Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 263264265266267 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 9:26am
who in the world wouldnt want skelton in their team! i did feel sorry for leinster on the weekend (never thought i would say that). it was like men against boys with him carrying the ball. scary how big he is. 
we do need a quality 2nd row, we have lost 2 big physical men who could carry the ball, we dont have a 2nd row of that ilk now in the squad. 

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 9:43am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

who in the world wouldnt want skelton in their team! i did feel sorry for leinster on the weekend (never thought i would say that). it was like men against boys with him carrying the ball. scary how big he is. 
we do need a quality 2nd row, we have lost 2 big physical men who could carry the ball, we dont have a 2nd row of that ilk now in the squad. 

If we  want someone like Skelton, why not his younger brother Cameron, and at 6ft 10 and 24st plus  he  is taller and heavier.
Oh and more of a realistic target

Edited by shocker - 05 May 2021 at 9:44am
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 9:56am
sounds good to me shocker!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:02am
As has been alluded to previously I think the thing that concerns me is we don't seem to be publicly linked to anyone. In this day & age it's hard to keep everything under wraps & there seems to be no players linked to us. 
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 11:39am
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

If we  want someone like Skelton, why not his younger brother Cameron, and at 6ft 10 and 24st plus  he  is taller and heavier.
The fact that he’s related to Skelton, is that big, and still no professional team even sees him fit to take a punt on probably says a lot about the standard of player you’re looking at there.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

The fact that he’s related to Skelton, is that big, and still no professional team even sees him fit to take a punt on probably says a lot about the standard of player you’re looking at there.

Was merely pointing out if you want  a Skelton there  is more chance of signing his younger brother.
Not saying  he is any good, available or on his way.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I thought Blade has said he is no longer available for internationals??
Nope, only hope that he is. He’s given nothing to actually say “I’m not available anymore”.
He's hardly ever available for us either. Very underwhelming news that he's staying.  Good when he's good but a bit of a luxury when compared to Casseim.
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Nope, only hope that he is. He’s given nothing to actually say “I’m not available anymore”.
He's hardly ever available for us either. Very underwhelming news that he's staying.  Good when he's good but a bit of a luxury when compared to Casseim.
That's harsh.
Blade is a quality operator however has been dogged by injuries since he arrived.
Also he got picked by Scotland which took him out of the picture and perhaps that wasn't expected.
If he had a run of games, he has the class to be a huge asset !!!ClapClap
Page the oracle
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 3:32pm
We keep on being told that Blade "is quality" but I'm afraid that if I had to rely on my own eyes to make the assessment "very average" would probably be the most favourable comment I could come up with based on his performances in a Scarlet jersey.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

That's harsh.
Blade is a quality operator however has been dogged by injuries since he arrived.
Also he got picked by Scotland which took him out of the picture and perhaps that wasn't expected.

You may be right however as it stands he is not a huge asset. Someone posted earlier he has cost circa £31,000 a match for us which is just not great in any light.

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

We keep on being told that Blade "is quality" but I'm afraid that if I had to rely on my own eyes to make the assessment "very average" would probably be the most favourable comment I could come up with  based on his performances in a Scarlet jersey.
We need him playing for us regularly for. Couple of years. We have had only a modest contribution from him so far 
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

That's harsh.

Like you say, “If he had a run of games” but unfortunately I don’t see them coming if the past 2 years is anything to go by, and wasn’t he signed with the same sort of injury record for Hurricanes? 

Edited by crj89 - 06 May 2021 at 6:58pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:20am
There’s rumours of a back row signing. If what I’ve read is true then I’d suggest we’ve invested well.
Formerly Pemberton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Pemberton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

There’s rumours of a back row signing. If what I’ve read is true then I’d suggest we’ve invested well.
Sounds intruiging, any chance of sharing what you've read?
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 7:12am
I m waiting the All Blacks selection, if Havili will be out of the team, as I suppose, I think we should be fast to sign him...He is the centre that we miss at the moment, can cover more roles and he is a fantastic players. Also, I m thinking, thanks to our connection to NZ, we can take players from downunder, specially who want a sabbatical years in Europe...
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Formerly Pemberton Formerly Pemberton wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Sounds intruiging, any chance of sharing what you've read?

Tomos Lezana, Jaguares and now Western Force Argentinian flanker. Seen him play a few times in Super rugby.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 263264265266267 389>
  Share Topic