirement, mention was made of 16/17 and our PRO12 Championship season.

If you’ve not seen the interview, it’s well worth sitting down with a coffee or something that Cubby might have on a night out and watch.

The Untouchables was a pretty successful film starring Ievin Costner and Sean Connery amongst others.

If you were to recast that film with Scarlets players and maybe some opponents, who would you choose for which role?

Cubby as Kevin Costner?
John Barclay as Sean Connery?

Might need to watch the film again.Big smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 7:20pm
Mam fach
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 8:17pm
Cubby was surprisingly eloquent and thoughtful. A long way from his usual persona. I was quite shocked actually.
Lovely interview, if a bit horrifying to learn of his concussion side effects. It must have been really frightening for him and his family.

Also a little bit saddening remembering those 16/17 and 17/18 heights and our abject failure to even consolidate, let alone build on our position. (Coach transitions notwithstanding)
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 9:40pm
He was thoughtful and articulate, not his “ street persona’ at all.

Awful and harrowing journey for him.

I’m proud of the Scarlets for giving him time and every opportunity to keep playing. At least they value a player that has given everything to the shirt

I always think players that ‘ made it’ outside the conventional routing of the academy pathway have a story to tell, and are good to keep around, particularly amongst the younger guys.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2022 at 7:41am
Cubby came across well in fairness and his journey trying to get back playing must have been really tough. I share your pride Wil in my team doing all they can for one of our own. He will always be one of our top players. Dwayne speaks really highly of his rugby intelligence and passion for the Scarlets which has rubbed off on many young guys coming through. 

I wish him the very best in his future life. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2022 at 9:47am
Concussion is horrendous, as long as he is pain free and can live a normal life that is all that matters
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic