Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet v Dragons postponed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlet v Dragons postponed
    Posted: 08 January 2022 at 7:28pm
The SA mini tour has been rearranged during the 6N, as if playing on another continent wasn’t hard enough we now get to do it without internationals.

If there is an appeal re:Bristol I can’t see us winning it as all other cancellations/postponements were because of active COVID infections.

There’s 3 free weekends during the 6N that could be used otherwise we’d be waiting on Euro knockouts to use those weekends if possible.

I’m just dumbfounded that we’re still in the position of having to cancel/rearrange games Cry
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2022 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

We have 15 ( 16 if an ongoing appeal on the Bristol game is upheld) to play without any knock out games.

So from next week that’s a game a week until the end of April.

I can’t see any ‘dead’ weekends through the 6N, so who gets called up for the 6N squads is influencing, particularly as we need to expect no one will get released during the campaign back to the regions due to isolation protocols.

It would be great to get guys back yonform and fitness for the games during the 6N ( Baldwin, Rawlins, Cubby, Mcloed, Rob Evs, etc). I think we can be v competitive if the injury gods are kind.

Didn't realise there was an ongoing appeal. Ta.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2022 at 2:14pm
We have 15 ( 16 if an ongoing appeal on the Bristol game is upheld) to play without any knock out games.

So from next week that’s a game a week until the end of April.

I can’t see any ‘dead’ weekends through the 6N, so who gets called up for the 6N squads is influencing, particularly as we need to expect no one will get released during the campaign back to the regions due to isolation protocols.

It would be great to get guys back yonform and fitness for the games during the 6N ( Baldwin, Rawlins, Cubby, Mcloed, Rob Evs, etc). I think we can be v competitive if the injury gods are kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Re Bordeaux away and all other matches involving French teams, yesterday iirc, the government has said that they will be widening the valid reasons for cross border travel, particularly work related.

They’ve not said by when those relaxations will be announced.

Fingers crossed.
It's been confirmed by EPCR that the exemptions are in place Steve. Although there was some caveat about waiting to hear about the exact terms and conditions.
Thanks for that. We’ve been driving all day so haven’t seen the latest.

Glad there’s much less chance of a blank couple of weekends.
As long as we can keep covid out of the squads!!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 9:04pm

5k capacity for Bordeaux v Scarlets.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Re Bordeaux away and all other matches involving French teams, yesterday iirc, the government has said that they will be widening the valid reasons for cross border travel, particularly work related.

Fingers crossed.
It's been confirmed by EPCR that the exemptions are in place Steve. Although there was some caveat about waiting to hear about the exact terms and conditions.
Thanks for that. We’ve been driving all day so haven’t seen the latest.

Glad there’s much less chance of a blank couple of weekends.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Round 3 & 4 of the European champions cup is to go ahead as planned.

Looks like we'll have to play behind closed doors for Bristol at home.
Another loss maker for the region, unless we offer to play it a Bristol and rearrange to play them at y Parc at a later date when we can get a good crowd in.

I don't think that is a bad idea at all. See if we can agree a profit split with them & both clubs are winners.
Yeah I'm sure Bristol feel like doing us a favour after we pulled out last time lol.

We'll play at home and we'll win.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 8:24pm

Fingers crossed.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 5:54pm

Fingers crossed.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 4:11pm

Another loss maker for the region, unless we offer to play it a Bristol and rearrange to play them at y Parc at a later date when we can get a good crowd in.

We can't just organise it between ourselves. We have to play whatever match EPCR tells us to, which is Scarlets v Bristol.

It's a dire situation, which will be even worse if there are no crowds for the 6 Nations.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:52pm

I don't think that is a bad idea at all. See if we can agree a profit split with them & both clubs are winners.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:46pm

Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:04pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 2:24pm

The Ospreys will have played 9 league games compared to our 5 after this weekend.

Far from ideal that.

But we won the game that mattered to us, Big smileBig smileBig smile and they lost the one that mattered to them CryCryCry
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

The Ospreys will have played 9 league games compared to our 5 after this weekend.

Far from ideal that.

9 to 6 I make it but I take your point. Don't know where we are going to fit in all these postponed games.

I don't get how we cancelled against Bristol as essentially we couldn't field a team (through no fault of our own), for whatever reason and they were awarded a defacto 28-0 win. We have now had what 5 teams cancel, again, essentially not being able to field teams yet we are expected to rearrange the matches. Doesn't seem fair.

Simon M did say the Scarlets were in talks with the organisers about that...
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Far from ideal that.

9 to 6 I make it but I take your point. Don't know where we are going to fit in all these postponed games.

I don't get how we cancelled against Bristol as essentially we couldn't field a team (through no fault of our own), for whatever reason and they were awarded a defacto 28-0 win. We have now had what 5 teams cancel, again, essentially not being able to field teams yet we are expected to rearrange the matches. Doesn't seem fair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic