FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selection for Dragons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selection for Dragons
    Posted: 05 January 2022 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’d suggest neither Rob nor Macloed will make this weekend. Hope we get Samson, Wyn, Sebastian, Morgan Jones, Jac Price, Blacker, Foxy and 1 or 2 others back in contention though.
We'll do just fine if Wyn is available. I'd be happy with Harri and WGJ covering TH, Lezana starting at 7 and the same selection from 8-15.
Bearing in mind Foxy, Wyn and Seb were all named to play against the Blues, then i guess there admission against the Ospreys was COVID related so I would think they all come back in, although tough call on Seb/HOC. Steff H to drop out of squad, Foxy in, Lezanna for Josh, Wyn for Rob.  Don't think we'll see Rob or Josh for a while.

Apart from that, for me Patch resumes his rightful place at 10, we talk of a lack of leadership over the last 2/3 seasons, and Scott has made a massive difference coming back, the fact that Patch has played so little rugby has also contributed to this. He's an international class 10 at the end of the day. 

I'd also think about dropping Liam, if the guy wants to go to the Blues, for whatever reason, then we give the game time to Tom Rogers/Conbeer/Tomi Lewis. Granted they are not the player that Liam is at the moment, but they are our future and need as much first team exposure as possible. If not i'd move Liam to wing and play Jonny Mac 15 cause the guy is on fire. There is something reassuring about a backline that reads Davies, Patchell, Evans, S Williams, Davies, L Williams, J Mcnichol. Think we were rather good last time we regularly got those boys on the pitch at the same time!
Blinking waste of time and thought that was CryLOLCryLOL
Sponsored Links

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 4:39pm
Bugger!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

I’d suggest neither Rob nor Macloed will make this weekend. Hope we get Samson, Wyn, Sebastian, Morgan Jones, Jac Price, Blacker, Foxy and 1 or 2 others back in contention though.
We'll do just fine if Wyn is available. I'd be happy with Harri and WGJ covering TH, Lezana starting at 7 and the same selection from 8-15.
Bearing in mind Foxy, Wyn and Seb were all named to play against the Blues, then i guess there admission against the Ospreys was COVID related so I would think they all come back in, although tough call on Seb/HOC. Steff H to drop out of squad, Foxy in, Lezanna for Josh, Wyn for Rob.  Don't think we'll see Rob or Josh for a while.

Apart from that, for me Patch resumes his rightful place at 10, we talk of a lack of leadership over the last 2/3 seasons, and Scott has made a massive difference coming back, the fact that Patch has played so little rugby has also contributed to this. He's an international class 10 at the end of the day. 

I'd also think about dropping Liam, if the guy wants to go to the Blues, for whatever reason, then we give the game time to Tom Rogers/Conbeer/Tomi Lewis. Granted they are not the player that Liam is at the moment, but they are our future and need as much first team exposure as possible. If not i'd move Liam to wing and play Jonny Mac 15 cause the guy is on fire. There is something reassuring about a backline that reads Davies, Patchell, Evans, S Williams, Davies, L Williams, J Mcnichol. Think we were rather good last time we regularly got those boys on the pitch at the same time!
Oh well. Doesn't matter now!!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 3:56pm

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Scrum was solid throughout... First two scrums Francis caved in.. When we had the nudge on at least three occasions, we got nothing, yet when they did a penalty every time. 

Young HOC at 21, a very impressive debut at tight head.. Samson to start Harri on bench. Wyn in for Rob, who took a knock, Shings to start, Tom Price our top tackler with 10,, only playing for 50 odd minutes. The tackle on Dan Evans superb. AOB vastly under used onto bench, with Patch and Hardy to start. Possibly a star for Rodgers or Conbeer at 11, Foxy to 13 and Iestyn Rees as back row cover..,Bleddyn and Costelow are still injured as I understand it. 
Ospreys had the upper hand in the scrums Mark
They did but we certainly werent `mullered`. Plus the ref did seem keen to ping us regardless of who was going up/down/back/forward.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 7:28pm

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

I really can't see the need to sign Bradley Roberts. Our squad currently includes the Lions hooker, the Welsh first and second choice and 3 others if we include Taylor Davies on loan to the Dragons. Along with scrum-halves we are brim-full. Let's save every penny for at least one big-carrying second row and a coach who bring our line-out and scrum to top standard.
As far as Saturday's game against the Dragons, let's use our very best scrum and extract as many penalties as we can from them - we would be foolish to let the game open out too much early, on especially with their back row.
Agree with all that Dai. Don't need Bradley Roberts, 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ReganKing ReganKing wrote:

My bad. I'd have Marc Jones starting at Hooker.
They do look similar 
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 4:55pm
I really can't see the need to sign Bradley Roberts. Our squad currently includes the Lions hooker, the Welsh first and second choice and 3 others if we include Taylor Davies on loan to the Dragons. Along with scrum-halves we are brim-full. Let's save every penny for at least one big-carrying second row and a coach who bring our line-out and scrum to top standard.
As far as Saturday's game against the Dragons, let's use our very best scrum and extract as many penalties as we can from them - we would be foolish to let the game open out too much early, on especially with their back row.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 4:26pm
I'm sorry but i  don't rate  Mark Jones.   I think  Daf Hughes is a much better player 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ReganKing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReganKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 4:19pm
My bad. I'd have Marc Jones starting at Hooker.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by ReganKing ReganKing wrote:

My team for the Dragons clash:

15 Liam Williams
14 Johnny McNichol
13 Scott Williams
12 Johnny Williams
11 Corey Baldwin
10 Rhys Patchell
9 Gareth Davies

8 Sione Kalamafoni 
7 Thomas Lezana
6 Blade Thompson 
5 Aaron Shilger
4 Sam Lousi
3 Samson Lee
2 Phil Price
1 Rob Evans 

16 Ryan Elias
17 Javan Sebastian
18 Will Griff John
19 Tom Price
20 Sean Evans 
21 Dane Blacker 
22 Steff Hughes
23 Steff Evans.

You've got no hooker starting and two tight heads on the bench unless, of course, I am missing something which is quite likely!!!!!
ReganKing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReganKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 3:36pm
My team for the Dragons clash:

15 Liam Williams
14 Johnny McNichol
13 Scott Williams
12 Johnny Williams
11 Corey Baldwin
10 Rhys Patchell
9 Gareth Davies

8 Sione Kalamafoni 
7 Thomas Lezana
6 Blade Thompson 
5 Aaron Shilger
4 Sam Lousi
3 Samson Lee
2 Phil Price
1 Rob Evans 

16 Ryan Elias
17 Javan Sebastian
18 Will Griff John
19 Tom Price
20 Sean Evans 
21 Dane Blacker 
22 Steff Hughes
23 Steff Evans.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Just out of interest, just came back from PYS and saw Patch and Halfers walking back to the ground from training. Leigh seemed to be walking well without any strapping. Hope for a speedy recovery and will see him soon. 

Hopefully halfers has been giving Rhys some place kicking coaching. When you've got the best use it I say.
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 3:24pm
Great to hear Leigh is up and about. 

Just read an article on WOL about potential transfers. Bradley Roberts is an interesting one, and with Ken at the end of his career, with Dwayne having coached Bradley I'd like us to go in for him. He seems a hooker in the Ken mould and at 26 he's got years left in him. Not sure what the situation is with Taylor as he was on loan down the Dragons towards the end of last year and he's there this year as well. Shaun Evans to me looks like a player being primed to be a good squad player, able to cover hooker and 7. 

In the article there were no mention of us being linked to any player. Patchell is also by the sounds of it coming off contract so I hope we tie him down. 
eds
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 3:19pm
Just out of interest, just came back from PYS and saw Patch and Halfers walking back to the ground from training. Leigh seemed to be walking well without any strapping. Hope for a speedy recovery and will see him soon. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic