Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Crystal ball would have been useful. That way we’d know that Cubby, Lezana, Macloed and Dan Davis would all be injured at the same time, and we could have kept Boyde.

And you can add Jac Morgan to the unexpectedly unavailable and Tom Phillips to the back row injury list.
So how's Iestyn Rees coming along - I assume that as hooker Shaun Evans has been playing 7 (quite well) that he isn't ready yet, or is he injured too ?
Sponsored Links

Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2021 at 1:21pm
I’d gladly take Olly Robinson from Cardiff on loan or for a season or two.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2021 at 5:28pm
I would take Reffell if he became available.  Pivac claims that he’s spoken to Reffell about his style of play not suiting Wales, that would make him a very good signing as he’s likely to be available for more regional rugby (injury permitting).
He’s a Bridgend boy so Ospreys would be his home region, but he was never involved with them at a semi or professional level having been given a scholarship with Leicester Tigers.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I would take Reffell if he became available.  Pivac claims that he’s spoken to Reffell about his style of play not suiting Wales, that would make him a very good signing as he’s likely to be available for more regional rugby (injury permitting).
He’s a Bridgend boy so Ospreys would be his home region, but he was never involved with them at a semi or professional level having been given a scholarship with Leicester Tigers.

So potentially no affinity with them, and of course, there is the Sam Costellow connection ?
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2021 at 5:56pm
We're crying out for another 7.

Macleod is an outstanding player but could be back in the Welsh setup sooner rather than later if he picks up where he left off. 

We've seen what sort of impact signing someone later in their career can have, Barclay for instance. Someone like Sam Lewis could be good for us.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2021 at 6:11pm

if pivac wont play him for wales there is no real urgency for him to come back to wales. Why pivac feels the need go public with his comments so often is a puzzle. He reAlly should keep his thoughts to himself at times

Edited by RR1972 - 02 November 2021 at 6:12pm
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2021 at 8:07pm
Olly Cracknell of to Irish - was always impressed with him. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

if pivac wont play him for wales there is no real urgency for him to come back to wales. Why pivac feels the need go public with his comments so often is a puzzle. He reAlly should keep his thoughts to himself at times

It happens far too often to not be a policy of Pivacs & in this case it does appear total nonsense. The Tigers this season are playing an all court game which, correct me if I am wrong, is Pivac's stated desire. I am all for players privately being kept informed of why they haven't been selected but it doesn't really seem to be Pivac's forte if the feedback from Sam Davies & Jonah Holmes is to be believed. 

The Welsh International set up, which has succeeded to buck the regional trend over the past years, looks in danger of falling off a cliff this Autumn/next 6 nations which may expose the total lack of thinking at the top of Welsh rugby. Maybe what we really need - write off the 2023 tournament and get back to building from the bottom up & not trying to do it from the top down.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 1:25pm
`Pivac claims that he’s spoken to Reffell about his style of play not suiting Wales` - what does that even mean?? What, winning the ball at the breakdown? Same as Jac? Just seems bizarre.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

`Pivac claims that he’s spoken to Reffell about his style of play not suiting Wales` - what does that even mean?? What, winning the ball at the breakdown? Same as Jac? Just seems bizarre.

Yes supertaf it sounds like a load of boll...ks to me. He also stated that both Jac and Reffell were playing in teams that didn't play like Wales wanted to play - again if thats the case then why would he select Tipuric when fit?? You couldn't make it up. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 2:04pm
I’ve mentioned here before that I don’t think Pivac’s media game is well thought through - seems like he’s just saying what comes to his head rather than thinking about consequences and what sort of reaction he wants from his squad, players or opponents 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 2:07pm

I suspect he means in terms of what they do when their team has the ball. He’s a willing grafter, but not a particularly dynamic carrier or great ball handler. 
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I suspect he means in terms of what they do when their team has the ball. He’s a willing grafter, but not a particularly dynamic carrier or great ball handler. 

I suspect it's more to do with whatever the latest fantasies of Hump are...
What's going on?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 3:53pm

That may be said about Reffell but certainly it does not apply to Jac who has good hands and a fantastic rugby brain as he showed time and again last season. I don't by the way begrudge Basham the shirt - he is a quality player but Jac in particular for me adds more than Jenkins at the moment.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 4:06pm
I’m a big fan of Reffel and Basham, but we do have a new signing, as the thread title suggests in Lezana, who impressed in a cameo appearance. Let’s give him and a returning Mcloed a chance before we start talking about replacements for them. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2021 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

That may be said about Reffell but certainly it does not apply to Jac who has good hands and a fantastic rugby brain as he showed time and again last season. I don't by the way begrudge Basham the shirt - he is a quality player but Jac in particular for me adds more than Jenkins at the moment.
Jac got blown away in the one game we played against an opponent that brought international level intensity and physicality last season (Sale). Our established internationals arguably performed worse than him, but they have already proven themselves as having what it takes. Jac hasn’t yet. 

I would’ve had him in the match day squad last week as I’m not a big fan of having locks playing or covering the backrow, but now Young and Jenkins are available I think it’s fair that they’re ahead of him at the moment. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316>
  Share Topic