Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 9:28pm
Good news that Lezana is staying. It's pretty much a known thing that new players take a season to settle. Look to see him shine next season. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 1:26pm
that's that one out then! Eddie calls up Arundel.
Joshua24:15
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 12:36pm
Taylor coming back after season at RP
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 1:57pm
Good. He came through the system and played a lot with the Rfc in younger days.He’s got bigger and done well. He has progressed. Good to see this loan working. A win for the player and the Dragons and the Scarlets in saving budget. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

that's that one out then! Eddie calls up Arundel.

Pity there is not a Harrow School in Llanelli “old bean’’ 😉

Tbh the chances of him choosing Wales was about zero. I thought he might opt for Ireland considering the long association with London Irish. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
N14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Taylor coming back after season at RP

Good news for us. However, he's had a decent amount of game time with Dragons, so I can't help but feel it would be in his best interests to remain there. Still, I hope he manages to get a chance to impress at Parc y Scarlets next season!
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 3:13pm
Tommy Reffell picked for SA, will this mean a relocation to Wales?!!

Edited by surfing-mtber - 18 May 2022 at 3:15pm
Joshua24:15
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 3:14pm

Tommy Reffel picked for SA, will this mean a relocation to Wales?!!

Dont know, was talking to a Tigers fan who said they didnt announce how long the deal he signed 2 years ago was for...
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 3:15pm

Tommy Reffel picked for SA, will this mean a relocation to Wales?!!

I heard a rumour that he was going to sign for us, but then Pivac messed things up by saying that Reffel, and Jac Morgan, didn't suit Pivac's game plan. So Tommy decided to stay at the Tigers. Thanks Wayne !!!!!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 4:12pm
His contract is up at the end of next season - if he gets capped in SA and with the 60 cap ruling, at the end of his current contract he’ll have to sign for a welsh region to continue to play for the national team - unless he isn’t offered anything (which would be extraordinary considering his consistency at the tiger’).

Seagultaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

His contract is up at the end of next season - if he gets capped in SA and with the 60 cap ruling, at the end of his current contract he’ll have to sign for a welsh region to continue to play for the national team - unless he isn’t offered anything (which would be extraordinary considering his consistency at the tiger’).

I thought that not being offered a contract by a Welsh region was no longer relevant. So my understanding is, if a player has been capped and has not amassed 60 caps by the time their contract is up for renewal, then they have to play in Wales to be eligible to be selected for Wales. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 4:28pm

I think he signs for us, Cardiff - Young and Botham, Dragons have Basham and Griffiths Ospreys have - Morgan and Justin. Yes we have Macleod and Lezana but I think Reffell comes to us over the other regions simply due to the fact we are better suited to his style of play. He likes to be the link player between backs and forwards.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 4:37pm

I wonder if he’ll sign a new contract before the tour so he can stay in Leicester longer, Tom Francis-style. It would put him at a disadvantage against the Welsh based 7s, but he might bet on himself performing so well that he’s selected anyway. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I wonder if he’ll sign a new contract before the tour so he can stay in Leicester longer, Tom Francis-style. It would put him at a disadvantage against the Welsh based 7s, but he might bet on himself performing so well that he’s selected anyway. 
Didnt the WRU put something in to stop that happening after the Francis and LRZ extensions? 
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

I think he signs for us, Cardiff - Young and Botham, Dragons have Basham and Griffiths Ospreys have - Morgan and Justin. Yes we have Macleod and Lezana but I think Reffell comes to us over the other regions simply due to the fact we are better suited to his style of play. He likes to be the link player between backs and forwards.
If he doesn’t come to us then it’s a disgrace all the other regions have had far more players in the 38 or prospective intls than we have.
In fact the only one I can think of is WGJ in last 5 years. 
Cardiff have had Amos, Adams, Young, Liam and Toby
Ospreys Anscombe Francis, North, Collins, Cuthbert and AWJ paid for 
Dragons have had Rowlands, Thompson, Holmes amongst others. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
TigsMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigsMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 8:46pm

Unless he signs/signed a new deal before being capped. 

Edited by TigsMan - 18 May 2022 at 8:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352>
  Share Topic