FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Testimonials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testimonials
    Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:29pm
absolutely!
Sponsored Links

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:14pm
agreed.the beast is one of ours.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Scarletprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:12pm

It is Robin's testimonial this season, and rightfully deserved too. Now theres a player for you who shows loyalty and comitment to the club, he is brilliant !

Edited by Scarletprincess
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:48pm
fully behind you on this one though.

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:14pm
as i posted in the "proud of gareth jenkins" thread, i think he deserves a testimonial as much as anyone.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:35pm

i do agree that it now seems to be an ongoing thing  for testimonials,

charity race night,charity cricket,charity dinner,charity clothes show,etc etc.

i dont mind contributing towards any good cause but where do you stop.

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Originally posted by Lino Lino wrote:

Who said I felt bitter about it. I don't . It is about choice, thats why I don't ever support these events.

You said "but why do we (the fans) have to fork out even more so they (who are earning loats more than us) can have even more money. Thats all I'm asking. I don't think it's right somehow."

You infer that there is an obligation on fans to pay for a testimonial ("why do we (the fans) have to fork out even more...)"

sigh

Through Thick And Thin!
Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 2:32pm
i can see what lino is saying, we (the fans) do feel obliged to go to these events and pay, becuase if we didnt, then the player whos given all their loyalty to the club, wouldnt have the recognition they deserve, and thats unfair. it is a choice but u do feel u have to go to support this player
There ain't no lovin' like West Virginia lovin'
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 1:24pm

Who said I felt bitter about it. I don't . It is about choice, thats why I don't ever support these events.

You said "but why do we (the fans) have to fork out even more so they (who are earning loats more than us) can have even more money. Thats all I'm asking. I don't think it's right somehow."

You infer that there is an obligation on fans to pay for a testimonial ("why do we (the fans) have to fork out even more...)"

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

But why do we (the fans) have to fork out even more so they (who are earning loats more than us) can have even more money. Thats all I'm asking. I don't think it's right somehow.

Why do you feel you have to? You really don't. No need to feel bitter about it - it's purely choice.

*not gonna start the market forces debate again this week*

Through Thick And Thin!
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 12:53pm

But why do we (the fans) have to fork out even more so they (who are earning loats more than us) can have even more money. Thats all I'm asking. I don't think it's right somehow.

Why do you feel you have to? You really don't. No need to feel bitter about it - it's purely choice.

*not gonna start the market forces debate again this week*

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 9:38pm
Through Thick And Thin!
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 12:55pm
So what I'm trying to say (!) is that it's not a gesture - more a business decision.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 12:50pm

It's part of a players contract nowadays.

For example Celtic couldn't stretch to the offers made to Henrik Larsson a few years back, so the put a testimonial into his contract knowing how idolised he was and suddenly they have found an extra £2m.

Fans happy, player happy, club happy.

If we go for Stephen in two years time, I imagine we'll offer him the same thing knowing that we can't compete with his Montferrand wages.

Makes sense to me.

Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 12:31pm
being a bit contradictory to my last post but all deserved,can't say any of those 3 have given less than 100% for the shirt,same as the others who've had testemonials. 
scarletchick View Drop Down
HUA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 8:12am
I THINK there's 3 in a row. Robin, Wyatt and Scott.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic