Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 313>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 10:30pm
Add me to the list of fans sorry to see Ed Kennedy going, if that ends up being confirmed.

There are a few in this category and while we can understand the need to trim the squad with COVID affecting finances, the WRU cutting off almost all the oxygen to our revenue that we are due plus heaping a loan onto us.

I’m not convinced that the streamlining of the fixture list to prevent international and club fixture conflicts is going to reduce our need for players outside the national squad. For player welfare and pitch time etc, the stars won’t be playing many more games than they do now.

Ed is one one, of a good few we can name, who gave everything for the shirt. Yet, it seems that these guys will not be with us next season.

We’ve put up with a lot of dross this year already without suffering further. 

True, we don’t know who is up for renewal and who isn’t so force of circumstance may have been the reason, rather than Lady Luck.

Whichever way you look, it’s not good news.

We need to remain in business. If only there was an easier path so to do.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Add me to the list of fans sorry to see Ed Kennedy going, if that ends up being confirmed.

There are a few in this category and while we can understand the need to trim the squad with COVID affecting finances, the WRU cutting off almost all the oxygen to our revenue that we are due plus heaping a loan onto us.

I’m not convinced that the streamlining of the fixture list to prevent international and club fixture conflicts is going to reduce our need for players outside the national squad. For player welfare and pitch time etc, the stars won’t be playing many more games than they do now.

Ed is one one, of a good few we can name, who gave everything for the shirt. Yet, it seems that these guys will not be with us next season.

We’ve put up with a lot of dross this year already without suffering further. 

True, we don’t know who is up for renewal and who isn’t so force of circumstance may have been the reason, rather than Lady Luck.

Whichever way you look, it’s not good news.

We need to remain in business. If only there was an easier path so to do.

Well said. What concerns me is that Ed is a young one, must be 25/26? Player to build into a long term back row and able to get a good few years out of. Rawlins is 31, Blade 30, Aaron 33, all have missed notable amounts of rugby time to time. Don’t doubt their commitment at all, but we’re relying heavily on players above 30 with injury records.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 11:26pm
Sione well into his 30s and cubby must be pushing 30 now. All 5 will need replacing within 24 months

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 12:32am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sione well into his 30s and cubby must be pushing 30 now. All 5 will need replacing within 24 months
Ideally Carwyn can step up at 8, and we’ve got Macleod and Davis at 7, but need another at 7 for backup.
I see Iestyn Rees and Joseph Miles as backrowers in the squad, but not much about them.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 12:37am

Cubby is 30 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 1:04am
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Cubby is 30 
Cubby’s head knocks worry me, he’s been sidelined along with Revs and Samson since late last year.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 7:24am
Losing Ed Kennedy will be a big blow with all the resources we've already lost but as already said we don't know the issue surrounding this, is it down to lack of game time? Is it down to covid restrictions stopping him from travelling home Regularly , or was it something he was always planning on doing when he reached this age. He's experienced a few years in a different country playing rugby and now it's time for him to head home.

I don't think he would have struggled to get a contract with another team if it was simply us not renewing his contract
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 10:51am
Is he actually going? 
Seemed more of a joke to me in response to a tweet to name the first player on the lions team sheet. 

His reply to lousi was why you always lying?! 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Is he actually going? 
Seemed more of a joke to me in response to a tweet to name the first player on the lions team sheet. 

Yes
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Is he actually going? 

Yes
cheers 

Tex, Kruger, Cassiem, Asquith now Kennedy, probably Schultz...all NWQs.
New batch incoming as part of the all blacks partnership perhaps!? 

Edited by PE SA - 16 April 2021 at 11:33am
PenScarlet44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PenScarlet44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 12:38pm

Is he actually going? 

Yes
Yes it's a joke about the liins
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 12:55pm
Twitter message youngster harri doel on loan to Worcester from scarlets.
🔁 Welcome to Sixways wing/full-back @harri_doel who joins us on loan from Scarlets.

Team news coming in 15 minutes! https://t.co/9K52G1XVAY

Edited by turkishrebel - 16 April 2021 at 12:56pm
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 1:35pm

Crikey.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 1:59pm

Is he actually going? 

Yes
cheers 

Tex, Kruger, Cassiem, Asquith now Kennedy, probably Schultz...all NWQs.
New batch incoming as part of the all blacks partnership perhaps!? 
If we're downsizing the squad from 65 to 50, can you see a 'batch' of players coming in? 

Hopefully a couple in the areas we look shortest, but something gives me the feeling that we're going to be looking at the academy for replacements.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:22pm
Yep...2 or 3 recruits ( one already in)...maybe a project player or two to fill a squad gap...
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:30pm
If this true a disaster we are keeping players well either past their best or injury prone like  Cubby, Shingler Blade, Phillips, who I rate highly, Rawlins and Josh and getting rid of young proven quality players who rarely appear to get injured. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 313>
  Share Topic