Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 282>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 8:51am
[QUOTE=turkishrebel]think jimmy we were looking to slim down the squad and i think he was signed until the end of the season. shame as he did look good and know with javan being called up for scotland he might have been the better option to keep as javan will become nwq if he gets capped by the scots.
hindsight is a wonderful thing. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

[QUOTE=turkishrebel]think jimmy we were looking to slim down the squad and i think he was signed until the end of the season. shame as he did look good and know with javan being called up for scotland he might have been the better option to keep as javan will become nwq if he gets capped by the scots.
I concur. If Javan gets capped by the Scots then he cannot be given a valued NWQ role.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 9:41am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

It's head of performance not DoR, not sure how that alters the hierarchy with Dwayne coming in but somewhat of a distinction nonetheless
Head of Performance has got nothing to do with coaching he’s basically head of S&C. It’s basically the same role Trystan Bevan has taken up with Cardiff. 
Ta
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

I concur. If Javan gets capped by the Scots then he cannot be given a valued NWQ role.
He's only just signed an extension this year Pinch
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 9:48am
I don’t see him as a regular in the scottish squad so i wouldn’t worry about it. Wgj missed the welsh squad i see maybe hell be here all season
jimmywilde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 10:20am
Thanks for the replies.
I appreciate he was initially only brought in as short term cover.
Samson and Javan are both quality but I just wonder about availability.
Hopefully it all works out next year and we storm to the PRO 16 title.
Ymlaen! 

Often visit, rarely post.
I like to consider myself a well behaved lurker.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by jimmywilde jimmywilde wrote:

Thanks for the replies.
I appreciate he was initially only brought in as short term cover.
Samson and Javan are both quality but I just wonder about availability.
Hopefully it all works out next year and we storm to the PRO 16 title.
Ymlaen! 

In terms of availability, by all accounts we won't be playing on International weekends so we shouldn't struggle with call ups & unavailability/player release. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 10:26am
Cant see how we won’t be giving the number of games wales play and training camps etc
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 10:50am
Simon Muderack said we may not have the internationals 1 or 2 weekends during the season, but the problem is these players cannot play all the internationals and then play all the scarlets games, they will need to be rested.
its why we are bringing in a head of performance (not a head of rugby as someone has already said) to monitor players workloads etc. 
it was mentioned in the meeting that at times we have been without 40% (something similar to that figure0 of the squad for games due to injuries etc.
jimmywilde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 11:38am
I meant through international call-ups and injury.
I was a bit vague.

Often visit, rarely post.
I like to consider myself a well behaved lurker.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 11:45am
If the head of performance reduces the number of injuries we have by even one or two he’d have already proved worth the risk expense so I see this as a very wise step by whoever made the decision.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

If the head of performance reduces the number of injuries we have by even one or two he’d have already proved worth the risk expense so I see this as a very wise step by whoever made the decision.

A large part of our lengthy injuries this season have been due to concussions, I fail to see how a head of performance can reduce this... 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

A large part of our lengthy injuries this season have been due to concussions, I fail to see how a head of performance can reduce this... 
There have also been a good few (too many?) hamstrings that have gone and you’d hope that is something much more addressable, possibly more in a preventative way than rehab.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 12:56pm
i think its down to the amount of contact training we have been doing in training and the structure of training, a lot of the injuries we have had have been in training itself and that is down to the workload each player is going through.
director of performance can monitor this and i think we will have less injuries (lets hope)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 1:15pm

i think its down to the amount of contact training we have been doing in training and the structure of training, a lot of the injuries we have had have been in training itself and that is down to the workload each player is going through.
director of performance can monitor this and i think we will have less injuries (lets hope)

I agree Steve. I put this question to Simon Muderack on Monday's Q and A. I read an article with regards Sale Rugby club, after a number of early season injuries in training , contact in training was cut back massively .
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Some maybe instead of getting a head of performance, we get a performance of head?
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 282>
  Share Topic