Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

So he’s went because he’s from the area, then they offered double what we offered, then they offered treble. Something tells me there’s a few rumours amongst them. 

I said almost treble, my thoughts meaning above double and less than treble, not rumour when it’s come from who it has.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I heard Jac was offered twice what Scarlets offered him, our offer was embarrassing. 
Ospreys are a sh*t organisation though. Just thought I'd get that in.

But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if we offered him £50k and they doubled it. An excellent prospect. 
We're still still here!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:09pm
If thats the case then it was probably not our best piece of business. On the other hand if Fifita comes that will one of our very best deals in recent years. 
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:46pm
My understanding is that Jac didn't leave for more money as under the PRB agreement between the 4 regions,players couldn't move between each region for more money just rugby reasons..I may be wrong thou!!
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:48pm
Heard this morning that Josh Adams had signed for us, season after next. I guess when his Cardiff contract runs out. Anyone else heard something similar? Are these sorts of deals made in rugby? 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Dai Guevara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:50pm
Jac Morgan, at 19, had captained the Scarlets and in every match he'd played in made very useful contributions, surely he was worth a competitive offer?
He's not the complete player as he has little outright pace but more than makes up for that by using the grey matter so much better than most and getting through huge amounts of work in attack and defence.
Rob Hunt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 2:07pm
We had a thread about Jac Morgan going to the parasites over the bridge. It ran from 10th January to 9th March last year and built up to 46 pages. I don’t see any reason to resurrect this now, surely it was done to exhaustion last year. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 2:14pm
Great point.
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Heard this morning that Josh Adams had signed for us, season after next. I guess when his Cardiff contract runs out. Anyone else heard something similar? Are these sorts of deals made in rugby? 

That would be a good signing. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

We had a thread about Jac Morgan going to the parasites over the bridge. It ran from 10th January to 9th March last year and built up to 46 pages. I don’t see any reason to resurrect this now, surely it was done to exhaustion last year. 
My interest is in the recruitment process and who signs off on what eg the pay at different levels.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

My interest is in the recruitment process and who signs off on what eg the pay at different levels.

My initial response was to illustrate the fact that we can offer more or less what we see fit for Tommy Reffell, I feel Macleod is up there with him, but injuries are building up. Should be our No. 1 priority along with another lock.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 8:39pm

LOLLOLLOL
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2022 at 11:32am

Can't think why anyone would do that. Too many risks for both sides, so it sounds like BS to be honest.
We're still still here!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327
  Share Topic