Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 344345346347348 353>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2022 at 11:53am
good to keep foxy, just wonder if foxys contract is just scarlets or joint with wru? also how long is it?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2022 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

New contract for Foxy.

Very pleased with that. He has played well in recent games. 

Scott has been outstanding this season, and we were unlucky to lose him for the rest of the season. I hope that he makes a full recovery over the summer. We'll need him next year. However, Foxy has, for me, shown that he is gettting back to near his best in recent games, and has led from the front.

Bles iawn Jon. Dal ati.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2022 at 1:39pm
The thought of foxy with us for sat 2 years or so is excellent news. He is still unfortunately on the Wales radar as it would be great to have him free of all the Wales commitments for the next couple of years in Llanelli 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2022 at 4:42pm
Great news!Hope to see him for another decade.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 9:33am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

good to keep foxy, just wonder if foxys contract is just scarlets or joint with wru? also how long is it?

These are important points, along with the fact that he's already 34 years old. Hopefully the promising young centres already in the pipeline will not feel discouraged and want to leave. As he is also our captain, Peel will also be very reluctant to drop him, even when the rigours of an age playing body bashing rugby begin to catch up.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 9:44am
Two things that are becoming clear in Peel’s philosophy.

He values experience, so long as it’s match day 23 level ( when all players available).

Other than that he prefers to give youth every chance to develop.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Poor comment.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 9:50am
this renew it s a good news for us, but need to understand also the wru plans...maybe the want foxy on form for the next rwc and with us we see him used like irfu did with Sexton...
At the moment he is in best condition, maybe he needs more time then others for find the right fitness and it s normal considering he s in  mature age stage
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Poor comment.

Yes Dic that is uncalled for. I understand your critique of Jon & much of it is accurate but suggesting he doesn't have anything to offer the Scarlets going forward is way off the mark. I also note that you were very quiet about Rhys Patchell's performance last weekend having suggested that his career at the top level was over. 

Building a competitive team is surely a balancing act between getting the best from top level players who have passed their peak & blooding exciting young talent. From what I have seen this season Dwayne is getting that balance right and is building his squad for the future. He will continue to have my full support. At last we have a coach who doesn't need to utter platitudes about getting it - he has been there and been it.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 10:14am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Poor comment.

Yes Dic that is uncalled for. I understand your critique of Jon & much of it is accurate but suggesting he doesn't have anything to offer the Scarlets going forward is way off the mark. I also note that you were very quiet about Rhys Patchell's performance last weekend having suggested that his career at the top level was over. 

Building a competitive team is surely a balancing act between getting the best from top level players who have passed their peak & blooding exciting young talent. From what I have seen this season Dwayne is getting that balance right and is building his squad for the future. He will continue to have my full support. At last we have a coach who doesn't need to utter platitudes about getting it - he has been there and been it.

Little to gain from challenging Dic on any of his views on players with fact based data. It’s set in binary only. In or out.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 10:54am

Poor comment.

I said that Patchell is no longer the player he was-I'll stand by that.I noticed many praised him last week(nobody mentioning his poor goal-kicking),but I don't believe he did a great deal.Any objective observer would admit that be was outplayed by Davies.Davies is very much a graduate of the'sefyll yn stond"school of outside -halves,but at times last week he was allowed to resemble Phil Bennett-ask yourself why that was.

Pardon me for being less than entbusiastic about having to pay to watch Jon Davies again next season-his failings were all too evident last week,again.Then again,some people have an interest in the clubsigning players of a certain age,regardless of other considerations.I want what I view to be value for my money.In the real world lots of people feel the same way-honest .
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 11:13am
davies outplayed patchell? what game were you watching? like the dig about patchells goalkicking....couldnt resist it could you?
foxey had a good game last week, what failings? sorry really do think you need to go to specsavers. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 11:25am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

davies outplayed patchell? what game were you watching? like the dig about patchells goalkicking....couldnt resist it could you?
foxey had a good game last week, what failings? sorry really do think you need to go to specsavers. 

Evans andHughes in Ammanford sorted me out,thanks.As for blind obedience,tacit acceptance and passive consumerism......you probably need a neurologist.Or you could get out more often.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 11:29am

Poor comment.

I said that Patchell is no longer the player he was-I'll stand by that.I noticed many praised him last week(nobody mentioning his poor goal-kicking),but I don't believe he did a great deal.Any objective observer would admit that be was outplayed by Davies.Davies is very much a graduate of the'sefyll yn stond"school of outside -halves,but at times last week he was allowed to resemble Phil Bennett-ask yourself why that was.

Pardon me for being less than entbusiastic about having to pay to watch Jon Davies again next season-his failings were all too evident last week,again.Then again,some people have an interest in the clubsigning players of a certain age,regardless of other considerations.I want what I view to be value for my money.In the real world lots of people feel the same way-honest .
Davies’s tackling was worth 15 points to us alone.
Patchells distribution was one of the reasons we had so many breaks by others.
I was worried about his injury record but when fit is in my opinion the best 10 in Wales. 
As for Foxy he cheap at half the price as Wales will be paying 80% of his wages. He did make some nice breaks and perhaps he could have done better with his passing but his experience will be invaluable to the young centres we have coming through.
Everyone entitled to their opinion but I think you are a bit off with your analysis on this one. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Poor comment.

Davies’s tackling was worth 15 points to us alone.
Patchells distribution was one of the reasons we had so many breaks by others.
I was worried about his injury record but when fit is in my opinion the best 10 in Wales. 
As for Foxy he cheap at half the price as Wales will be paying 80% of his wages. He did make some nice breaks and perhaps he could have done better with his passing but his experience will be invaluable to the young centres we have coming through.
Everyone entitled to their opinion but I think you are a bit off with your analysis on this one. 

Fox missed Warren for the try,and cost another 10,arguably,by failing to find the outside man on 2 occasions-isn't that what a centre's meant to do?So that's 17 points.Other than that we'll agree to differ.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2022 at 12:22pm
god you must be absolutely ancient if you had your eyes tested there Dic. i would suggest going to another opticians as i think you prescription has seriously changed. 
i would suggest you visiting a neurologist as you certainly love talking about yourself.
i get out enough dont worry, but its obvious you dont as you were certainly not watching the same game i was. 
you seriously have a grudge against some of our players. not fit into your ego is it? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 344345346347348 353>
  Share Topic