Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christ Tshiunza

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christ Tshiunza
    Posted: 14 October 2021 at 9:33am
Well clearly our resident journo - Steff - is well connected. Congrats to the young man. Interestingly Pivac sees him as a future 6. I have been reading some press releases by Rob Baxter who describes Christ as a man mountain - 6' 7" & under 18 stone doesn't sound like a mountain but for sure he is big & will get bigger no doubt. Baxter went on to say the sky was the limit for Christ. A word of warning - less than two years ago Baxter said almost the same thing about another Welsh player - Cory Baldwin & that didn't turn out great. I wish him well. 
Sponsored Links

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 10:10am
Best of luck to this young man.However,after seeinvg him play for the Under20's,I think it's now reasonable to assume that paper talk gets you picked.
After hearing Mark Evans'comments re.the Welsh game,in a week when it has  become necessary to further enrich a tax dodging monopoly headed by a shameless,shallow billionaire in order to watch the national side play the national sport.-either that or pay over £100 for a ticket,or give the governing body at least a week's wage to stay in their new hotel-frankly,it's all beyond digust.I can't help but think we are watching the decline-the numbers playing and watching the game will dwindle,inexorably,and we shall be left with a Mickey Mouse sport played by a privileged minority.It's rotten-to the core.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 10:15am
Stef was spot on again, tbh ive seen nothing in this kid to suggest he is ready for test rugby but i wish him well
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Stef was spot on again, tbh ive seen nothing in this kid to suggest he is ready for test rugby but i wish him well

Nor me, he didn't stand out in the U20's either to be honest but good luck to the fella. Hopefully in a couple of years we will be praying our board signs him up!
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 11:12am
I think his call up was made for avoid that english could call him in the next future...He didn t impress me in U20 but no doubt that he s a real talent...
I knew about him 1 years ago in an article it talks about the next generation players...
at the same time I think it s very difficoult for Pivac made call up and think about competion with other national teams...
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 2:41pm
Wales were very poor in last season's U20 competition, but of a very limited pack about all you could say was that Tshiunza was the best and certainly has the size and physicality to progress. That said he's certainly not ready for the All Blacks - maybe on the bench for Fiji.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 3:32pm
Not sure that I've seen him play (maybe for the U-20s), but he wants to play for Wales, which is important - and the English could easily 'pinch' him - so it's better to have him in the camp for an assessment.

He clearly has potential, at least - and unlike England, we don't have huge numbers of big young guys coming through. Good luck, Christ.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 11:55am
I’m glad he’s chosen Wales over England, he’s still quite young and raw but he has all the attributes to make it all the way.  I can see why Pivac has included him, he’s athletic for a second row, which suites the style of play Pivac is trying to get Wales to play.
However I’m surprised that he didn’t look at Reffell at Leicester, he’s another that is under the radar of Eddie Jones and he offers Wales something different to the other 7s in the squad.  It’s fine saying that Reffell and Jac Morgan don’t play the style of rugby that you want, or play in sides that play in a different way, but sometimes you need to change your style of play if it’s not working against certain opponents.  Plus that comment makes little sense when talking about Jac Morgan as he’d have picked Tipuric had he been fit (yet he plays in the same pack and in the same position).
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I’m glad he’s chosen Wales over England, he’s still quite young and raw but he has all the attributes to make it all the way.  I can see why Pivac has included him, he’s athletic for a second row, which suites the style of play Pivac is trying to get Wales to play.
However I’m surprised that he didn’t look at Reffell at Leicester, he’s another that is under the radar of Eddie Jones and he offers Wales something different to the other 7s in the squad.  It’s fine saying that Reffell and Jac Morgan don’t play the style of rugby that you want, or play in sides that play in a different way, but sometimes you need to change your style of play if it’s not working against certain opponents.  Plus that comment makes little sense when talking about Jac Morgan as he’d have picked Tipuric had he been fit (yet he plays in the same pack and in the same position).

Yes I saw that quote by Pivac but thought it was nonsense. The Tigers play a good brand of rugby & Reffell shows up well in the outside channels & has decent distribution from what I have seen. Likewise Jac Morgan - last season for us he was nothing short of magnificent in all fairness. i can see why Pivac has gone for some experience with Ellis Jenkins having played at this level before but i would have gone with Jac before Thomas Young every day of the week particularly as Young is not available for NZ. Basham deserves his place.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 2:22pm
Tshiunza could also be a useful 6 when he has developed and learned the ropes. Wales has a surplus of very good 7s but a player of Tshiunza's size and power anywhere in the back 5 of the pack would be useful in an increasingly physical international arena.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic