FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 353>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #Tnewsday Signings
    Posted: 15 hours 51 minutes ago at 4:55pm

Emyr Phillips done a decent job,since Rich Kelly left ..
Did  not know he was now in the Ospreys set up,until Bulls game .

Dai Flanagan leaving not a loss for me ,watched him closely while involved with RFC and Scarlets development teams , sadly not well prepared teams .
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 27 minutes ago at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

So Dai Flanagan looks like he’s going to the WRU Dragons (possibly as head coach with Dean Ryan moving upstairs- in other words not good enough but too expensive to sack).
If this move comes off for Flanagan then who’s like Kelly to replace him at PYS.  There aren’t many candidates that I can think of, other than Mark Jones (who has gone on to coach Wales and at the most successful team in super rugby since he was with us last time).
Any thoughts?

Will mark jones be as successful with our squad. You need decent players too. 

Edited by SA14 - 16 hours 26 minutes ago at 4:20pm
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 57 minutes ago at 3:49pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

So Dai Flanagan looks like he’s going to the WRU Dragons (possibly as head coach with Dean Ryan moving upstairs- in other words not good enough but too expensive to sack).
If this move comes off for Flanagan then who’s like Kelly to replace him at PYS.  There aren’t many candidates that I can think of, other than Mark Jones (who has gone on to coach Wales and at the most successful team in super rugby since he was with us last time).
Any thoughts?

Who knows with Dwayne's connections. He may come from outside of Wales. To be fair, I think that our attack has improved a lot this season, but we do need to be yet more clinical in the 22m area. 
Given that Dwayne’s main expertise and experience is as an Attack Coach I doubt we’d replace Flanagan with anyone expensive. Possibly another recently retired player with the right sort of temperament and analytical brain, like Franks. 
christaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 9 minutes ago at 3:37pm
Hogan came to us very well thought of as a coach but with no expertise in the defence side of the game. Why not bring in a dedicated defence coach and move hogan to a position that he would be more comfortable with and also getting the best out of his coaching potential. The attack side of our game is going very well and I'm sure that would continue with dwayne in position 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 7 minutes ago at 2:39pm

Any thoughts?

Who knows with Dwayne's connections. He may come from outside of Wales. To be fair, I think that our attack has improved a lot this season, but we do need to be yet more clinical in the 22m area. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 11 minutes ago at 2:35pm
Any thoughts?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 9:23pm
Cheers both, was as I thought but was hoping for one more signing. 

In other news I see Rees-Zammit & Johnny Williams are holidaying together again, might be handy when he has to come back to Wales. 
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 8:56pm
Spent all our money on Fifita LOL

Heard it was mega bucks 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 5:56pm
the reasoning for lower squads was that no games would take place during internationals so no need for such a large squad.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 3:42pm
doesnt sound like it Fscarlet. think we are cutting our clothe according to size. reduction in funding will affect. think we need to get a few off our budget at end of next season before we can dip into recruitment again.
but never say never.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 3:07pm
Does anyone know if there are any more signings in the pipeline or know of any rumours?

Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:33pm
Thank you Peter
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Peter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:34am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Any news on Fifita? I notice hes not in the Wasps squad again. They have him down as injured. I hope were not signi g another to keep the medics busy.

On the positive side however, he’s avoided being battered for a few months to no avail in England and will arrive with us for pre season nicely rested . Sounds good to me. 
Nothing serious 
Peter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:33am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Any news on Fifita? I notice hes not in the Wasps squad again. They have him down as injured. I hope were not signi g another to keep the medics busy.

On the positive side however, he’s avoided being battered for a few months to no avail in England and will arrive with us for pre season nicely rested . Sounds good to me. 
nothing serious 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:02am

"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 6:28am
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 353>
  Share Topic