Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time For Change.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 47>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Bradley, from Zebre, was nominated as best coach of.the season in pro14.
He for me could be the right profile for our needs. An attacking style that we like and more close to Scarlets way. 
Maybe from next season Zebre will move from Parma to Padova. The CEO of Petrarca Padova, mr. Banzato, would like to.try the pro14 experience amd he is ready to invest some millions of euro, maybe 5. 
So.can happen that with the new club he would change society assett and staff, with their money he can...
Just checked where Padova is Big smile

Feeling optimistic about travel to matches. Must calm down.
Close to Treviso, 2 pro14 teams from Veneto..
For the moment is only a rumor, strong but a rumor 
Good options travel wise for Padova.

We loved our trips to Parma and would love to go there again. Once we drove from Bordeaux, in 2 days, travelling through one tunnel under the Alps and back to the U.K. under the other. An epic trip and I even had the privilege of Mick, who we’ve not heard from on here for years, it seems, help carry our luggage into reception.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 3:45am
(Post deleted as discussed elsewhere)

Edited by hartson11 - 08 April 2021 at 3:53am
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:11am
Filo Tiatia has walked from his job at Auckland. No stranger to Welsh rugby!

shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 12:49pm
Knott confirmed by os.
What gp going on at our region, joke 
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 2:16pm
Filo Tiatia would be a great acquisition. In his playing days he was tough, honest and got stuck in, and I can imagine he's taken those qualities into coaching. Auckland have done very well recently, few finals and they won a final of the Mitre 10 few seasons ago. He'd be great, either as Head Coach, or Defence Coach with Dwayne Peel as Head Coach. 

As for other names I can think of who are free or possibly free - 
Rob Penney - experienced coach who was sacked by the Warathas recently. 
Michael Cheika - plenty of experience at club and international level. He wants a side playing attacking rugby. I do feel he's the Jose Mourinho of rugby, 2 years he's great then after that the side he coaches struggles. 
Steve Diamond - plenty of experience coaching in England.
Mike Ford - coached in England and France, and most recently in America with the Dallas Griffins. He was defence coach for England in the 2007 RWC. 
Mike Rayer - current coach of Beford. He was a skilful player, possible option of DOR. 
Paul Turner - former Dragons coach, now at Ampthill. We have ties with them as a few of our young players have gone on loan there. Another possible option as DOR. 

Another name - Ben Ryan, former GB and Fiji 7s coach. He'd be great I think. When he's been a pundit he's showed his understanding of the game. 

These are just names and I am just bored! Nothing else to do currently!
eds
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

Filo Tiatia would be a great acquisition. In his playing days he was tough, honest and got stuck in, and I can imagine he's taken those qualities into coaching. Auckland have done very well recently, few finals and they won a final of the Mitre 10 few seasons ago. He'd be great, either as Head Coach, or Defence Coach with Dwayne Peel as Head Coach. 

As for other names I can think of who are free or possibly free - 
Rob Penney - experienced coach who was sacked by the Warathas recently. 
Michael Cheika - plenty of experience at club and international level. He wants a side playing attacking rugby. I do feel he's the Jose Mourinho of rugby, 2 years he's great then after that the side he coaches struggles. 
Steve Diamond - plenty of experience coaching in England.
Mike Ford - coached in England and France, and most recently in America with the Dallas Griffins. He was defence coach for England in the 2007 RWC. 
Mike Rayer - current coach of Beford. He was a skilful player, possible option of DOR. 
Paul Turner - former Dragons coach, now at Ampthill. We have ties with them as a few of our young players have gone on loan there. Another possible option as DOR. 

Another name - Ben Ryan, former GB and Fiji 7s coach. He'd be great I think. When he's been a pundit he's showed his understanding of the game. 

These are just names and I am just bored! Nothing else to do currently!

Always liked Ben Ryan. The new coach/s need to be the correct fit first & foremost. Once we decide who we then have to get them - Robin McBryde might be under contract but if he is the one I don't see negotiating his release a problem if ours is the job he wants. Still think McBryde as head coach with Dwayne as assistant is the dream ticket. I would be very surprised if we ever saw a McBryde prepared team play with such disinterest as last Sunday. 
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 2:43pm
McBryde would be great!
eds
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 2:55pm
Another option as a defence coach is Chris Horsman. 
eds
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 2:56pm
Mike Ford god no guys clueless.

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 3:24pm
Ben Ryan would be great as a skills coach as let’s be honest our basic skills have been woeful in some of our games this season. Not sure what’s his experience in 15 a side rugby if he were to become a full attack coach as he’s more famous as a 7s coach.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:51pm
McBride as head coach and peel as his assistant would be great, however, I believe that Peel would possibly want more than an assistant coach job.  Perhaps they could swap it around, peel as head coach and McBride as assistant/forwards coach.
I too have always liked Ben Ryan, he comes across as knowing the 15 man game well, despite his 7s pedigree.  As a skills/attack coach he could be an interesting addition to the coaching setup.  There are a lot of similarities between the way Pivac and Steve like/d the 15 man game to be played and 7s rugby, with forwards staying on their feet and offloading in contact or just before contact, forwards playing in the centre/wider channels etc.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:56pm
Would people like Mark Jones as coach if Delaney left 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 9:05pm

Good one hoppy LOLWinkClap
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:07pm
Joshua24:15
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 8:19am

Mark had a good stint at the Crusaders and coaching at that team would make me and you look like world class coaches. But remember when he was backs coach - our backs couldn't string a move together.

One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 47>
  Share Topic