FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Side to face Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales Side to face Australia
    Posted: 27 November 2022 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

If pivac had a shred of dignity he would not wait to be sacked.
I doubt he’s a millionaire so expecting someone to forego a payoff of a few hundred grand for ‘dignity’ is ridiculous. He has to do what’s best for his family and try and set himself up for his retirement. The WRU handed him the 4 year contract and I’m sure he’s tried his best so he has nothing to be ashamed of. 

Ledesma did what he thought was best for Argentina and walked away, it's rare but it does happen.
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 10:57am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Wales played well. Two players let the team down there one of them the captain. They lost us the game. I don't think you can blame Pivac for Tipurics blatant trip on a player. 
tbh i don’t think you blame tupriv for pivacs subs tactics and selections eitherWink

Tbh I can't remember did he make the subs before the yellow cards?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I doubt he’s a millionaire so expecting someone to forego a payoff of a few hundred grand for ‘dignity’ is ridiculous. He has to do what’s best for his family and try and set himself up for his retirement. The WRU handed him the 4 year contract and I’m sure he’s tried his best so he has nothing to be ashamed of. 
he has been rubbish bar a 1 month period but he won’t resign and neither would i if i was in his position tbh
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Kentexile Kentexile wrote:

Gatland and Mooar head and deputy with Mooar focusing on attack/skills. I doubt if the WRU will buy out Tandy’s contract nor that he would leave to be part of what could be a short term coaching ticket to the World Cup so  Gethin Jenkins stays on as defence coach.Neil.  Jenkins stays too as someone needs to know where the tea bags are kept and Ioan Cunningham who is employed by the WRU as forwards coach .

I like your thinking, Gatland for some form of continuity, with Brad Mooar as assistant/backs/attack coach.
Kentexile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 10:41am
Gatland and Mooar head and deputy with Mooar focusing on attack/skills. I doubt if the WRU will buy out Tandy’s contract nor that he would leave to be part of what could be a short term coaching ticket to the World Cup so  Gethin Jenkins stays on as defence coach.Neil.  Jenkins stays too as someone needs to know where the tea bags are kept and Ioan Cunningham who is employed by the WRU as forwards coach .
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 10:21am

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 9:58am
Indeed, I'd be amazed if Robertson isn't either NZ or England coach post wc, he doesn't just want to coach at international level, he wants to win, so those are his best options.

Smith has just done what we'd want, a 6 months job.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 9:53am
Gatland without Edwards is toast with no marmite.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 9:25am
unfortunately Gatland is the only one who can save the face untill the next RWC...in the meanewhile should be good reorganize all the system and find a coach for a new project...
Robertson will be difficoult to sign, considering the different ambitious, England going bad as Wales
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Why should he do that when those above him operate the way they do?
Yes the one's above him are culpable for a lot of things but those people were there during Gatlands tenure we have no clear game plan other than kick or go into contact our back play is non existent and we have lost to Italy and Georgia during the last 12 months with him in charge and blown a 20 point lead at home.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:57am
I'm guessing the wru have a plan for post wc which doesn't involve pivac so unless they're able to bring that forward then Wayne Smith would be the best option.

The chiefs moved gatland aside from coaching because he's looking a bit stale and he wouldn't have Sean Edwards and McBryde alongside him.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:52am
I don’t think Gatland or Tandy are the right options, we have to be ambitious and beat the other big guns to Robertson. Knowing the WRU we will end up with the cheapest option available in order to save money for the new walkway above the stadium.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:47am

Why should he do that when those above him operate the way they do?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:36am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Gatland has hardly been successful since his departure. I do understand the appeal of going back to someone who brought a lot of success if in a limited style. After the ups and downs of recent times, some predictability would soothe fans worries although not necessarily bring any more success. Whether a motivational fear of god type input is what we’re missing is anyone’s guess.

I think its more to do with availability. His time with the Lions messed up his coaching role and ended with a  move upstairs which you could read as being a compromise. He is on record as stating that he would love a chance to coach at International level again. Most coaches will be contracted to season ends so tempting Gatland would look, on the face of it, one of the easier options. 

I would not suggest that Gatland would suddenly turn round our fortunes but he would bring that level of hard nosed expectation to his selections and preparations. He may, of course, be eyeing up a different option namely a long term contract with England running from 01/12/2022 to the end of the 2027 World Cup. Surely fast Eddie must be feeling as much heat as Pivac today after that pretty abject performance from England. Jones is reportedly on £800K p.a. - perfect top up to Gatland's pension fund as he moves through his sixties. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:06am
Gatland has hardly been successful since his departure. I do understand the appeal of going back to someone who brought a lot of success if in a limited style. After the ups and downs of recent times, some predictability would soothe fans worries although not necessarily bring any more success. Whether a motivational fear of god type input is what we’re missing is anyone’s guess.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic